+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 6/5 Finale Show Discussion

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    For true apprentices it shouldn't matter. You hire an apprentice for their potential not for their experience. In fact, if this was a real job interview for Trump experience may actually hinder you. The less experience the more he can mold you into his way of doing things.
    not that this would apply to Trump...but some people look for someone younger with less experience that way they don't come into a job set in their ways and the company can teach them the way THEY want things done and not the way the person has always done them..

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I did see Omarosa several times as the camera panned the audience. Not sure if other former contestants were there. Did you see any others?

Question about Andrea.....I noticed that she was wearing a green jacket and JEANS. Others looked more dressed up and/or professional. Does she not own dressier clothes? And the bangs..... Not sure if she thought that would soften up her appearance or not!
    The only other contestant that I saw, as I stated in my little report, was Markus. I didn't see anyone else.

I would assume Andrea has dressier clothes as she wore some on the Apprentice, but what she was wearing was not addressed.

Here are my few pictures:

My Mum and I after the show.

The theatre from the outside

The sign close up

My ticket
    Last edited by JLuvs; 06-06-2006 at 12:07 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I did see Bill briefly and, of course, Randall actually had a speaking part!

!

And he just HAD to push his website on everybody!

Yeah, I know, business all the time but still... Left a bad impresiion on me!

The Apprentice Live finale never fails to be the biggest let down in reality television. Trump grandstanding live is just an embarrassment, and we never get to see what we really want, the contestants getting grilled about the ridiculous decisions they made on their final task.

What they should do, is a prerecorded board room finale (they could record it the day before airing, and edit it down to an hour or two), only involving Trump, the competing contestants, the fired contestants, George, Carolyn, Bill, Ivanka, Don Jr. and perhaps some of the clients that they worked on tasks for. Put these two candidates in the hot seat, and force them to answer for EVERY mistake they made during the interview process. Then let everyone involved SERIOUSLY weigh in on their strengths and weaknesses. (Jeez, they show us more about the decision making process on America's Next Top Model than they do here!) Trump can still withhold his decision until the next day, where he can then name his Apprentice on live television, if he really feels the need to do so.

I want to see these guys sweat it out. Every season the final contestants make serious errors on their final tasks, and very rarely do we ever get to see them answer for that. While I am sure it was entertaining for JLuvs to attend te live show, it just ends up being so unsatisfying to the television viewer.

That being said, I did enjoy Sean's "Austin Powerslike" reaction to winning. "Yeah, Baby!!!!"
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

FORT Fogey
    I seem to remember the 20 pages of post-finale discussion last season was primarily about Randall telling Trump NOT to hire Rebecca, and not about the finale itself...or the timing. Trump even said yesterday, I'd like to hire both of you, but "that's not how it works."

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I seem to remember the 20 pages of post-finale discussion last season was primarily about Randall telling Trump NOT to hire Rebecca, and not about the finale itself...or the timing. Trump even said yesterday, I'd like to hire both of you, but "that's not how it works."
    When he said that last night almost everyone on the lower level yelled at him to hire both of them
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

If Trump thinks age and experience is so important, why does he even bother to have the younger candidates on the show if he knows he will never hire them? It is a waste of his time and ours to watch someone advance on the show that would never have a chance at becoming the next Apprentice. Why not give that slot to someone who does stand a chance?

OK, I admit I only watched last night to catch a glimpse of Denis Leary, and to nourish a faint hope he might go off on Lee, but sadly, I was disappointed. That would have been entertaining, but instead all we got was Jamie whatshername, who proved to the world that playing Earl's white trash beyotch of an ex-wife is not a stretch for her acting skills. Art imitating life, indeed. I thought that My Name is Earl was a hit? You'd think she could afford a pair of contact lenses.

A lousy season, and the only good thing about Sean winning was that it meant Lee did not. At least Sean has a bit of pizzazz and is not quite so much a robot in a suit as some of the other Apprenti *coughBillcoughKellycough*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I am so glad Sean won (although I think it was a given). I haven't watched it yet (have it on tape). I too hope he gets the girl.

Not the NHL Playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post

I meant due to his extremely serious illness. Sometimes it seems like he can hardly stay still long enough to act a scene. If his hands aren't steady on a stick, I'd think it would hurt his hockey game considerably.
    It's a charity hockey game - there are no stars and it raises awareness of his disease.

+ Reply to Thread