+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Finale Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kmjm View Post
    I feel that the reason why they didn't recap the final tasks or report on how much money was raised was because Sean must have completely eclipsed Lee. If they had given those results, there would have been no suspense for the finale.
    You're probably right, but I still would really have liked to know the results!!

I don't know why I watched this season. This show has really jumped the shark <---- we need an emoticon for this

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    If Trump thinks age and experience is so important, why does he even bother to have the younger candidates on the show if he knows he will never hire them? It is a waste of his time and ours to watch someone advance on the show that would never have a chance at becoming the next Apprentice. Why not give that slot to someone who does stand a chance?
    I don't think it was simply that Lee didn't have as much experience with Sean -- it's that Lee showed that his inexperience impacted his performance.

He didn't assemble a great team... based on his inexperience.

He didn't realize he had to make his clients feel at ease... based on his inexperience.

He didn't assign appropriate tasks to his team members (such as letting Lenny handle all the interpersonal interactions)... based on his inexperience.

He didn't realize how many sheer details there would be in completing the task... based on his inexperience.

If he had possessed a less laid-back personality and better understanding of what needed to be accomplished, rather than running into one hole after the next based on his inexperience, I think his inexperience would not have been an issue. Trump wanted to see if he could pull it off despite his inexperience.

In Lee's case, he will most likely learn quickly from THIS experience, and his "inexperience" will cease to matter. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump gave him an offer a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    He didn't really have many choices. Sean grabbed up the three best fired candidates. Who should Lee have picked? Brent? Allie?

Lee needed Lenny because Lenny had the experience Lee was missing.
    I'm amazed that Lee made it to the final two. He was under the radar through the whole show. Lee could have picked anyone other than Lenny. Lenny had trouble understanding anything. Yep, the Donald picked the right one to win Sean had so much more on the ball and three times as smart as Lee.

He didn't really have many choices. Sean grabbed up the three best fired candidates. Who should Lee have picked? Brent? Allie? Lee needed Lenny because Lenny had the experience Lee was missing.
    Many of the candidates who didn't mesh when competing for top slot would be great once that competition was ended for them and they were simply doing their best for their PM.

Seriously, Lee would have done better hiring "Roxallie" for two slots, than having Lenny. (As it was, he took Roxanne.)

Allie was detailed enough that she would cleaned up a lot of the vague areas Lee left untouched, probably put Lys at much more ease, and would have been perfect to be the "face" to the players and the celebs. And obviously she and Roxanne could work well together.

Leslie would have worked hard as well, and was a good encourager and "face person."

Charmaine is good -- if you don't make her think outside the box, and have her check with you before any major decisions.

Dan was highly competent and proactive, sort of like Chris from last season.

Most of these people were taken from the running by Lenny, whose perspective is skewed way beyond belief and who insisted on calling the shots. As soon as he picked Lenny, Lee was finished.

Sean had DT figured pretty well also. He knew like he said a lot would be based on the final task & the team they chose. I watched Sean & his intentness as he listened to what Lee was saying & had his game on to take action when he was asked the question. THis guy is smooth as they come in more areas than one. LOL I like him & to me he is very similar to Bill Rancic. More flamboyant but the same leadership qualities.

Sean so had this in the bag very early on. DT & Sean will do very well together. I expect him to be around for awhile past his one year just like Bill.
    Sean is a very good listner & rebounder,sensitive,compassion ate but very strong in what needs have to be met to succeed. I really like this guy.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Sean wins!!

I think the end of the show was silly because right after Sean wins, with a stadium full of people, and live tv. he is "sent" down to see his car and get into it and drive away? Like I want to see the audience applauding Trump and all the losers wave to the audienc. It's Sean's moment. Have the car on stage and do something different. Let Sean enjoy the crowd and theatre. Instead of sending the highlight of the evening out of the building. D'uh.

And how stupid to ask "are you gonna marry her?" (Tammy). And how stupid to answer as well. Not the time and not the place, IMO.

They didn't do the car thing with Randall last year to my recollection. I think they made a point to do it to kiss Pontiac's *ss after Seas screwed up and didn't have Pontiac signage at his task. They didn't want to risk a lawsuit with Pointiac for improper representation or something so they made him do it. It was STUPID and so obviously pre-taped. In season 1, they said that both Bill and Kwame had to do shots with the car just in case. There are also clips in the NBC vault of Bill and Kwame getting in the loser cab. One contestant said they all had to do it on like the first day.

I agree that the car thing was stupid. But they wanted to make sure Pontiac was properly represented this time. Wouldn't want to risk losing that tie for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    he also interviewed Lee’s Parent’s, Sean’s Parents. Bill, Kendra, and Kelly and got updates from all of them on what they were doing now.
    I always thought Kelly was the most accomplished apprentice. I picked him from the get-go. I also picked Bill very early on because he had a certain drive, but I still liked Troy better. Kendra was an UTR type contestant, but she was accomplished. But in my mind, Kelly and Bill are head and shoulders above everyone else..

Thanks for the update. I read it after making this post. I'm so glad Kelly is doing his own thing.
    Last edited by yourefired; 06-06-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    At the end of the finale you could see Lee and Trump talking to each other. I have no doubt that Trump will hire Lee at one point. He seems to really like the kid, his ambitions and his confidence.

I''m not Lee's fan and yah, the kid doesn't have what it takes to be an Apprentice or run a multi-million dollar company. For now.

In a few years with more training and some maturity (plus his 'politician" skiils he will no doubt become a very successful and savvy businessman.

Lee is The Apprentice's Paris Bennett or Diana DiGarmo. Just too young and out of his league. Had he waited a few years, he'd have been a force on the show. Rebecca never SEEMED young to me, but Lee always did. And that was his downfall.

I think Lee is as smart and capable as Diana and Paris are talented. But if you get in there with people who are 10 years older and have more experience than you, it makes you look worse than what you actually are. Seasoning is everything, and Lee needs some before he can really compete with the Bills and Kellys and Seans of this world.

For true apprentices it shouldn't matter. You hire an apprentice for their potential not for their experience. In fact, if this was a real job interview for Trump experience may actually hinder you. The less experience the more he can mold you into his way of doing things.

This would be true if apprentice == intern. But in this case, the apprentice ends up running a multi-million dollar project. No kid right out of school is ready for that. They're just too green.

If the job was to follow Trump around and learn from him, it would have been more appropriate for Lee to win. But since the job is to hit the ground running and actually take control of a project, the guy with more experience should always win.

He didn't really have many choices. Sean grabbed up the three best fired candidates. Who should Lee have picked? Brent? Allie?

Lee needed Lenny because Lenny had the experience Lee was missing.
    Lenny was terrible, Lee picked him because of their close friendship not because of what he could do, his ability.

Sean was smart, he picked members of his team based on ability.

+ Reply to Thread