+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Finale Show Discussion

FORT Fogey
    I liked Sean from day one and my choice to win. His resume is impressive and I never understood why so many dislike him or did not think he was a standout.

Lee slid into the final 2 spot without really earning that position despite being PM 4 times. The team won but not necessarily because of Lee. Missing two challenges helped move him forward allowing less time for his youth and inexperience to show.

It was a poor decision to spend so much time in the finale stressing that both were good candidates and the choice was tough. Ivanka and Baby Trump, George and Carolyn and Trump himself expounding on this issue rang false. In seasons past, this was the case, but not this year. No way.

The final challenges are silly anyway. These events are all ready to roll and the Trump teams are inserted as the auxillary straw bosses to put the ducks in a row at zero hour. And should they fail, it does not matter to anyone except production to catch the "errors" on tape. The real event managers just work around the cameras. All those medium jerseys ended up being given away too! Clearly the correct sizes had been ordered weeks ago. But this is a TV show and to be expected.

You just don't pass up a candidate who earned a green card for excellence. That is tough to get and a clear indication you have a solid employee. And Sean comes to him uncluttered with personal businesses to run on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Sean wins!!

I think the end of the show was silly because right after Sean wins, with a stadium full of people, and live tv. he is "sent" down to see his car and get into it and drive away? Like I want to see the audience applauding Trump and all the losers wave to the audienc. It's Sean's moment. Have the car on stage and do something different. Let Sean enjoy the crowd and theatre. Instead of sending the highlight of the evening out of the building. D'uh.

And how stupid to ask "are you gonna marry her?" (Tammy). And how stupid to answer as well. Not the time and not the place, IMO.
    I couldn't agree more. That's got to be the worst reality TV series ending I've ever seen. To have the winner immediately leave the party while everyone else remained was just simply stupid. The look of a lot of people in the audience was confused. Even Trump Jr. had a look of "Well....Sean's gone....what now?" The Donald failed miserably in this task.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Who cares if Lenny would take a bullet for Lee?
    You know, Lee might have been better off if Lenny HAD taken that bullet... and hopefully before picking the other members of his team for him.

Rebecca had been my pick starting from Round #1 for last season. Yeah, she was almost the same age as Lee. But she knew how to present herself as on top of things and in control of the situation, even when she was still learning the ropes. So she didn't just have ability/competence, but she had the *appearance* of ability/competence -- the latter being something that Lee lacked.

(Anyone know what she's up to now?)

I thought the Pontiac guy was getting a little whiny about the signage. We weren't there, so we didn't see everything -- but I think it was hard to miss that Pontiac was part of the event, considering the big promos around the two cars that were being auctioned off. (Still, I guess this is typical with most clients, so you learn to cover your bases and do things that might not be quite as efficient, just to make people happy if necessary.)

I still want to know why Lee took the concert, then backed down immediately when Sean said he wanted it too. That lost him some face.

There might have been more people to juggle during the hockey event, obviously. Still, Sean had to deal with the band and their crew, which isn't fun in some situations. It's hard to tell who had the harder task overall.

Again, though, many people in this world like to be led through things (whether that's right or wrong), and even independent folks who can fend for themselves evaluate competence at least partly on whether someone seems to be on top of things and knows what's going to happen when. Lee put Lenny in charge of "shepherding" all the important people -- a lousy choice -- and most had to fend for themselves; and he didn't seem to think of logistical details until they were brought up as omissions from his stated plans.

Sean was better at details, and he had Tammy on top of those things -- that was one of her strengths.
    Last edited by Fortunato; 06-07-2006 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    (Anyone know what she's up to now?)
    She started working as an associate reporter at CNBC this spring.

Still, Sean had to deal with the band and their crew, which isn't fun in some situations.
    It certainly looked fun from what we saw. Dealing with 1 laid back band or a bunch of B and C-list celebrities? The latter has to be far tougher.

FORT Fogey
    The Pontiac rep's mention of little signage, twice, did not sound genuine. He was probably prompted to say that. Since editing creates the story I believe they set out to gather both positive and negative footage. The producer responsible for Seans event was having trouble finding negative things for the "suspense" factor, thus created a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintai View Post

- Someone said Lee was UTR, but he did become PM four times, that's hardly under the radar. It was a good tactic to overcome his inexperience and that may have been why Trump saved 'take credit' as his last business tip.
    I think that Lee made a good point but I wasn't sure if it was technically valid as part of the reason that Lee was PM four times was that the team he was on kept losing...he was the only original member of his team left at the point that they were down to the F4 or maybe even F5 or F6. Just being the "most senior" member of his team gave him an advantage when it came to being selected for PM. Sean, being on the winning team for the majority of the show had to share the PM role with more people.

Quote Originally Posted by kmjm View Post
    I feel that the reason why they didn't recap the final tasks or report on how much money was raised was because Sean must have completely eclipsed Lee. If they had given those results, there would have been no suspense for the finale.
    According to NBC.com, Sean made $40,000 on the car auction where Lee made $30,000. Not sure that was an overwhelming difference to insure that DT would pick Sean.

I still say that discussing the challenges and how they handled them was worth the discussion post task in the boardroom. It gives us good insight on how they are as individuals, rather than the back and forth about why they should be hired. We watched all the rest so why not this final discussion????

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBuff View Post
    According to NBC.com, Sean made $40,000 on the car auction where Lee made $30,000. Not sure that was an overwhelming difference to insure that DT would pick Sean.

I still say that discussing the challenges and how they handled them was worth the discussion post task in the boardroom. It gives us good insight on how they are as individuals, rather than the back and forth about why they should be hired. We watched all the rest so why not this final discussion????
    Because these final tasks are really just for show. These charity events are all planned and ready to go. They really do not do much so it is impossible to discuss that.

I watched the show from tape last night and read the comments above. I agree on many things that were said. There was not enough discussion of the final task, why didn't people give their opinions of the candidates instead of saying "both good, either one okay, etc." Personally, I thought this season lacked something, but I really liked Sean's personality and enthusiasm about everything. He's a good candidate. He mentioned that he will marry Tammy. Does that mean she said yes?

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    He mentioned that he will marry Tammy. Does that mean she said yes?
    There was some confusion as to what question he was answering 'yes'. In his TV Guide interview, he said he did not hear the marriage question at the time and was answering something else (probably due to the crowd noise about the topic).

He said he and Tammy have been dating since the filming and at this time (post finale), they are not engaged.

+ Reply to Thread