+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more exemptions???

FORT Newbie

No more exemptions???

This has probably been discussed before but can't find a thread. I haven't heard Trump mention exemptions for winning PM's this time around. Has he said why he got rid of them?

Two episodes in, there has been no mention of them at all.

Personally I like the whole no exemption thing, nobody can sit back and coast on that. (not that someone necessarily would, but it's nice that they can't.)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    It was just one more distraction from the real focus of the game, which is to find someone who can run a business.

Realizing that this has become one big joke lately, I'm not sure why they cared enough to remove it. But there you go.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I like the no immunity rule, if indeed it is a rule now. Why give someone a free pass? Okay, they did good this week, they can go on the group reward, maybe give them an extra piece of candy but let everyone fight every week equally.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Upperclassman
    What is more is the won-loss record as Project Manager.

Allowing the winning team candidates to vote for an exemption was a bad idea, imo. Then, candidates start thinking strategically, and getting away from the tasks and their performances.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm happy there aren't any exemptions!!!

The whole, "raise your hand if you think Humpty Dumpty should be exempt" was stupid..it really shouldn't have been started in the first place.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    It was just one more distraction from the real focus of the game, which is to find someone who can run a business.
    That's the real focus of this show?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Agreed with those who think the no exemption is a good thing. I think the abuse of it in the past couple of seasons has done away with the concept of it... I mean really, some people are lazy by nature, and just because they have exemption doesn't give them the right to sit on their tail when they won as project manager.. as that may not be the entire reason the team won. Good call for Trump and Burnett on this one.. make the people work for the win!

I'm going against the grain. I liked the idea of immunity, when seen as a reward for effective leadership rather than for winning the task--but only if the team members voted for it. The prospect of immunity forces PMs to think about leadership rather than just about winning. In addition to promoting good leadership, I think the exemption adds a layer to the strategy and psychology of team vs. individual effort. If I were Trump I would have emphasized the strategic aspect--vote for immunity if you feel this person's actions were responsible for the win, but at the same time realize you are granting a competitor an advantage.
    just because they have exemption doesn't give them the right to sit on their tail when they won as project manager
    We've seen how people quickly lose the respect of the team and ultimately get fired based on their impulse to sit on their tails. The wise candidate would contribute and shine despite having immunity.
    It doesn't seem like a distraction to me to focus on leadership skills as a component of running a business, especially when those skills are assessed by the people that the PM just managed.
    Then, candidates start thinking strategically, and getting away from the tasks and their performances.
    Personally I like to see strategic thinking, and I don't see how it takes anything away from the tasks. As I said, someone who contributes less because they have immunity does so at their own risk.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

When Trump was on the Today Show last Monday he said they decided to change things up a bit this season and do-away with the PM exemptions.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast