+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ivanka: One of Trump's Better Projects?

FORT Newbie
    Personally I don't find Ivanka pretty in any sense, but that's just my opinion. No doubt she speaks very well. She was dead on about Brent last night. I think she makes a good executive but I prefer Carolyn way more because Carolyn has much more experience in business than Ivanka does considering how long she has worked for Trump. If I'm Ivanka I wouldn't feel comfortable to judge people with way more business experience than myself on national TV.

^^ That's a very good point..Hadn't considered that...

FORT Newbie

Ivanka on "Tonight Show with Jay Leno"

Ivanka was on the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Friday night (April 7). She was very impressive, very articulate and down-to-earth. The interview was fascinating. As Jay Leno noted, her voice inflections and speech patterns are very similar to those of The Donald.

NBC will probably rebroadcast this particular episode with Ivanka next Saturday morning at 2am after Carson Daily if you want to catch it again. David Spade is the first guest, and his interactions with Invanka (as the 2nd guest) are funny.

Once again, she was the best thing on the show. But that makes it even more disturbing when Donald and/or the editors maneuver her into some Daddy Appreciation moment. I mean use this week's show as an example. You could tell she thought Allie stank on ice as a leader. But she had to either bite her tongue or be edited down a bit at the end of the boardroom so as to come off as a Yes-woman for Daddy. It's hard to tell which happened, because I don't think we saw her face during the actual firing. But she definitely agreed verbally with The Donald's usual need for affirmation... the "there really was no choice" thing he tends to pull even if it's not true. Is there any way to say "Daddy, I think there was a choice, and by the way can I have an advance on next quarter's allowance since you'll be firing ME now?"

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Both the Trump kids are great! I was at their college for a time and they do a great job there developing the kind of verbal skills you see on the show. Every class has a group project with a presentation at the end of the semester which counts for a big part of one's grade, so you learn to express yourself in front of a group and work together much as they (hopefully!) do on the Apprentice. They are smart and good looking kids and Donald and Ivana should be (and are!) proud. Their younger brother Eric is a different type and I wonder how well he will fit in to the picture; he is at Georgetown (finance) and will graduate next month and is going right to work for the firm, but he is a very different sort of guy, although very nice and smart, he is not as sleek and polished as his brother and sister. Maybe he will grow into the role but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a less high profile position, much as (younger brother) Robert was with Donald- Ever see him? Not many people did...He did Donald's dirty work for many years until he couldn't take it anymore, walking out on Donald right when the Taj opened, and was seldom seen except with his beautiful (now ex) wife Blaine... Always something going on in Trumpland!! You don't need to watch soap operas when you're around them all, never a dull moment!
    But the way the "branding of Trump" is developing these days, Donald's empire will be well taken care of for many years to come! It's great to see both the kids doing so well and I'm sure we'll see much more of them on the show next (and it looks like the last) season...

She seems pretty smart, well-spoken, and overall very presentable, as though she deserved the job as opposed to having gotten it only out of nepotism. Her brother, OTOH, we haven't seen or heard from enough for me to make much of him yet, even if I wanted to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234