+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the Apprentice?

I'm going with Sean. I don't like Lee. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

I think Trump will get along much better with Sean. Sean admires the potential of being in America. Lee just expects what America has to offer. There's a difference.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just can't forget the fact that Lee got a bye on a couple of tasks.

Sean for teh win.

FORT Fogey
    his he really pbligated to choose someone? because i won't pick any of those two. I don't think it is bad casting, i think it is reckless elimination early on.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    I don't think it is bad casting, i think it is reckless elimination early on.
    I agree and I like the way you phrased it.

I think he is definately obligated because the entire premis of the show culminates in a winner. I suppose they could change the format but the promo's would be screaming, "the most shocking finale ever."

Since this is entertainment first and an employee for Donald second, does it really matter who he chooses as far as a good employee goes? Probably not. His credibility will be questioned with Lee, I think. Not sure he wants to defend that choice.

As I said before Sean will create better press.

We also know very little about Sean. He may be much better than we think. He uses the word wanker, he kept a cool head, showed loyality to Andrea, is liked by everyone and a Brit who loves the US. He has some major points in place to make a satisfying finale. Trump will be asking for feedback from viewers and I think he will see Sean with a much higher percentage of support.

FORT Fogey
    I hope next season, they don't eliminate people just to make good tv. California isn't really that appealing to me when it comes to the business world. California is more art, entertainment capital of the world and NY business capital of the wolrd. Well, we will see. One thing is sure, i am glad the season is over!!

FORT Fogey
    Yes, me too. Perhaps they learned something this season. It appears they got too complacent with their formula and found themselves in a situation they had not anticipated.

Or it could be that highly qualified people have stopped applying having seen how the show works for a few seasons. I have always found it odd that contestants come to this show with million dollar businesses to win a $200 grand a year job with Trump.

Previous contestants have been after connections and public recognition to advance their position, I assume. We have seen the winners drop out of view but remain contracutally tied to Trump for a year. Perhaps the shine has worn off and the notion of advancement in the business world proven false.

FORT Fogey
    true.
    the apprentice had become just another reality tv show. People successful now won't be caught death participating on this show anymore because they realized how it might hurt their career in the long run. It is just not appealing anymore to be on it.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Given the high-profile PR jobs offered to past contestants, Apprentice will continue to appeal to publicity-hungry people. Just as all reality shows do.

Let's not pretend this is a business show. There's no magic in the people who were eliminated early. They look better because they didn't get as much attention focused on their lack of business acumen.

I can't think of anyone eliminated in the first eight or so who could manage the night shift at Burger King any better than Allie, Roxanne, Lee or Tammaun. Maybe Brent. He looks like he knows his way around a Burger King.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    He looks like he knows his way around a Burger King.
    You mean Bagel King, right?

(ha)

Thank you, Fortunato, for making me choke on my lunch.

bagel king. Hee. How appropriate.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast