+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sean - Season 5

I just watched the last episode (I'd taped it). Sean, Sean, Sean - what a boob you are and what a lame excuse for defending Andrea against Allie. I think he thought Allie would get fired because she was the PM and then he would have to deal with Andrea (and like everyone else, he was a little afraid of Andrea). He made the WRONG move and then tried to CYA. It didn't fly with Allie, nor anyone else. He is lucky that Tammy still has faith in him (guess she is a little attracted by his charm). He would be smart to jump ship and even out the all boys team next week and get away from the wrath of Allie and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I just watched the last episode (I'd taped it). Sean, Sean, Sean - what a boob you are and what a lame excuse for defending Andrea against Allie. I think he thought Allie would get fired because she was the PM and then he would have to deal with Andrea (and like everyone else, he was a little afraid of Andrea). He made the WRONG move and then tried to CYA.
    I'm not sure what he was thinking.

Before Andrea's firing, he sincerely seemed to think she was okay. (And I remember him admiring Andrea in clips a few episodes back. He actually did admire her in some ways.)

So I took his boardroom stance as a matter of integrity. He didn't throw Andrea under the bus, and he regretfully insinuated that Allie was at fault, although he didn't want to say it.

But then as soon as the BR's over, he backpedals, grovels, and explodes with some wild story about how he thought he would be fired and he had to protect himself. (By defending Andrea? I'm confused.)

Either Sean threw some brain cells, or the editors cut some stuff that we really needed to know in order to make sense of his behavior.

Plus, Allie does tend to be opinionated (she likes to have everything a certain way), her "blood on the walls" speech was creepy, and just the fact Sean didn't agree with the group about Andrea would be enough to irritate her even if he was being sincere.

I don't understand why you all dislike Sean so much. I thought he did the right thing, not going against Andrea just because the other 3 gals wanted him to join them in ganging up against her. Allie was the PM, she didn't do a good job at all, everyone could see this. Roxanne and Tammy just took her side because they disliked Andrea so much. Allie just cannot see that she sucked as the PM manager.

Most men avoid conflict.

FORT Regular
    I think Sean had to fight off 2 things, Trump and his team. It went right by our heads, but Allie did a poor job as a PM on that task, they still didn't get up in time. Give Lee and Gold Rush an early challenge and they'll win everytime. Allie is Allie, like Tammy described it in the last episode, her personality means she'll sometimes argue and hold grudges instead of just letting it go.

The whole Synergy team probably decided, led by Allie, to gang up on Andrea. They were plotting it, careful as what to say to Trump, unsure if it would work. It probably was a bit too over the top and Sean just decided not to go with it, because it would probably eliminate HIS chances in the eyes of Trump. He even said before the boardroom he wouldn't jump on the bandwaggon, he clearly told them "I'm not going with your plan"

That is that, but what about when he came back in the room? Well I think he did a pretty good job. Tammy sure forgave him fast, and even Allie was debating whether she should trust him or not. They were a pack, they had just thrown off the black sheep Andrea from their team, Sean didn't want to be the next one.

At first I liked Roxanne, but now, the whole group of Allie-Roxanne-Sean(I guess not that much anymore) just had this pack mentality, see her how she jumped and laughed at Michael when he asked about the paint colors, how she's always in the back just aggreeing and so on. Very UTR.

I'd be disgusted if Allie makes it to the final 4, and probably final 2, she's a good salesman.. and that's as much as we know. We do know she's not creative and she's rude to anyone trying to be creative.

Tammy, she didn't get positive edits, except her speech about being the winning PM. I really liked her from the begining, but only see her as getting a final 4 berth.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    Most men avoid conflict.
    So?

Most men avoid conflict.
    I would tend to disagree with this.

Most men will avoid personal conflict but not business conflict.

Most women will engage personal conflict but want to avoid it in a work environment.

Just my experience.

The men I've worked with do not want to bothered with details at work, they just want you to do the work and they're fine with that.

I think men just avoid conflict, meaning they don't like to nagged, talk about a subject too long. Resolve the problem, don't bother me with the little details.

The men I've worked with do not want to bothered with details at work, they just want you to do the work and they're fine with that. I think men just avoid conflict, meaning they don't like to nagged, talk about a subject too long. Resolve the problem, don't bother me with the little details.
    I think you and Nintai are saying basically the same thing.

If you look at the typically developing kid, you'll see girls very involved in interpersonal conflict and negotiation, where the boys express conflict directly, impersonally, and move on. (Watching my daughter versus my sons in their relationships with schoolmates only strengthens my feelings about this. It's insane how different it is.)

The guys generally can spar in impersonal ways, want to solve the conflict / find an answer, and keep moving. They might get peeved at each other, but it usually is expressed and then dropped. They aren't afraid to argue about the "right solution," although they usually don't want to belabor the point.

The women here are viewing it more interpersonally (Rox's a little more casual, but Allie in particular). To her, Sean dissed her and she can no longer trust him -- plus she feels hurt. It's something that can't be sloughed off unless they repair the relationship somehow.

Guys generally don't get that stuff, and women can't understand why the guy seems like he doesn't care.

Male and Female Style Conflicts

Just as a PRIME example, you guys should check out the Preview for Week 11 that just got posted on the Yahoo Apprentice clip site.

Sean is being jerked around by Roxanne and Allie because he didn't "apologize" for the terrible thing he did in the boardroom.

He's like, "WTH are we even arguing about this? This is stupid. Why is this being dragged out? Aren't we done with this yet?"

And they're like, "You were so mean to her in the boardroom [by, uh, wanting to support the good stuff he saw in Andrea? Allie DID suck as PM]! And you don't even seem sorry, you really need to make her feel better."

Classic male and female conflict styles and reactions.

They care about how the boardroom was handled, and whose feelings were hurt, and whose relationships were violated, while he thought he was simply being honest and that they had already discussed it, so it should be done by now.

I like Sean because he gets along without sacrificing principles and is willing to stand up for underdogs, as when Roxanne was being attacked by the team. I don't get why he protected Andrea, but I guess it was probably out of sincerely overlooking her devious blood hunger rather than for fear of her.

And now he is dreaming of having babies with Tammy after being such a social butterfly---it all seems so... innocent or something. He is almost like from another planet to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crede View Post
    I don't get why he protected Andrea, but I guess it was probably out of sincerely overlooking her devious blood hunger rather than for fear of her.
    I think we need to look at the question that was asked of him. It was basically who should be fired for that particular task? The honest answer was Allie. The conniving and conspiratorial answer was Andrea. As he said, he might have thought (at that point in BR it wasn't clear the 'we don't like Andrea' strategy was working, plus parts edited out) if would set himself up for firing if he was not honest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast