+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Trump likes Lee. Certainly he was privy to his daughters observation that Lee took a back seat, as leader, and allowed Tarek to take over.

He mentioned that he was a polititian in one BR discussion. He said he did not necessarily like that trait but it was a legitimate business strategy. This is when it was noted that he was schmoozing Carolyn and George during the task.

The next time Lee's team is in the BR he will be singled out as the thorn. He is not well liked by any who has worked with him. Trump fires those who the majority do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    The next time Lee's team is in the BR he will be singled out as the thorn. He is not well liked by any who has worked with him. Trump fires those who the majority do not like.
    It depends on why they don't like him.

Such planned "gang beatings" by the team on a disliked member have often resulted in the PM getting canned, if Trump believed they were scapegoating -- even if he could acknowledge that the guy in question had in fact made some mistakes or was detrimental in some way.

[I still remember him firing Chris, who brought Markus back to the BR, last season. No one liked Markus at all. Trump even thought that Chris had lots of potential. But he fired Chris, because Markus wasn't the reason the task lost and Chris had made a bad value judgment. Then again, the episode before that, Melissa had been fired because everyone on the team disliked her due to her negativity. The person's demeanor has a lot to do with whether they're fired.]

He's always looking for Apprentice material, so often a larger-picture perspective over someone's ultimate suitabililty can override some of the task details.

FORT Upperclassman
    This episode, I thought Allie did a poor job as PM, even though she was good on the first task. She didn't appear to recognize that this was a sales task and had no strategy in selling. Then, she panicked in moving the team to a point where selling was difficult. There was no creative thinking and she could have let Tammy get her notebook by herself. Their brochure could have been less impressive and still sold more.

I enjoyed seeing the strategy and creative thinking by Gold Rush even though it was difficult to determine how/where the ideas originated.

After Donald Trump was so hard on Tarek early in the season, it was refreshing to see him somewhat redeem himself.

I also found a certain irony that Donald Trump was much easier on Allie on her loss than Tarek. There was no mention of her Harvard MBA as there was Tarek's Mensa membership. These were the 2 reasons they were selected by Donald Trump to be the initial PM's and team selectors.

Wasn't Andrea the winning PM on the last task? If so, most seasons she would have been exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    He's always looking for Apprentice material, so often a larger-picture perspective over someone's ultimate suitabililty can override some of the task details.
    Which would imply that Allie is a favorite to make final 4. Based on this task she should have been the obvious fire. That he kept her seems to imply that he thinks she's a real contender and he can't just use this boardroom as a convenient time to boot her.

Because she actively disregards other people, and simply uses them as tools to get the job done. She has one half of the "management" job down pat, and completely disregards the interpersonal aspects of being a manager.

She IS a wonderful decision maker, and she can think on her feet, and she scored two victories during her tenure -- but it became clear to me after my initial admiration of her competence that she was woefully lacking in any area demanding a human connection (selling, evocative marketing, inspiring people), and that this would probably be her downfall.

Last night's boardroom is literally the only time I have not seen her be very condescending. Normally she simply disregards everyone but herself, and rudely.

I totally agree with you Fortunato; I was also in her camp in the beginning of the season, (except for the strange crying fit in the bathroom when Brent avoided getting fired over another team member....) I too thought that her ability to think effectively on her feet would take her far.....however, I soon began to hate her condescension towards other members of her team and I realized that her serious lack of people skills would do her in.

Last night's boardroom is literally the only time I have not seen her be very condescending. Normally she simply disregards everyone but herself, and rudely.

I would add that not only does she disregard others, but she disregards that they have any feelings...no, she actively hurts their feelings and sits back to watch with satisfaction, it seems. I am mostly referring to the public castigation of Brent, whom she had just met. That was shocking to watch.

+ Reply to Thread