+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angela - Season 6

Angela - Season 6

JOB: Olympic Athlete
    HOME: Panorama City, California

Biography
    Angela, 26, grew up in Los Angeles, California and Harper Woods, Michigan. She graduated cum laude with a degree in government from Harvard University, where she was an NCAA First Team Academic All-American.
    A star player on the U.S. Olympic Ice Hockey Team, Angela won a gold medal in 1998, a silver medal in 2002 and a bronze medal at the 2006 Olympics.

Angela was the first woman non-goalie to play professional men's hockey in North America, playing with the Tulsa Oilers alongside her brother, Bill. As a result, Angela and Bill also earned a place in the Hockey Hall of Fame as the first brother-sister duo to play pro hockey together.

At the 2005 World Championships, Angela helped the U.S. capture the gold by scoring the tournament-winning goal. She was also voted the USA Women's Player of the Year in 2003 and 2004, and was ranked the number one female hockey player in the world by "The Hockey News" in 2003.

In addition to her extraordinary athletic accomplishments, Angela is the founder and president of a girl's hockey school. She also is the author of "Breaking the Ice," her inspirational autobiography, and the director of the New York Islanders' Project Hope, an organization that provides young Chinese athletes with access to educational opportunities.

She is currently training for the 2007 World Championships with Team USA as well as the 2010 Olympics. When she has free time, Angela enjoys traveling, music, coaching hockey and volunteering. She says, "I should be the next Apprentice because I achieved success on a world platform as a result of my strong work ethic, determination and commitment--the same traits needed to succeed in business."
    Last edited by fluff; 12-18-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Angela was the first woman non-goalie to play professional men's hockey in North America, playing with the Tulsa Oilers alongside her brother, Bill. As a result, Angela and Bill also earned a place in the Hockey Hall of Fame as the first brother-sister duo to play pro hockey together.

At the 2005 World Championships, Angela helped the U.S. capture the gold by scoring the tournament-winning goal. She was also voted the USA Women's Player of the Year in 2003 and 2004, and was ranked the number one female hockey player in the world by "The Hockey News" in 2003.
    Ok, I'm impressed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2182211;
    Ok, I'm impressed.
    Wow, so am I.

I'm very impressed. She sounds wonderful. Why in the world does she want to work for the Donald?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

OK, I'll watch this season just to see her.

Wouldn't it be disappointing if she turned out to be the villain? Or the first one eliminated?

Playing on a hockey team might give her an advantage, working with the other members, in her group.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Its a pity I can't stand to watch the Apprentice because I'd like to see how she works....I'll just let fellow FORTers post and I'll read those instead!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2186413;
    Playing on a hockey team might give her an advantage, working with the other members, in her group.
    Or simply being a female in a male world.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

A jock with a brain who is able to compete with the guys in a macho team sport - yeah I'm impressed too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast