+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bryce - Season 5

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    To me, this is different than the control-freak PMs who are consistently condescending (e.g., Andrea). I don't think it was indicative of Bryce's intentions, it was just his human weakness coming out.
    I absolutely agree with you that Bryce is a better leader, has more integrity, and deserved to remain in the game much, much longer than several present players. I will not, however, allow his fantastic job this week as PM of a losing team cloud over his obvious mistakes from this and past episodes.

Don't forget that:

--> He is the one who wanted to be stroked about 'saving Lenny's ass' in the Tahoe episode. THAT was a moment manufactured for dramatic effect alone, in my opinion.

--> He is the one who created the cereal banner and then loved it and then hated it. A good idea that is supported will always triumph over a great idea that is over-analyzed.

--> He is the leader who not only failed to ensure his team met with the Arbys execs on time, but then failed miserably to take responsibility for it in the meeting room and later in the board room. THAT was the reason they lost that task -- it is my opinion that they would not be able to impress the 'judges' after that, no matter what they did.

--> He is the vile self-righteous loser who let his true personality show on national TV during the cab ride. His emotions allowed him to remove the vail that his past management training and socialization allowed him to construct. He seems to be a better guy with the vail intact.

I do think that he had a refreshing blast of integrity during this episode, and he did very well managing the personalities. He was a quality competitor. I would have liked for him to have some more opportunities to perform and possibly change my opinions of him. Trump apparently had enough and Bryce's own actions left him little choice -- there was no one else to fire in that board room, and then the guy started to argue with him? Buh-bye...

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    I absolutely agree with you that Bryce is a better leader, has more integrity, and deserved to remain in the game much, much longer than several present players. I will not, however, allow his fantastic job this week as PM of a losing team cloud over his obvious mistakes from this and past episodes.

Don't forget that:

(List of big no-no's)
    I totally agree with you. All those points are exactly the reasons Bryce would never have won the Apprentice. (I'm still unsure of how much was edited out in the cab ride, but the other mistakes Bryce was guilty of were obvious and loud and the same reasons I would have fired him for.)

If he was a little more stable and less volatile (heh, Bryce's magic word!), he'd be much improved.

CEO
    I totally agree with you. All those points are exactly the reasons Bryce would never have won the Apprentice.
    You and I agree too much. There must be something wrong with my computer...

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    You and I agree too much. There must be something wrong with my computer...
    Oh no -- I'm logging in as my split-personality again, aren't I?

(And the doctor swore I was cured!)

---

BTW: Just got back from Yahoo "Taxi Cab" confession by Bryce. You should listen to it. The editors took EVERYTHING out of context. The only venom at all in the 90 seconds that Bryce talked was in the last two lines that they "conveniently" aired on the television. (I think they even edited out the space between the two comments on TV, so it sounds like rapid-fire "heated" delivery.)

Bryce spends the first 80+ seconds talking very maturely about what happened, and he's pretty gracious to everyone concerned; and when you listen to the whole thing in one shot, even the last two lines lose a lot of their sting.

That's just pathetic.

I was sorry to see Bryce go. Lee should have been fired for contributing the least to the task... he didn't pray hard enough for the team and that's the reason why they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady View Post
    I was sorry to see Bryce go. Lee should have been fired for contributing the least to the task... he didn't pray hard enough for the team and that's the reason why they lost.
    Owie! Heck, then maybe Lenny should have spared a few moments (since he wasn't busy) and gotten on his knees...

Heh, now that would be a hoot:
    Trump: What did Lenny contribute to this task? I can't see him as doing anything.

Bryce: Prayer, Mr. Trump. He was on his knees, praying, the whole time.

Trump: I guess he should have prayed harder.
    --

just a general note: I listened to the unedited clips from the show. Based on the stuff we didn't see, Bryce did an excellent job leading the team -- he made decisions quickly but remained low-key throughout the process.

(Sean actually had more complaints about his management style, because he was such a perfectionist he would overwork things and worry.)

And in the boardroom, Bryce was pretty mature, even when he was arguing with Trump. The stuff that got cut only supported that.

It seems that two things killed him: (1) Showing up 25 minutes late for the meeting and (2) he refused to indict anyone else, so essentially he told Trump, "Me! Fire me!"

Oh, yeah, and the thing about bringing Lee into the room... Trump really hated that.

Funny, though, how someone so unimpressive can rise to the occassion so unexpectedly.

CEO
    Oh no -- I'm logging in as my split-personality again, aren't I?

(And the doctor swore I was cured!)

---

BTW: Just got back from Yahoo "Taxi Cab" confession by Bryce. You should listen to it. The editors took EVERYTHING out of context. The only venom at all in the 90 seconds that Bryce talked was in the last two lines that they "conveniently" aired on the television. (I think they even edited out the space between the two comments on TV, so it sounds like rapid-fire "heated" delivery.)

Bryce spends the first 80+ seconds talking very maturely about what happened, and he's pretty gracious to everyone concerned; and when you listen to the whole thing in one shot, even the last two lines lose a lot of their sting.

That's just pathetic.
    You're right. Bryce is okay in my book.

FORT Regular
    I think Trump fired the wrong person. Bryce was a good leader who was able to bring his team together and really appreciated the efforts of his team members.

Trump did not listen and kept insisting that Bryce wanted Lee fired when Bryce said he did not. i don't think it makes sense for someone to get fired because they tried but failed - when other people who did not try at all are spared.

I think lenny should have been fired.

I have the episode on tape, but saw his comments in the limo at the end. I will watch it tonight. However, I have observed Bryce' performance and how he relates to his team mates in previous episodes so I am not surprised he got fired. Regardless of how well he can manage people, he has some negative personality issues.

He has one very unfortunate trait that would have precluded him from being the apprentice and will negatively his career in any field - he is a hot head. He must learn to control his temper and get his ego under control or he will ultimately fail. My advice to Bryce - GROW-UP!

Honestly sometimes I cant stand to watch the show still becasue its just about 18 people sucking up to trump to try and get a good job and lately some of these people are millionaires and I dont even see why their on the show. Trump fired the wrong person. The reason he fired him is because he wouldnt suck up to him like everyone else. He is probaly one of my favorite conidates in the Apprentice history

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast