+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Doesn't Trump Use Former Winners?

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    I'm not sure why they're not there, either. It's pretty clear this show is picking anything but an apprentice to a real estate mogul. They might as well look for television personalities instead.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

How long does their contract last? I'm thinking it's probably 6 months to a year. After which Trump can get rid of them and hire somebody better. Bill is willing to pimp himself on camera some more, and he was the first Apprentice, so he has more "prestige" than the rest. And what he says most of the time actually makes sense.
    Couldn't stand that Randall guy, and I don't want to see him.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Bill knows exactly where (and how hard) to kiss Trump's ass. The other "winners" are obviously less accomplished at this.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm glad Bill is the only former apprentice Trump uses. I wouldn't want to see the rest of them again.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by NewFORTFan View Post
    And George is mr. show business?
    AH! This is very funny.

Bill lives in NYC for starters and is in business with Trump on some level. He no longer works directly for him, as I understand it. Bill is charismatic and an obvious choice for that alone. He also was the first winner and more removed from the new kid on the block image.

Kendra lives and works in Florida. She has her own business.

I have read nothing about Randall but he must still be working for Trump

Bill is used precisely because he ISN'T all that charismatic. Trump likes the fact that Bill doesn't try and outshine him.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think because Bill is one of the better apprentices who is more smarter, and has more emotion in him. All of the other apprentices seemed to me like robots.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Fogey
    sorry he is not the smarter, there were smarter apprentices

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Couldn't stand that Randall guy, and I don't want to see him.
    Really? Why don't you like Randall?

(I'm only asking because I think this is the only time I heard this sort of general dislike expressed for him, aside from the snafu in the Season Finale -- unless that's what you're referring to as why you dislike it.)

Aside from that big faux pas that night, they might as well have created a new sitcom called, "Everyone Loves Randall."

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    Really? Why don't you like Randall?

(I'm only asking because I think this is the only time I heard this sort of general dislike expressed for him, aside from the snafu in the Season Finale -- unless that's what you're referring to as why you dislike it.)

Aside from that big faux pas that night, they might as well have created a new sitcom called, "Everyone Loves Randall."
    I don't dislike Randall, but he had more than one snafu. He screwed up the radio station ad for sure. I was thinking there was another mistake too, but can't think of it offhand.

I guess we get to see snippets of the former winners. Did they show Randall a few shows back in a conference room, and then Kendall tonight. When will Kelly have his brief moment?

I believe one reason we see more of Bill, not only was he the first apprentice, but they needed someone to fill in for George pretty early on, and Bill filled in and did a great job. So, rather than go with more and more fill-ins they've just kept having Bill. Carolyn has not needed as much fill-in until this season. And with Trump in a "war" with Martha, who better to fill-in than his daughter, showing that his daughter can do the better job. Ivanka does a bang-up job too. She's personable and IMO fills Carolyn's shoes rather well. If they had too many people doing fill-ins the judges would not get the necessary time to know the candidates that it takes. I believe it takes more than one task to really see how they are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast