+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lenny - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Crede View Post
    I think the main problem with this dude, who otherwise would have made a very capable apprentice, is his not being Americanized enough yet, not in terms of language nor culture, i.e. not knowing what is considered appropriately tactful to Americans. He's been here 14 years, but perhaps he's been dealing mostly with fellow Russians.
    I have no idea. But it was clear he had no sensitivity for how to connect with the clients. Lenny is about getting the job done, but he's not much into how it gets done, how it looks to others while you're getting it done, and even the maintenance-related issues (how is a non-profit going to upkeep expensive equipment?)

He simply isn't receptive to that aspect of sales and management.

The worst thing I found was that he stunk so bad at the initial meeting. He should have put Charmaine in charge. The fact is, he's not much for envisioning and planning, he just wants to work and get something accomplished.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Completely disagree with Bill Rancic. Actually I find his comment.. well... not very smart and quite ignorant.

Lenny like thousands of legal immigrants came to this country to start his life from scratch.

Do you honestly think that learning what's the jingle was one of his priorities?

I wonder would be Bill familiar with some not very important terms if he lived 14 years in Russia?

I doubt it.

The result is that Lenny became quite succesful even WITHOUT a "comprehensive" knowledge of jingle.

i agree with you. I thought it was very ignorant of bill, well i never liked him.

CEO
    Lenny was very disappointing last night. Ineffective communicator and unable to rally his troops. I'm sorry to see him go, but it was his time...

There is a language barrier. He cannot express himself very well in English. He should NEVER present, unless it is in his native language, at least until he can learn to speak more convincingly in English. If he brushed up his English skills, his jokes might also have been funnier. Other than his entrance interview, he wasn't funny enough to be the kind of cour jester that would escape trouble, given his inattentiveness to tact.

He is also too blunt with other people and has shown too much bravura. Knew it would get him in trouble.

He also seemed very worn out. The show is exhausting for the candidates.

I bet he is happy to get away from all those negative, back-biting, bickering, petty cry babies though.

Nice to see him back with his family playing pool with his son.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I thought that he was totally bummed out when Trump (the first time he said it) kept saying to him that he's "on this ice". He seemed (to me anyway) to be reserved to being fired.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I had the same feeling that he was going to be fired soon, too.

FORT Regular
    Lenny's non-chalant attitude kept cracking me up! He was funny without even trying - just being himself was funny. When Trump would tell him he did a bad job, he would just say, no i didn't-- as if Trump was not the boss. I think this guy is a character and I wish he were around longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyracan'tjudge View Post
    Lenny's non-chalant attitude kept cracking me up! He was funny without even trying - just being himself was funny. When Trump would tell him he did a bad job, he would just say, no i didn't-- as if Trump was not the boss. I think this guy is a character and I wish he were around longer.

That did crack me up, too.

FORT Fogey
    He definitely blew the task BUT...

I have a feeling Lenny got really bored with the politics going on and the show itself.

He is the guy who wants to get the job done. Period. Not listen to Charmaine's blubbering. (Sadly I see too many Charmains, Leslies, Tareks, Andreas, Allies in real life).

Yes there is a language barrier. BUT it didn't get on the way of him becoming very successful. So he definitely was doing something right for the last 14 years.

He'll be fine. Without Trump's bruhahas and office/show politics.

+ Reply to Thread