+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    He did say or I saw aninterview with Lee where he said he was meeting with DT next week. I saw the interview yesterday & it was either ET Canada or ET or Extra & I watch all of them just not sure which show it was. LOL
    Good for him.

I was really surprised that Sean did not take Tammy with him out to the car. I thought the two of them riding out "into the sunset" would have made a fantastic "photo finish!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I was really surprised that Sean did not take Tammy with him out to the car. I thought the two of them riding out "into the sunset" would have made a fantastic "photo finish!!!"
    I think he was just too strung out on Adrenaline. LOL He didn't know which way was up. LOL He did remember to give her the first hug & kiss.

Really it was his night & his win. They celebrated you can bet after that. There is a pic of them together after the show & I am not sure where I saw it. He didn't forget his girl & she sure couldn't ask for much more on prime time television as to what his feelings were. LOL Caroline loves this guy,you can see it. LOL

LOL re: "into the sunset"... the same thing occurred to me.

BUT I'm glad they didn't do that. It'd would been too cheesy, too scripted to be believable. The show really can't afford to lose the small semblance of reality it has left.

I was pleased with the outcome of the show. Sean is probably more capable, and probably deserved to win over Lee. However, I'm not sure anything in the two finale shows proved that. Those shows are edited purposely to sway sentiment. We the viewers "develop" the opinions that the editors want us to develop. If Trump had truly wanted Lee to win, we would've seen completely different footage of their tasks. I think the editors can do anything. I think they could even use footage from these tasks to prove Sean is a serial killer.

The impressive thing about Sean is his ability to keep everyone liking him while simultaneously appearing very competent and self-assured.

I admit to being quite uneasy about Sean's "romance" concurrent with this interview process. Maybe he is just so darn capable that he CAN actually juggle a new romance at the same time as the longest & most public job interview of his life. But I would've rather he just postponed the hormone flares and instead focused on the job. I don't get why he pursued both and was so vocal about it. Almost like this contest was just a lark for him.

I don't think Lee is very impressive (other than his perserverence which is always an impressive trait). Lee was on a losing team often, and once he gets an idea in his head he doesn't seem to take time to assess its viability. I think he did a good job of handling something this difficult at his young age. But he certainly didn't seem to handle it as well as Rebecca from last season. I would be miffed if Trump gave Andy (from season 2) and Lee a job but not Rebecca...

It's kinda disappointing to hear that Rebecca is an associate reporter. Seems like a waste of her people-managing skills. Oh well, the writing is what she educated herself for, so I guess she should pursue it.

So, the Kelly/Trump duo didn't work out? Surprise, surprise. Two ego-maniacs don't make a happy couple.

What's a "green card for excellence"? Do you mean that Sean applied for citizenship based on criteria of excellence, and he got it? I didn't realize that was an option. Wonder how many people get that annually? Sean always seemed a little too normal to make me think of him as excellent, but all in all I'm glad he won and I think he'll do well for Trump. It's nice to feel good about a season finale.

JLuvs, you're everywhere! Thanks always for your good reports.

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    Caroline loves this guy,you can see it. LOL
    Good point. I don't really recall Carolyn liking any of the past contestants this much. Maybe Sean really is great.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Good point. I don't really recall Carolyn liking any of the past contestants this much. Maybe Sean really is great.
    I do think what we see is what we get as far as Sean goes & I think he will do very well with Trump. Trump had him pegged very early on I do believe. As far as the relationship goes, Tammy fully understands what it takes & what she her self was trying to achieve the same as Sean. Obviously the fire has not burned out & they have continued. Trump which just said in an interview that he usually is not in favour of this from his show said he is just fine with this relationship. That being said he must see & know something that we obviously are not privy too. Also you know Trump & Sean & the others have had one on one time with Trump that we also are not privy too. Something tells me Trump probably said something to Sean & Tammy away from the cameras or at least asked them questions as to if they thought it was real. I do not believe Trump would have gone out on a limb quite as much as he did if he didn't think they had something. Time will tell & I am sure a lot has been discussed.LOL JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I think the editors can do anything. I think they could even use footage from these tasks to prove Sean is a serial killer.
    Now THAT would be a reality show worth seeing. I wouldn't be shocked to see some rogue joker wannabe hack director on the Internet take you up on it and produce a series of clips from the originals... That would be hilarious.

>But he certainly didn't seem to handle it as well as Rebecca from last season. I would be miffed if Trump gave Andy (from season 2) and Lee a job but not Rebecca...

I don't think Rebecca wants to work for him anymore at least in that capacity, her career goals seem different. The feeling I get is that she thought it a good idea at the time, she was just trying to win the thing while she was in it, and now that the opportunity passed, she decided it was for the best and has gone elsewhere -- meanwhile preserving whatever goodwill she had with Trump, which smooths some paths for her.

>It's kinda disappointing to hear that Rebecca is an associate reporter. Seems like a waste of her people-managing skills. Oh well, the writing is what she educated herself for, so I guess she should pursue it.

It's probably what she loves to do. It's a different mentality than the sort of person who has to constantly manage a Trump project. She probably enjoys the freedom of learning, analyzing, and evaluating many different things, rather than being stuck with detail management on one single project.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...08_2006_3.html

Was Apprentice's Lee Shortchanged?
    by Matt Webb Mitovich

So many things were wrong — atypically disorganized and surprisingly cursory, if you will — about the live results show for this latest round of NBC's The Apprentice. Where was the heated final boardroom battle? Why was the reunion aspect all but ignored? Who dares to disappoint Jaime Pressly? And why didn't Trump reveal the actual, quantifiable outcome of each final task? After the Donald decided to hire Sean Yazbeck, 22-year-old runner-up Lee Bienstock weighed in on those and other curiosities about Monday night's anticlimactic climax.

TVGuide.com: First of all, congratulations on being the youngest person to make it into the Apprentice finals.Lee Bienstock: Thank you, I appreciate that.

TVGuide.com: So, Lee, you're a guy....Lee: Yep.

TVGuide.com: The project manager in charge of an event featuring Jaime Pressly....Lee: Yep.

TVGuide.com: How do you not put yourself personally in charge of Jaime Pressly?!Lee: [Laughs] It was really, really difficult. Actually, Lenny and I got into a fight afterward over whom she liked more.

TVGuide.com: Considering she derided him as "little Apprentice boy," I'd say you have the edge.Lee: Yeah, well... you don't see it, but I spent a lot of time with her going over the specifications of the cars and how she should go about auctioning them off. She was also at our VIP party, mingling with all the guests there. It's difficult not overseeing Jaime Pressly, but the apprenticeship was 1,000 times more important to me.

TVGuide.com: Those Leary Firefighters Foundation ladies were tough customers, man.Lee: Yeah, the Leary Firefighters Foundation was definitely, definitely tough. They expected perfection, and I wanted to give that to them, but there are so many moving parts on these things. I asked them how long they typically spend on coordinating an event like that and they said months. We were doing it in two days. At the end, they were very happy. [Executive director] Lys [Hopper] was quoted as saying, "Lee put a smile on my face." I wish they would have shown how much money we actually did raise.

TVGuide.com: That was my next question. How much money did you raise?Lee: We raised well over $85,000, I'm pretty darn sure. We auctioned shirts off the players' backs, and Michael J. Fox's alone got over $3,500.

TVGuide.com: Sean's understanding was that his event raised more money.Lee: Ah, I don't think so. Like I said, Michael J. Fox's jersey alone got $3,500, and I also auctioned off sports memorabilia, a chance for somebody to actually play in the game....

TVGuide.com: But Sean got about $40,000 for his G6 convertible.Lee: But I got more for my Solstice, so... they choose what they want to show.

TVGuide.com: So why not reveal the tallies for each event, even at the risk of calling into question Trump's ultimate hiring decision?Lee: That's what I would like to know. If Sean raised more money than I did, he raised more money than I did, but at the end of the day, I don't think he did, which is perhaps why they didn't show it. You also have to remember: Sean had 1,000 people at his concert, while I had 225 to 250 at my hockey event. When you're auctioning off to 1,000 people, it's four times easier than it would be to auction off to 250 people.

TVGuide.com: Here's my big idea: I would have also made people pledge a certain amount per goal scored.Lee: Well, we don't have any say over who attends the event, so I could never force people to do that. And ours were not VIP Taj Mahal guests.

TVGuide.com: Maybe that's why they didn't disclose the fund-raising, because they knew it was apples and oranges.Lee: I spent so much time doing fund-raising things that I spread myself really, really thin. I was auctioning off everything! [Laughs]

TVGuide.com: You know I have to ask: Any second thoughts about putting Lenny on your final-task team? He is very polarizing.Lee: Absolutely not. They could have given Sean a ton of crap for the team he chose. I mean, I like Andrea, but she was pegged the whole season as somebody who didn't get along well with people.

TVGuide.com: I'm surprised you didn't pick Allie; she was one of your biggest advocates.Lee: Allie is great, and the reason I didn't choose her is because Trump had said Roxanne and Allie turned on each other [in the penultimate boardroom showdown]. Allie is very strong, but I thought I would get nailed 100 times worse by Trump if I put Allie and Roxanne on the same team. He could have said, "You're a damn fool."

TVGuide.com: Much was made of your taking time off to observe the Jewish holidays. Was that potential scheduling conflict a concern of yours going in?Lee: Yeah, the timing with the taping was a big concern of mine, but I didn't think it wasn't going to be made into a big issue, to be honest.

TVGuide.com: It wasn't a big issue, but it was an issue.Lee: It didn't sit well with a lot of the viewers, and I wish it had, because I get so many e-mails from people of all faiths who are so proud that somebody would stand up for their beliefs like that. Trust me — I wish I could have been there for those tasks, but it wasn't a viable option.

TVGuide.com: What was more crushing: coming so close to winning this thing, or being shown on national television shooting hoops in your dress socks?Lee: [Laughs] It's close, but I'd say "coming so close to winning." Playing basketball in my dress socks, I've done that before. I've gone straight from synagogue to play basketball.

TVGuide.com: Was it bittersweet at all to go up against Sean in the finals, since you two had bonded over the previous several weeks?Lee: It wasn't bittersweet at all because at the end of the day, Sean and I kept it really clean. We didn't backstab each other and verbally dog each other, which I thought was great.

TVGuide.com: True, it was very much a gentlemen's fight.Lee: It was a complete gentlemen's fight. As I said to Sean: We don't have even enough time [during the live finale] to express all of our positive qualities, so why would we spend time dogging the other person? We really kept it about ourselves. I'd much rather lose like that than lose while also losing my integrity and genuineness.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimetommie View Post
    On the other hand, Jamie Pressley only wanted to know what the hell was going on and where she was expected to be. She was abrasive because she was being ignored. Jamie is my new heroine. "Little Apprentice Boy" has been recorded/saved to my hard drive and indexed where I can always get a quick laugh.
    Don't blame her for being upset. Lee, Lenny, their entire team was so unorganized in my opinion.

Fort Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City View Post
    I was looking for someone else who saw this. It looked as if DT said, "call me next week" to Lee.

I rewatched the episode and DT definitely said to Lee "Call me next week".

+ Reply to Thread