+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ivanka: One of Trump's Better Projects?

Ivanka: One of Trump's Better Projects?

I noticed there wasn't a topic for Ivanka, and I think there's a lot to talk about with her. For one? She's surprisingly well balanced for a Trump spawn. She blows away Martha's robotic daughter for poise. Her fashion sense is a bit iffy, but she's somehow better looking than the combination of parents would lead you to believe is possible. And she's no dummy--for a tadpole not long out of college and younger than most of the Apprentii, she did a good job observing and commenting on them.

She's also got a really nice voice. After not hearing her speak the whole episode I was surprised when she piped up with well... nice pipes.

I haven't seen it myself, but I read she was in that "Born Rich" documentary about the kids of the rich and she's described as something of an antidote to the likes of the Hilton sisters and the other useless rich spawn in that film. Supposedly she comes off in it as nice, respectful of her parents, and almost totally unspoiled.

For all that we occasionally hate on the Donald, could he actually be good at this one thing? Being a parent?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I'm impressed. Considering that Trump's relationship with Ivanka's mom hasn't been all that nice since the falling-out and divorce, I'm surprised Ivanka hasn't shown the typical symptoms of a kid who was brought up in a broken/badly dysfunctional family.

Definitely would like to see her do more ass-kicking on The Apprentice.

I once read a quite long article on the Trump kids and it made me gain new respect for Donald. Like Krom suggested, he is a great father. His children seem to be well balanced, respectful and intelligent. They also worked their way up. I think the oldest one started working as a clerk at one of Trump's places.

I was impressed with Ivanka. She didn't come across as "the bosses daughter". She seemed very smart and articulate.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

she was very cool and smart, I hadn't even noticed he had a daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Luis2092007 View Post
    she was very cool and smart, I hadn't even noticed he had a daughter
    Yes, with Ivana--the one The Donald had the most contentious marriage with. Thus the cutesy name they gave the kid--their one big piece of irreversible damage to her I think. I think it was meant to be akin to the son being "Donald Junior".

Ivanka has actually been "famous" before this. Like her mother before her, she had a brief modeling career--which she actually wasn't that bad at. She actually worked for Elite Model Management, and got bookings in Elle, Glamour and magazines like that. This was back when she was that same inappropriately young age a lot of models are, and she actually looked the part. The story is that Ivana (presumably with Donald's support) wasn't willing to give her any money beyond her private (high) school tuition, so Ivanka got part-time modeling gigs, for several years until she went away to college. Obviously, being a Trump helped, but she does have the looks. Donald's genetic contribution hasn't seemed to have gotten in the way. This may just be a bit of typical Trump reposturing though---this page seems to suggest she might have been modeling far younger than that.

Donald also had some lamebrain idea back then about having her co-host the Miss USA pageant--which I don't recall seeing--but given how bad that program always is anyway, I doubt it was all that good.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-11-2006 at 06:19 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

As much as I love Carolyn, Ivanka can fill in for her at anytime and I'd be ok with that.......Agree with all of those who were impressed by Ivanka. Loved that she saw through Synergy's pack mentality and called them on it. She seems like a nice girl who's also a no-nonsense type. She appears very normal and well-adjusted.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I did see that 'born rich' thing, but I don't remember too much about it.

I liked her, and thought she really handled herself well. I didn't know about her doing any modeling, but that would explain her being comfortable on camera.

She blew Martha's daughter out of the water....but I like Carolyn, and don't want her to replaced. It was a nice 'hype' since the whole Martha/ Donald feud.

Think it was a planned conflict?

I am a big fan of Carolyn, but I thought Ivanka did a great job. She seemed very smart and I think she earned her position in the company rather than just being handed it. I'm interested to see how Donald Jr. will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    For all that we occasionally hate on the Donald, could he actually be good at this one thing? Being a parent?
    I saw Donald on Ellen, and he was talking about his new baby due in about 4 weeks. He said he is a great father. Then he joked and said he hasn't been a great husband, but a really good father. He seemed very proud of himself (as if that's new!) but proud of his kids too. It seems like he gets a big kick out of being a father too. And then he mentioned that he plans to have more with Melania after this one is born.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast