+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lenny - Season 5

FORT Newbie
    It's very refreshing to see someone like Lenny this season. He doesn't fit the mold of the corporate wannabe oozing and schmoozing with sugar-coated BS. Lenny doesn't beat around the bush and will tell it straight.

He can be too abrasive at times though. The preview for next week's car dealership retreat ep shows him snapping at someone to shut up. Plus the preview from before the season started had him arguing with someone in the boardroom with a "what do you think I'm stupid?" I think that's ominous. He'll go far, but probably won't reach the finish line.

I'd like to see Lenny and Alla reenact the big showdown in "The Taming of the Shrew".

I honestly don't know who I would put my money on if those two went head to head. I think I need to see more of Lenny in action.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

FORT Regular
    I love the soundbyte when Lenny is describing their concept for the GM event.

"..They get booze. They get comedian. ..Whores ..with the carriage."

This guy is so un-PC, but I love him. Talking about Teresa: Her brain is so small. I wish it were bigger than her breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    This guy is so un-PC, but I love him. Talking about Teresa: Her brain is so small. I wish it were bigger than her breasts.
    It might be un-PC but I loved it. I'm happy to see a man that is thinking with his brain. He wasn't so bowled over (so to speak ) that he didn't look at her objectively rather than just looking at her physically. Seeing people give someone an unfair pass just because they are pretty or have a "hot body" is more offensive to me than what Lenny said.

Finally! An apprentice who is neither
    1. Cookie-cutter pretty/handsome (98 percent of them)
    2. A complete screw-up (Danny)
    3. A psycho (well, there have been a few)

Lenny is real. He's freaking hilarious, he's smart, he's got a great sense of self. The man pulled himself up by the bootstraps and he's successful. He's also tough - I don't think any other contestant has faced what he has in his life. He makes the rest of them look like a bunch of privileged kids.

I love Lenny. I think the Donald likes him, too. And why not? Lenny is probably the candidate most like DT - Tough, not afraid of hard decisions, not afraid of hard work, and willing to do whatever it takes.

I hope Lenny WINS!
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. -Helen Keller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea..I like Lenny. Lets just hope he doesn't get so bullheaded about doing something, that it leads to him being fired.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Yea..I like Lenny. Lets just hope he doesn't get so bullheaded about doing something, that it leads to him being fired.
    I like Lenny also, but he will be fired. What I like about him (that he's not PC) is what will get him fired. There's no way he can be put in a subservient role representing the Trump name. That's too bad, but that's the way it is. I just hope he sticks around for a long time.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'll agree with that Missthing. Too bad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    He's my favorite too. I'd much rather work with someone like him (straightforward and direct) than someone who beats around the bush and can't make decisions. Lenny has a good head on his shoulders.
    Lenny's lack of PC makes for good TV, and I do appreciate people who are straightforward and direct, but I would not enjoying working with him from what I've seen. People with an "it's not my problem" attitude are nothing but frustrating obstacles and energy wasters in the workplace. I'd much rather work with natural problem solvers--people who look for ways to create solutions even when they don't create the problems.
    Last edited by rdpch; 03-15-2006 at 02:01 AM.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

+ Reply to Thread