+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lee - Season 5

Lee - Season 5

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY.

Lee, 22, graduated from Cornell University with a 4.0 GPA, where he received a B.S. in Policy Analysis and Management. While attending Cornell University, he won business plan writing and marketing competitions, and served as a teaching assistant for courses in Entrepreneurship and Management. He worked for Merrill Lynch, researching emerging markets, creating portfolios and compiling business plans for high net worth clients, including an investment banking deal with an estimated value in excess of $100 million. Previous experiences outside of corporate America include, working at a day treatment program for the mentally ill, volunteering at soup kitchens and teaching fourth grade children in an inner-city school. Lee draws his inspiration from his grandfather who emigrated to the U.S. penniless and uneducated, yet through hard work and determination was successful through investing in real estate. At age 22, Lee became an analyst for one of the largest business/consulting firms in the world. Today, Lee works with some of the biggest companies and government agencies in the country to devise business strategy and information technology systems. Lee currently resides in New York City.

Q&A:

What was your very first job?
    Like every natural entrepreneur I started young, shoveling snow at the age of 12.

Who convinced you to try out for The Apprentice and why?
    My parents convinced me to try out for the show because they are confident that I will win.

What did you quit/leave/sacrifice to join The Apprentice?
    I took a leave of absence from my job as an analyst, for one of the biggest business-consulting firms in the world.

Why do you want to work for Mr. Trump?
    Mr. Trump is the consummate businessman. I naturally want to learn from him so that I can further develop my own business skills. Working for Mr. Trump would be the opportunity of a lifetime to learn from the best.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice?
    If you want something strongly enough, you must persevere. With hard work and determination you will prevail.

What's your definition of success?
    Success means achieving your goals and being proud of your accomplishments, in particular achievements that help others. In the end, if you are happy with what you're doing then you are truly successful.

How would you describe your leadership style?
    I am a take-charge person who is hands on and gets down and dirty. I don't like to follow but I do take input from those around me. I feel it is important to promote team spirit, however, I strive to control my own destiny.

How do you deal with challenges within a group dynamic?
    I use a very direct approach, where I address the issues at hand and try to understand the perspectives of all parties while making my own opinion known. All the while mutual respect is important and should be promoted wherever possible.

How do you balance creativity and business?
    They go hand in hand. You can't truly be successful in business without using your creative spirit.

What is your philosophy on business?
    Business should be a means to further personal as well as corporate and community goals/priorities.

Your favorite (famous) quote?
    "The champ is here" (Muhammad Ali)

Why should you be the next Apprentice?
    I have what it takes - energy, determination, intelligence, creativity, integrity, and heart.

Horoscope Sign
    Taurus

Favorite Music/Artists
    John Mayer, Back Pages

Favorite Books/Authors
    Frankenstein, A Civil Action, Angels & Demons

Favorite TV Shows
    Seinfeld, 24, Entourage, Apprentice

Favorite Movies
    Road to Perdition, The Life of David Gale, Gladiator

Favorite Sports/Sports Teams
    Basketball (New York Knicks), Baseball (Yankees), Football (Jets)

Favorite Former Candidate of The Apprentice
    Troy, Andy, Amy

Current hobbies/recreational activities
    Basketball, Weight Lifting, Skiing

Top travel destinations
    Las Vegas, Israel, Miami

Highest Level of Education
    Cornell University

He won't win, he's only 22.

When I first set eyes on his picture my automatic response was Oh my Gosh, its Andy!
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

^ That's what I thought too!

This is like Andy all over again and also that one virgin guy from last season. Forgot his name.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    When I first set eyes on his picture my automatic response was Oh my Gosh, its Andy!
    He really does look like Andy...

How'd I miss that?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Whaaaaaaaaaat??????

Since you can't work until the age of 18, this kid is claiming that in 4 very short years.. he;

1. Graduated from Cornell University with a 4.0 GPA

2. Worked for Merrill Lynch

3. Worked at a day treatment program for the mentally ill

4. Volunteered at soup kitchens

5. Taught fourth grade children in an inner-city school

6. Became an analyst for one of the largest business/consulting firms in the world

7. Today, Lee works with some of the biggest companies and government agencies in the country to devise business strategy and information technology system

I'm just not believing all of this. I call bullshit.

Oh, and this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Favorite quote "The champ is here" (Muhammad Ali)
    is nauseating.

I don't like this kid...I'm not believing his history. OH, and how many times can he SAY something about working in the "biggest company in the worllldddddddd"???
    Last edited by Maveno; 02-22-2006 at 06:42 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    man, this guy makes me look like a loser. wow 22 and he did all that. i am 27 and still in jobs

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    it's time for one of these smug, precocious kids to get bounced early

He's got a Muppet mouth

Guy has cojones. I hope he's rewarded for standing up to that twit Tarek instead of punished for it. But this show sometimes punishes those who think for themselves.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast