+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lee - Season 5

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    That was the highlight of the night. The fact that Lee didn't back down from Tarmac's punk-threat. He propelled himself to the top of my fav list for that (certainly not for his salesmanship).

FORT Fogey
    I like this kid. Being only 22 he definitely knows that others AND Trump will treat him, well, differently and not taking him seriously.

But I like that he had guts last night to stand up and take the heat.

As to Maveno's post.

Yes, it's possible to achieve what Lee did at 22. Let's see:

-volunteering at the mental facility and soup kitchens, mentoring kids?

High school kid can and will do it. Remember he went to Cornell. Of course he wanted to have some impressive extracurriculum activities in his file.

- working for Meryll Linch? Paid internship as a Cornell student is quite possible.

-landing an impressive job after graduating? Again, he graduated from the Ivy League Cornell . It definitely opens some doors for you.

I also like this "kid." For someone so young, though, he is quite smart and a quick study. He does remind me of Andy, but he seems stronger for being spunkier, more practical. Andy seemed so idealistic that I think the emotionality of it sapped his energies and motivations to be the Apprentice. This guy Lee seems more down to earth and has a greater chance of succeeding in this contest, if that is what he really wants.

He reminds me of Andy.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I like this kid. Being only 22 he definitely knows that others AND Trump will treat him, well, differently and not taking him seriously.

But I like that he had guts last night to stand up and take the heat.

As to Maveno's post...
    Yeah, it might seem like a lot and thus unbelievable, but kids today are driven to excel and pack in an AWFUL lot in a short time (I don't necessarily think it's good, even if they're successful at first). I've met other people who have done a ton like that, and I'm just not sure if the stress and pressure is healthy.

In any case, the way that Lee handled being threatened by Tarek showed a real maturity for someone his age in his environment. Based on his behavior and attitude so far in the show, I would be very surprised if wholesale lying on his resume was something he'd indulge in. It simply would not fit with who he has shown himself to be so far.

(Some of the others, though, certainly. Tarek, for example, might be inclined to stretch the truth if he could do so in a way that seemed logical. Check out his justifications for why it was okay for him to "lie" to Lee and/or threaten him. The guy's a great rationalist. I knew Mensa people were SMART, but I didn't know they were so creative! lol)

---

in response to another post, yeah, Lee's a little wet behind the ears as Adam ("the virgin") from last season -- although Adam was a bit starry-eyed and naive, where I think Lee is a little more realistic. You can tell he's young and relatively inexperienced, because he hasn't learned to "hide" himself strategically, but because his motivations are more transparent, you can also see that his heart is basically good.

He's a good guy.
    Last edited by Fortunato; 03-01-2006 at 09:32 AM.

FORT Regular
    What's Tarek's answer to lying and threatening Lee? I'm compelled.
    Plus Tarek's resume is kinda weak, all he did was become an engineer and then a manager, mostly due from his smarts.

I also don't understand why you need to 'hide' yourself strategically, lighten me up, I'm young too and what I remember from last season is Rebecca speaking her own mind and Trump just falling in love with her. You're a leader when you go against the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFORTFan View Post
    What's Tarek's answer to lying and threatening Lee? I'm compelled.
    In the boardroom, I think he blamed Lee for his own lack of integrity -- saying that Lee turned on him and betrayed him and got "vindictive" (yes, he used that word), so that's why he broke his promise and brought him back in the room.

[For being so "smart," Tarek either has no accurate self-perception or is purposefully deceitful.]

Geez, it's the ghost of Clay... please, anything but that!

Tarek showed a complete lack of good judgement by bringing this guy into the boardroom. He knew Lee would sabotage him and that he favored Summer, he practically told him he would ahead of time. Stupid move on Tarek's part, especially if he couldn't defend himself adequately to Lee's allegations of his leadership. That being said, I really don't get any warm and fuzzies from Lee. He does nothing for me.

Yeah, same with me aname..no warm fuzzies here either.

Squatman, I TOTALLY agree with you about the muppet mouth! I can't stop thinking that everytime they show him!

I'm glad Lee stood his ground with Terek... but what cracked me up more, is now those three have to be in the suite together! HA! Talk about tensions boiling over.. I wish they'd show us more interaction in the suite, I bet it's pretty funny.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Yes, I bet it's pretty funny, too.

I'm kind of beginning to feel sorry for how everyone is going to be ganging up on Tarek now. I don't like a braggart, but I think Trump helped set him up. Anyway, if he tries tactics that are not based on integrity, then he is asking for it. But I don't like to see anyone mauled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast