+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Finale Show Discussion

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    He didn't really have many choices. Sean grabbed up the three best fired candidates. Who should Lee have picked? Brent? Allie?

Lee needed Lenny because Lenny had the experience Lee was missing.

I think he missed the boat by not picking Brice or Dan. Both would have done well with this task because both seemed very sports-minded. Michael also would have been good because he really supported Lee. And all had experience equal to Lenny's in a much better package.

If I had to pick, I would have run straight to Tyrek. I wouldn't have given Sean a chance to get him because he is smart. Then, I'd have gotten Bryce on board. If he HAD to get a female, I'd have gone with Allie becazuse she's more creative. Roxanne is smart, but she's too analytical. Allie is a more creative type, and she'd have been great with the celebrities.

Who cares if Lenny would take a bullet for Lee? If he can't get the job done, loyalty is lost on him. Besides, Lenny did semi-attack Lee for going to Temple and missing his second task because of religious obligations.

Lee missed the boat by choosing loyalty over substance. If he ever truly had a shot, it left the building when he picked his team.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    They didn't do the car thing with Randall last year to my recollection. I think they made a point to do it to kiss Pontiac's *ss after Seans screwed up and didn't have Pontiac signage at his task.

I agree that the car thing was stupid. But they wanted to make sure Pontiac was properly represented this time. Wouldn't want to risk losing that tie for next season.
    Actually there was one Pontiac signage...it was shown very briefly after the Pontiac rep said that there was none and it looked liked he did see it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Regular
    The whole innexperience thing.. I believe experience gives you 3 things, one is learning new lessons, two is having more skills, three is being exposed to a lot of different things to make better decisions.

I think that Rebecca from last season was the ultimate example of how one can overcome innexperience. Lee's weaknesses showed, first he never really did sell, second he didn't have that good organizational skills. But Rebecca who IMO is miles better than him showed how it CAN be done, albeit very few people can do it.

1. new lessons. you learn from your mistakes(from experience).. or you do like Rebecca did, always think proactively. She greeted Trump at her event, not because she was grilled for it in the past(assuming) but because she used her head. She knew the priorities of the task, because she thought them through, not through experience.

2. new skills. No brainer, you just need to learn the skills. But it has nothing to do with experience or age. A 45 year old mason isn't any better at management skills than Lee at 22.

3. being exposed to new thing. This one's harder, you need to REALLY REALLY think proactively to enlarge your own 'box' in which you can think. But it can be done.

Experience is a vague word. Ok I'm young, but I would like to describe what exactly it bring to the table. Sure, you can say:"I've been at the battles, I know what works, what doesn't" but some people even if they've never been at the battle know what to do(Rebecca).

Here's actually something that Randal failed at, the older much more experienced winner.
    When Carolyn asked about a rain backup plan, he had none. Trump said Carolyn always had one. What Trump is looking for is this:

normal person: it rains, event ruined, learned from experience, 2nd time around prepares for rain.
    their candidate:it never rained, he/she never had something similar happen, but because they want to cover all bases prepares a rain backup plan. No matter what situation thrown at them, they'll identify what they need to do, even if it's their first time.
    Sometimes it is hard to think about 'rain' if you've lived your whole life in the Sahara, but it is possible.

I wonder how much difference the different tasks made. I'm watching and I don't really see Lee or his group doing anything significantly different from Sean's group. But Sean is having a much easier time. Heck, Sean loses a team member and really botches it by going to the catering meeting and still everything goes smoothly.

Bare Naked Ladies was friendly and helpful to Sean, Jamie Pressley just wanted to be led around. WWF though Sean's Panda idea was stupid but treated him like a professional, the firefighter girl thought Lee's idea was stupid but treated him like a jerk.

Not saying Sean didn't deserve to win, he did. But it sure seemed like the hockey game was a lot harder than the concert. Maybe it was just the editing, but not sure why they'd edit it to make Sean look like he's doing nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    This would be true if apprentice == intern.
    Apprentice does basically mean intern. An apprentice is a beginner that you bring in to learn a trade.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Apprentice does basically mean intern. An apprentice is a beginner that you bring in to learn a trade.
    Shining Donald's shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by NewFORTFan View Post
    Shining Donald's shoes?

Or handing him diet coke. LOL

I'm really glad Sean won. I found it funny how Trump seemed kind of eager to get rid of him immediately after hiring him. It was basically "Sean, you're hired," and then after Sean jumped and celebrated and got congrats from the fired contestants, it was like "OK Sean go out to the car, go now." It seemed to me like Trump was in a hurry to get him out of there. One thing that I found odd about the finale was that Trump didn't discuss the final task at all with Lee and Sean. I remember last season he talked to Randal and Rebecca about how their tasks went. This time he didn't even really mention it. I think it would have been good to talk about their performance in the final task like they have in previous seasons. The season's finally over!
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Wow, so many things to comment on.

Let's see, where to begin.

- I agree that Lee seemed to have more things to keep track of on his task. However, remember this, most people with high expectations automatically get more intense when faced with what appears to be incompetence. Lee kept just throwing out ideas willy nilly and Lys was not buying it (or the other woman). This would explain her being so nit picky as to "How will they walk out onto the ice?" For instance, when the BNL band guy asked Sean if he ever did a concert before, Sean said matter of factly that he hadn't and they were working hard to do a good job (paraphrased). The response was 'ah, it's not that hard'. If Lee had been asked the question, I don't think he would have put the BNL guy at ease.

- I did see Kendra and Kelly in the crowd, but it was a quick pan across them. I think Kelly has had and continues to have the best resume of any Apprentice so far. I didn't see Omarosa, but can bet she was wearing something to show off her new boob job.

- Lenny was a train wreck. What else can be said? He probably didn't know any of the celebs so his calling out the sizes was pointless.

- Pepi might have been a good worker bee if not with Lenny. We'll never know. The overall pick of this team was based upon who Lenny could boss around (Roxanne picked against his wishes).

- The Panda was the WWF mascot, not Pontiac. Sean was trying like hell to get it in the show. In the car? No. On the side of the stage? Uh no. I think we'll leave the panda out? Yeah, that sounds good. Ended up being in the entrance greeting people, which was fine.

- Delegating is fine if you have a good team. Nuff said.

- Lee saying 'he's 33 and I'm 22 and we're in the same spot. When I'm 33 I'll be so far ahead' Hey numb-nuts, you're in the same spot ON THE SHOW, not in real life. There it's no comparison who is outperforming whom.

- Lee saying "there's no way Sean did better than we did." Uh, you guys were pathetic in execution.

- I think Tammy did help locate the music. Sean was in a moment (hour?) of panic. She focused him on one spot rather than all the tables and chairs and there it was. Anyone could have done it, just happened to be Tammy.

- The hair spray? I can go either way with this. Maybe Sean knew Trump was coming by helicopter and didn't want to appear in disarray. Not only because he vamps all the time, but for giving the impression of someone with it 'all together'.

- Roxanne should have greeted the celebs. She was gushing about them prior to the task and may have rocognized a few. Where was she during this? I don't remember.

- Andrea should not have been in blue jeans once the people started to arrive. Her presentation of the Pontiac was fine, but would have been better dressed properly. Tammy would have been.

- Lee at the VIP reception telling them to grab a gift bag sounded like he was telling a bunch of people at a frat party where the keg was, it just sounded out of place.

- Lee and Sean in the board room was funny. Sean just one-upped Lee right and left. Lee fell back on 'experience doesn't matter' and I don't think even he believed that.

- I didn't like the car deal at the end. IIRC, Matha did that in her finale.

- Sean has got to quit kissing everyone within reach. I can't see that being well received on the job site.

- on NBC's website, 85% of the respondents agreed that Sean was the better candidate.

- I looked up Rebecca's bio and was surprised she was only 23. Like mentioned earlier, her polish, poise, and presentation of herself was great. I think the Randal line of "She writes about businesses and I run businesses" was tantamount to a knock-out line.

- Someone said Lee was UTR, but he did become PM four times, that's hardly under the radar. It was a good tactic to overcome his inexperience and that may have been why Trump saved 'take credit' as his last business tip.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of others while reading this thread.

I totally agree with a lot of what you said. I agree it seemed really out of place when Lee was telling everyone to get a gift bag. It seemed really informal. And I agree, Lenny was terrible during the task. Lee obviously picked him because of how much Lenny wanted him to win, and would do almost anything to see him win. But Lee seems delusional when it comes to Lenny's talent and competence. He was awful during the task.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

+ Reply to Thread