+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theresa - Season 5

Theresa - Season 5

Hometown: Barrington, IL.

Theresa, 36, a Psychotherapist-Wellness Center Owner, earned a psychology degree from Northwestern University and her masters in clinical social work from the University of Chicago. She currently works as a psychotherapist in private practice, helping her client's battle depression and other health issues. Theresa earned her real estate license at 21 and also heads up a real estate design and development company.

Q&A:

What was your very first job?
    My first job was at Walden Country Club in Montgomery, Texas. I was a hostess at the age of 15. This was a summer job. I also worked as a babysitter at a much younger age. At the age of 7, I was negotiating with my brother for his allowance money for the trade of Easter, Christmas and Halloween candy.

Who convinced you to try out for The Apprentice and why?
    This was a decision made completely on my own. I have been looking for something to take my present achievements to a new exciting level. Becoming Mr. Trump's apprentice would be an opportunity to get the best MBA you could have and get paid for it. I like how that sounds.

What did you quit/leave/sacrifice to join The Apprentice?
    I left my gorgeous husband, fantastic friends, psychotherapy and real estate clients, five Persian cats and my Shih Tzu puppy. I have sacrificed time and attention to all of the above.

Why do you want to work for Mr. Trump?
    I want to work for Mr. Trump so that I can take all of my business experience, academic achievements and overall skill set to catapult my career to a new exciting and rewarding level.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice? Have any previous candidates motivated or inspired you?
    Each season I have learned from others' mistakes. I don't want to expose my strategies, but let's just say I have a few. I have respect for all who pursue what they want, although there was no one person who has inspired me.

What's your definition of success?
    Waking up every morning excited about what you may encounter or accomplish that day. When financial rewards follow as you pursue what you love.

How would you describe your leadership style?
    Direct- with clear expectations and open communication.

How do you deal with challenges within a group dynamic?
    I deal with challenges that present themselves immediately before they get out of hand.

How do you balance creativity and business?
    They co-exist in my world. It just comes naturally.

What is your philosophy on business?
    Do what you love and the money will follow.

Your favorite (famous) quote?
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that's why they call it present."

Why should you be the next Apprentice?
    I should be the next Apprentice, because I have what it takes to achieve whatever is put in front of me. I have been on my own since the age of 16. I worked a full-time job and managed to excel in school simultaneously. I then worked as a real estate agent to put myself through Northwestern University, where I graduated with a BS in Psychology. I then attended the University of Chicago for my Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work. I continued to work as a Realtor to support myself while in graduate school. I worked for several hospitals and the foster-care system in Chicago, which is/was in dire need of restructuring. I asserted myself in this area by co-founding a Professional Board for SOS Children's Village, an alternative to the existing foster-care system. I decided I wanted to develop my skill set to excel over the competition, so I attended a two-year post-graduate program where I became a Certified Marriage and Family Therapist. I then integrated my real estate expertise and psychotherapy skills when I started The Center for Intra-Spection with two locations in downtown Chicago and Barrington, Illinois. Still yearning to achieve, I recently partnered with an amazing woman to form an exciting real estate venture.

This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as describing why I should be the next Apprentice. I am the full package and soon Mr. Trump will see that I will be a great addition to his empire.

Horoscope Sign
    Aquarius

Top 5 companies to keep an eye on (stock picks)
    Apple, LKQ, Cutera, ValueClick, Coldwater Creek

Favorite Music/Artists
    I love all music! I listen to everything from techno to classical. I love classic rock-Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, but I also love the flavor-of-the-week artist. Too much rap can get on my nerves.

Favorite Books/Authors
    The Secret Life of Bees, Emotional Intelligence

Favorite TV Shows
    The Apprentice-of course! City Confidential & Dateline

Favorite Movies
    Breakfast at Tiffany's, It's a Wonderful Life, Scarface, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest

Favorite Sports/Sports Teams
    Hockey- Chicago Blackhawks, Basketball- Chicago Bulls

Pets
    Five Persian Cats & one Shih Tzu

Guilty Pleasures
    Food- French food and Sushi & SHOES SHOES SHOES

Favorite former candidate of The Apprentice
    Jennifer- 2nd season

Current hobbies/recreational activities
    Painting, clothing design & gardening

Top travel destinations
    St. Barths, London, Venice, Greek Islands and New York City

Preferred Mobile Device
    Palm & Motorola.

Highest Level of Education
    Northwestern University- Undergraduate, The University of Chicago- Graduate, Chicago Center for Family Health- Post Graduate

Blackhawks, huh?

At least she's used to losing.

I guess she's the psycho one they show in the previews....

I predict that she'll be a bad team captain, but she'll somehow weasel her way out of getting fired and make it far.

Not to mention that she's the only female candidate of Season 5 who is married while the other female candidates of TA5 are single. I found this out on the NBC site.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    mentioned Scarface and Led Zeppelin

what's not to like?

FORT Regular
    Plus: she's got five Persians.

Minus: Just about every other one of her answers. And her irritating behavior in the first ep. And the misplaced apostrophe in her quiz answers. "Helping her client's manage depression"? Ugh.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    [qimg]
    How would you describe your leadership style?
    Direct- with clear expectations and open communication.
    More like one-sided communication. I speak you listen. You speak I don't.

This woman is very impressed with herself and a terrible manager/leader. However, she does speak well if a bit on the pretentious side. I am very glad she is gone - she deserved to get fired!!

+ Reply to Thread