+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lenny - Season 5

People with an "it's not my problem" attitude are nothing but frustrating obstacles and energy wasters in the workplace.
    You have to remember, this IS a competition. Lenny was right - he'd been working his buns off, and miss chesty was running around "in charge" and accomplishing nothing. Did anyone explain to him that they needed a generator? Nope. Otherwise, he'd have gotten it.

I like Lenny also, but he will be fired. What I like about him (that he's not PC) is what will get him fired. There's no way he can be put in a subservient role representing the Trump name.
    I completely disagree with this. Lenny can be subservient... IF he has the right leader. The man was in the Russian Army, for god's sake. You think he doesn't know how to do as he's told? c'mon....

The trick is to find someone worthy of his respect. The Donald would be worthy. Frankly, I kind of agree with Lenny. If any of those silver-spoon babies pretending to be team leaders pulled their stuff with me, I'd tell 'em, "Not my problem," too - and let them fail, as they should.
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Dasanee View Post
    The trick is to find someone worthy of his respect. The Donald would be worthy. Frankly, I kind of agree with Lenny. If any of those silver-spoon babies pretending to be team leaders pulled their stuff with me, I'd tell 'em, "Not my problem," too - and let them fail, as they should.
    Well, the key is the respect part. Donald Trump might be worthy in this guy's eyes, but what about everyone else he will have to work with? Unless he's going to be locked away from all other human beings, Lenny needs to get his act together when it comes to dealing with others.

Mind you, I do find him refreshing and I think he's very smart and capable. He's not afraid to work, that's for sure. While I'm willing to reserve judgement on his interactive managerial skills until I see them, his peer coping skills are soft, at the very best. And, remember, these folks aren't being hired to be Donald Trump, but to work for him in some capacity that will likely involve peers, superiors (other than Donald himself) and subordinates.

I'm not saying he can't do that, but civility is necessary for success. That doesn't mean you can't be straight forward and even blunt. Without learning to control his manner of dealing with others, this guy is going to spend half his time in Sensitivity Training in order to make it in the corporate world.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

And, remember, these folks aren't being hired to be Donald Trump, but to work for him in some capacity that will likely involve peers, superiors (other than Donald himself) and subordinates.
    [mod removed - keep it about the contestants, please]

I stand by my statements. Lenny would do whatever it takes for DT, and that includes performing and behaving in any way DT required.

I'm not saying he can't do that, but civility is necessary for success.
    I've seen DT be quite rude, quite nasty, and even vile. No, civility is not necessary for success - at least not in DT's world.
    Last edited by John; 03-15-2006 at 10:38 AM.
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. -Helen Keller

We'll have to agree to disagree then. To his credit, I think Trump was trying to tell Lenny that he needs to get this aspect of his personality under control in the last boardroom. It's up to Lenny if he learns the lesson or not. My own experience with people like Lenny is that they take very little of the interpersonal skill set required seriously.

And, I'll also stand by my statements. We've never seen Donald be rude to anyone that actually works for him (these candidates aside, as they aren't hired yet). Donald can be curt, but rude? Not in my memory, at least.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

You have to remember, this IS a competition. Lenny was right - he'd been working his buns off, and miss chesty was running around "in charge" and accomplishing nothing. Did anyone explain to him that they needed a generator? Nope. Otherwise, he'd have gotten it.
    I am aware of the competition. From what we were shown, I know that Lenny was working but I don't know how hard, and I saw no evidence that she was "accomplishing nothing." Lenny did not respond by saying he had never heard about the need for a generator, but rather that he had already worked hard so it wasn't his problem.

I would have been more impressed if he had picked up his phone and solved the problem.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

An apprentice who is neither
    1. Cookie-cutter pretty/handsome (98 percent of them)
    Don't you think he is handsome, Dasanee?
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Newbie
    This guy would be annoying to work with, but is fun to watch on TV.
    Overall, I think this guy will have a lot of fans because of this show.

I think they made a great choice by casting him.

They didn't show him as much this time, except when he was making a gaffe. Maybe in Russia the superchefs don't mind if you try to put a finishing touch on their dish.

Lenny rocks. Keep things simple and you get your task accomplished. I love this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by buckmania View Post
    This guy would be annoying to work with, but is fun to watch on TV.
    Overall, I think this guy will have a lot of fans because of this show.

I think they made a great choice by casting him.
    Yeah, he's definitely one of the few interesting people of this season.

He's not the sort of guy who can lead Type A teams and negotiate mult-billion dollar agreements (i.e., he just won't win), but he'll stick around until his obstinance results in a major team loss.

Right now, Trump seems to look upon him with favor. (Tarek, on the other hand, has the short end of the stick.)

+ Reply to Thread