+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lenny - Season 5

FORT Regular
    People are overblowing this chef thing with Lenny. No one wants to be judged while they dance, and they shouldn't, it's all fun. Well this time was just having fun, he could get carried away by his personality a bit, nothing should be read into putting a finishing touch(that didn't even touch the actual food), who brought up the comments? Great person he/she was, would you like to work with them? judging you by the way you open the door?

Lenny was really funny during his entrance interview, and it was refreshing to hear somebody tell it like it is without worrying about politics.

I'm just saying that if he's not careful, he could piss off enough people to get himself kicked out.

He said in his interview, "I don't want to be Apprentice. I want to be Donald Trump. I wish Donald Trump would quit his job now and just let me be CEO."

This was sorta funny to me but I'm not the boss Lenny says he wants to replace. A boss could feel threatened if he or she hears this.

Just the way the superchef can feel his star status challenged when someone tries to improve on his creation.

Imagine if you are the boss, and one of your underlings pointed out in front of everybody something he thinks is a mistake of yours? This person may be honest, but how strong are you? Could you evaluate this fairly, without feeling threatened? Would you appreciate this person for HONESTY, feeling you can trust him/her to be sincere, or would you think this person was trying to show you up? What if this person does this to you again and again?

Lenny better be more careful. I want him to hang around for a long time for the entertainment value. I want to see him stretch it to the limit. HOW MUCH CAN HE GET AWAY WITH? If he is a good enough court jester, maybe quiite a lot. We will see.

FORT Regular
    The boss is usually 'the boss' because they are usually a better business person/more talented than you. No seriously, if I was the star chef and went through everything he did I wouldn't of been the slight bit 'threatened' by the act, the star chef went through so much and is so confident that he knows what he's capable of, and a move like Lenny doesn't phase him. Just an entertaining fellow. Hell, confidence also should always come from within, no matter how others treat you or what they say about you, your ego doesn't go down after what Lenny did.

And just to say it one more time, an executive, even more so someone who's in a really high position like Mr. Trump and who most likely isn't a moron that latched onto other's success, is the better business person. Put it this way, you're the bigshot company boss, even owning your current job, what happens if you mailboy tells you he wants to be in your spot? Are you threated? No it's cute, funny or shows ambition. When an 'underling'(gee great word to describe your coworker) says they want to be in your position, well great, if they are just as talented as you, they should be, it's capitalism. But until they get there you don't feel threatened about something like that, because you know why you got the high position over others in the first place.

Plus, everybody makes mistakes (to the pointing out a real mistake you left out) AND the most important of all, when you're the captain of the ship, you don't man the guns yourself, deploy the sails and act as the doctor, but you put people far more talented at these tasks than yourself to do them, it's their job to tell you about mistakes you made.

I hope you're right that many bosses don't mind being criticized.

Myself, I am afraid to go try this out on my boss, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crede View Post
    I hope you're right that many bosses don't mind being criticized.

Myself, I am afraid to go try this out on my boss, though.
    As long as you don't begin with the words, "You STINK as a project manager, and I can smell you the whole way over here!!!" you'll have a much better shot.

Actually, it would be really funny and I would enjoy it if Lenny said this to Trump

Lenny is the only reason I am watching apprentice...love him!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by celicacutie81 View Post
    Lenny is the only reason I am watching apprentice...love him!

I really like Lenny too - I wonder what they're not showing us that makes Trump dislike him? It seems his one on one comments are where he makes his sarcastic comments - they haven't shown him doing that much directly to the other apprentice wannabe's. I hope he sticks around alot longer.

FORT Newbie

No way dude

I don't think Lenny has a chance of being the Apprentice any more than Brent did. This is a case of creative casting. In this PC world, I cannot see Lenny working with any woman successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54 View Post
    I really like Lenny too - I wonder what they're not showing us that makes Trump dislike him? It seems his one on one comments are where he makes his sarcastic comments - they haven't shown him doing that much directly to the other apprentice wannabe's. I hope he sticks around alot longer.
    Lenny's funny, and I think he's a great lone worker. He also functions on a team as the voice of "common sense," the naysayer, the "no" man.

But lead a team -- especially at Trump's level? No way.

That's not an insult to him. As a similar example, Tim Conway's a heckuva funny guy (pretty much a genius in humor), but he always needs someone to play off -- any show where he was expected to be the "lead" comic failed because his talent is based on playing off of someone else, NOT leading.

Same thing. Lenny's contributions involve reacting to the group leader with the flaws in the plan.

+ Reply to Thread