+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Apprentice: A Change Is Gonna Come

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I won't be watching. The Donald ripped on Rosie, that's fine. It's a personal war and I'm happy to watch mud slinging, but in his insults to her, he's destroyed his image and insulted many of his viewers. He's made cracks about people from the Midwest (I'm in MI) and attacked overweight people. I'm not now, but I used to be very large and no, that's not going from a size six to a two. I was a size thirty (12 now).

He also talked about a supposed conversation he had with Barbara Walters. She's a very circumspect woman, *if* she confided in Donald, he still had no right to discuss what was said to him in private in so public a way. It struck me as classless, clueless and tasteless.

I'm not saying Rosie is not culpable. She is. I've stopped watching, "The View" for now. I may go back to it, but probably not. My career is picking up and I'm selling more books (doing a mini happy dance here).

He did place himself in the public eye and will be made fun of. It happens when you've obtained celebrity. You don't have to like what the comic says. I suggest you don't listen. If you put yourself that far out there someone is going to come along and try to poke a pin in your ego. I watched John Stewart say almost the same things Rosie did the other night. I've not seen Trump go off on him. Trump seems to save the worse of his abuse for people he deems physically weak.

His rude comments in an effort to fight back has shown me, quite plainly, that he finds people like me abhorrent and lacking in intelligence.

So Donald, despite your valiant efforts to trademark these words, you're fired.
    Last edited by nliedel; 01-05-2007 at 08:13 AM.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Trump is just a uncouth peasant with money. Gee, like that's anything new.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Well, actually they both are uncouth peasants with money.

Quote Originally Posted by amysue;2191017;
    As soon as I saw the tents in the Apprentice ads, I had flashbacks to that horrible FOX reality show "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss". I can't believe Trump is now stealing ideas from a bad rip-off/parody of his show. I think I will sit this season out!
    Hey, I thought that show was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2189691;
    I'm sick of everything being in LA or New York! This is a huge country with a lot of other wonderful locations.
    One word, Logistics.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 01-05-2007 at 03:13 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2195616;
    Well, actually they both are uncouth peasants with money.
    Good point. The difference is that Rosie doesn't pretend not to be, AND she seems, at least, like a big-hearted, genuine peasant with money. Trump's mean-mindedness and pretension know no bounds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456