+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leslie - Season 5

Leslie - Season 5

Hometown: Houma, LA.

Leslie, 28 graduated in 1999 with a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism, with an emphasis in public relations. She was awarded a full scholarship in the sport of volleyball to play in the SEC at the University of Mississippi. Leslie's success came early in life when she captured her first U.S. Swimming Championship Title for the state of Louisiana at age seven. She later captured the LHSA Tennis State Championship Title and competed in Division 1 level volleyball. Leslie, currently a multi-million dollar realtor with Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate in Boca Raton, has maintained a 100 percent closing transaction success rate throughout her career. Leslie is a member of the Boca Raton Junior League where she enjoys working with other women to make a difference in her community. She also participates in the Southern Palm Beach Women's Tennis Association's Open Level League. Leslie attributes the success throughout her life to her strong family foundation.

Q&A:

What was your very first job?
    My very first job was a receptionist for my father's medical supplies company in Louisiana during my first college summer break. It was really nice to work for my father and see him running the business firsthand. He led by example and you could see how much respect his employers had for him.

Who convinced you to try out for The Apprentice and why?
    I convinced myself to try out for The Apprentice. Neither my friends nor family knew until after the tryout was over. It was something I wanted to do on my own and I did not want any outside influences affecting my decision to try out so I waited to tell everyone after! Everyone was very excited and supportive upon me telling them.

What did you quit/leave/sacrifice to join The Apprentice?
    I do not look at joining The Apprentice as a sacrifice. I look at the show as a once in a lifetime opportunity I am proud to be a part of.

Why do you want to work for Mr. Trump?
    I want to work for Mr. Trump because he is a real estate legend and it would be an amazing educational experience to learn from Mr. Trump and his colleagues.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice? Have any previous candidates motivated or inspired you?
    I have learned from previous seasons to be true to yourself because all of America will see your strengths and weaknesses. I think all three winners have been great but I think Bill was my favorite. He was always cool, in control and his competition really respected him.

What's your definition of success?
    My definition of success is leading a balanced life and still being able to reach your career goals.

How would you describe your leadership style?
    My leadership style is to lead by example. My years playing team sports have taught me that leading by example is the best method of reaching your individual and team goals.

How do you deal with challenges within a group dynamic?
    I think there are always going to be challenges within a group dynamic because we all come from different backgrounds, different parts of the country and have our own separate personalities. I believe the best way to deal with these challenges is to try to see the strengths within your group and work with each person's individual personality.

How do you balance creativity and business?
    In the real estate profession I have the luxury of being able to use my creative side to create my marking materials.

What is your philosophy on business?
    My philosophy on business is to always be ethical. It will always be worth it in the long run. I also believe you must trust your gut. When something in business doesn't seem legit, it usually isn't.

Your favorite (famous) quote?
    "Successful people do what others fear."

Why should you be the next Apprentice?
    I should be the next Apprentice because I want to learn from the best and I believe I have the dedication, drive, and integrity to represent Mr. Trump and his organization in the proper manner. My years as a Division I volleyball player at The University of Mississippi taught me to achieve individual goals as well as team goals and I would like to bring my strengths and eagerness to learn into the Trump Organization.

Horoscope Sign
    Libra

Top 5 companies to keep an eye on (stock picks)
    Sprint Nextel, Oracle, Shaw Group, McDermott International, Frontier Oil

Favorite Music/Artists
    My favorite music is pop, country, alternative, and some rap. I really can appreciate all genres of music. My favorite artists are Faith Hill, Kelly Clarkson, George Strait, Black Eyed Peas, Celine Dion, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, 50 Cent, Gwen Stefani, Keith Urban and Jack Johnson.

Favorite Books/Authors
    Mary Higgins Clark and James Patterson are two of my favorite authors. I am a big fan of mystery and autobiographical novels. My favorite books are Gap Creek and The DaVinci Code.

Favorite TV Shows
    My favorite TV shows are Grey's Anatomy, American Idol, The Apprentice and my favorite guilty pleasures are The O.C. and Laguna Beach!

Favorite Movies
    My favorite movies are Bridget Jones's Diary, My Best Friend's Wedding, Pearl Harbor and Dirty Dancing.

Favorite Sports/Sports Teams
    My favorite sports team is the Ole Miss Rebels! I love Ole Miss Football, the best tailgating in the nation takes place at The Grove in Oxford, MS!

Pets
    I have a Pomeranian named Maggie and she turns 7 in November.

Guilty Pleasures
    I love prickly pear Margaritas with chips and salsa.

Favorite Website
    My favorite web site is Yahoo! I have it customized with world news, sports, entertainment and movies.

Favorite former candidate of The Apprentice
    My favorite former candidate is Kendra. She seems like someone I would get along with and respect in the business world and would be friends with outside of the show setting. Kendra is strong, loyal and composed. These are qualities I admire.

Current hobbies/recreational activities
    My current hobbies include playing tennis in a top tennis league in South Florida alongside former collegiate and professional athletes. I also enjoy volunteering my time through the Junior League of Boca Raton. During my free time I enjoy going to the beach, biking, spending time with my friends and family and karaoke!

Top travel destinations
    I enjoy traveling to New Orleans and my hometown of Houma, Louisiana to visit my friends and family. I also enjoy traveling to Chicago, Nashville, Las Vegas and Oxford, Mississippi for Ole Miss Football games.

Highest Level of Education
    I received a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations from the University of Mississippi- Oxford. I attended Vandebilt Catholic High School in Houma, Louisiana.

Pets
    I have a Pomeranian named Maggie and she turns 7 in November.
    God help us. Another Pomeraniac!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    God help us. Another Pomeraniac!
    I hope Pom doesn't go easy on her just for that (highy doubt it )

not sure if leading by example succeeds on this catty show

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can't find anything really irritating about her.. as a matter of fact, she's the first Apprentice of this season that I liked in print. We shall seee.....
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Why is the DaVinci Code so dang popular with these people...it's a conspiracy...

I liked the way Leslie handled herself in the BR last night. She seems to be pretty tough. I'm starting to like her a bit. However, I'll have to wait and see how she performs on the next task. After what took place in the BR last night, I wouldn't be surprised if Leslie decides to step up as PM on the next task.

CEO
    Leslie who?

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Leslie who?
    heh. Yeah.

It's about time, though, that Leslie stepped up. Trump's obviously wondering why she's hanging back, and yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to be PM next task. If she doesn't step up soon, she'll get canned -- I've seen it happen before.

So far, at last as a follower, she's seemed pretty competent and clear-headed.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    ...she's seemed pretty competent and clear-headed.
    We don't know that. We just know that she has kept her mouth shut. That in and of itself is quite the feat with this group of people, but we really don't know if Leslie knows anything because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    We don't know that. We just know that she has kept her mouth shut. That in and of itself is quite the feat with this group of people, but we really don't know if Leslie knows anything because of it.
    Well, there isn't much direct evidence to go on.

I'm speaking simply on the times when I saw Leslie take action as a follower in the tasks. She's always been on the "right" side when the team disagrees on something -- I haven't caught her being on the wrong side yet. She's always been very proactive in tackling her tasks; she has a definite air of competence.

And she's generally treated others in a mature fashion, even reaching out to them when they were disturbed or upset. (Thinking particularly of her going after Charmaine after Theresa's firing... but she definitely comes across as the stable "mom" figure on the team.)

The outburst in this boardroom against Dan was probably the only time I've seen her lose her cool unnecessarily. Then again, Trump has probably never called her out before, so this time she felt threatened.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast