+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roxanne - Season 5

Roxanne - Season 5

Hometown: Austin, TX.

Roxanne, 26, an attorney at Winstead Sechrest & Minick, P.C., credits her parents -- both professors at Arizona State University -- with instilling the virtues of education in her at a young age. Moved by seeing Sandra Day O'Connor appointed as the first female U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Roxanne decided early on to pursue a career in the legal system. The Baylor University graduate earned her law degree from the University of Michigan. While studying law, Roxanne became a certified Jazzercise instructor and currently teaches three classes a week. Before going into private practice, Roxanne clerked for Justices Scott A. Brister and Craig T. Enoch of the Supreme Court of Texas. Roxanne serves on the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Austin Affiliate Board and is active in her Riverbend church choir and young professionals group.

Q&A:

What was your very first job?
    My first very first job was babysitting children from my church.

Who convinced you to try out for The Apprentice and why?
    My dear friend Jennie convinced me to try out for The Apprentice. She was convinced I was the perfect person for the job and it would be an experience of a lifetime.

What did you quit/leave/sacrifice to join The Apprentice?
    I took a leave of absence from my law firm and the Susan G. Komen Board. I quit the leadership team for the young professionals group at my church. I also had to cancel judging the Homecoming Queen and Court competition at Baylor this year (Homecoming is a HUGE DEAL! Go Bears!!). The hardest thing for me to leave though was my 9-month-old Yorkie, named Bear. That was rough.

Why do you want to work for Mr. Trump?
    I want to work for Mr. Trump because I want to learn from the best, and Mr. Trump is hands down THE BEST. I also want to encourage him to build in Texas.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice? Have any previous candidates motivated or inspired you?
    The previous seasons of The Apprentice have taught me to be yourself and NEVER give up. Amy from Season One has motivated me. She was successful because she was smart and quick, and she knew how to get along with men and women. She is also from Austin, which is an added bonus.

What's your definition of success?
    Success is reaching your dreams and/or achieving your goals with your integrity intact and your family and friends by your side.

How would you describe your leadership style?
    I lead by example. I am a nice mix of taskmaster and cheerleader.

How do you deal with challenges within a group dynamic?
    I deal with challenges within a group dynamic as an opportunity for the group to get stronger. I deal with those challenges quickly and head on so that we can get back to business.

How do you balance creativity and business?
    I balance creativity and business the same way I balance life - all in moderation.

What is your philosophy on business?
    If you love your business, you are bound for success. Your love for your product is like a potent aphrodisiac to your customers and employees. They will want to work for you and buy from you!

Your favorite (famous) quote?
    "I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve." - Albert Schweitzer.

Why should you be the next Apprentice?
    I should be the next Apprentice because I am one of a kind! I am a smart, convicted, charismatic, hard worker who loves to have fun and has a unique love for life and those around me. Trust me, there is no one else out there quite like Roxanne.

Horoscope Sign
    Pisces

Favorite Music/Artists
    I love any and every music style! My current favorites are: Jessica Simpson, Mariah Carey, and Beyonce

Favorite Books/Authors
    Pride and Prejudice, What a Girl Wants

Favorite TV Shows
    The Today Show, Law & Order SVU, Desperate Housewives, Instant Star

Favorite Movies
    Dirty Dancing, The Sound of Music

Favorite Sports
    Football, Figure Skating

Favorite Sports Teams
    Michigan, Baylor, Phoenix Suns, Team USA - for the Olympics

Pets
    Yorkie named Bear

Guilty Pleasures
    Watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs, reading US Weekly singing to my iPod and dancing around my apartment

Favorite former candidate of The Apprentice?
    Amy Henry

Current hobbies/recreational activities
    Jazzercise Instructor

Top travel destinations
    Italy!! Las Vegas

Highest Level of Education
    Baylor University (undergrad), University of Michigan Law School

I am getting a highly annoying perky vibe from this one.

She sounds awesome! 26 year old lawyer, yet she also makes time to do so many other things like teaching exercise, participating in alumni events, etc. Go Roxanne!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    looks a lot like Verna and about as boring

this girl sounds like she has her head on her shoulder. Plus she's from Texas. Can't wait to see how she fairs.

I only saw the second episode, but I like her. She called Stacy on her flipflopping about being "threatened", and she was the only one to speak up about why their team really lost (crappy location).

She stood up agains the dogpile. And she likes Buffy DVDs. I'll put her on my like list for now.

Another passenger on the Roxanne train. I liked that she went against the grain and didn't gang up on Brent. She shows that she can think for herself.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Another passenger on the Roxanne train. I liked that she went against the grain and didn't gang up on Brent. She shows that she can think for herself.
    Now that my Yahoo game pick (Pepi) proved to be a really bad call, if I can change my vote, I'm seriously contemplating picking Roxanne. She's practical, realistic, no-nonsense, not catty or spiteful -- overall, pretty mature.

(My other options seem to be Leslie, Lenny, possibly Bryce, and also Dan, in terms of people Trump might hire.)

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    She's practical, realistic, no-nonsense, not catty or spiteful -- overall, pretty mature.
    As far as we know...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast