+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brent - Season 5

Brent - Season 5

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Brent, 30, was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. After graduating from York University in Toronto, Brent moved to Florida, where he attended law school at Nova Southeastern University. A Florida bar member, Brent currently juggles two jobs, working as an attorney for an insurance defense firm and handling real estate closings. A year and a half ago, Brent married his college sweetheart, Stephanie, and obtained his green card.

Q&A:

What was your very first job?
    Camp Counselor.

Who convinced you to try out for The Apprentice and why?
    I convinced myself to try out for The Apprentice because I watched previous seasons and felt I could do those tasks better than past candidates. My wife is behind me 100% in my quest to become the next Apprentice. I am a people person. People love dealing with me and I love dealing with people. I would love to have a luxurious lifestyle making $250,000 a year. This will allow my wife and I to enjoy all that life has to offer.

What did you quit/leave/sacrifice to join The Apprentice?
    I left my job as an attorney at my insurance defense firm and real estate firm to join The Apprentice.

Why do you want to work for Mr. Trump?
    I want to work for Mr. Trump because he is offering the job of a lifetime, the chance to run one of his companies. I love to be in control, not that I cannot take instructions from others but I love to be in control. When I run one of Mr. Trump's companies I will be the boss, in other words I will be in control.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice? Have any previous candidates motivated or inspired you?
    I have learned that it is important to have a strategy in order to become the next Apprentice. Do not offer to be project manager for a task that you are not familiar with. Take charge and be project manager when you have knowledge of the task at hand and you are confident that you can lead your team to victory. If there is any candidate that has motivated or inspired me it would have to be Raj. The reason for this is Raj was comfortable with his personality and was himself throughout the interview process. My personality is different from Raj, in fact it is unique and no past candidate possesses my characteristics. Having said that, Raj has inspired me to be myself throughout the interview process.

What's your definition of success?
    My definition of success includes a good education, which includes post-secondary education. Money is also part of success. Money determines whether you live in a big house or a one bedroom apartment. Money determines whether you drive a fancy new car or a 12-year-old car that leaks oil. I have a bachelors degree and a law degree and I became an attorney. I want to become the next Apprentice to complete the second part of my definition of success, which is too have lots and lots of money!

How would you describe your leadership style?
    I love to be in control and right from the start I assign people tasks to do. I take part in tasks and I do not sit on the sidelines. If a problem arises I deal with it immediately. It is similar to the memory of a successful baseball closer. I deal with the problem and then forget it ever happened and focus on the task at hand. That is how you win baseball games and that is how you win the task at hand. If it means pulling an "all-nighter" to finish the task and I have had my share of "all-nighters," then that is what I will do to be victorious.

How do you deal with challenges within a group dynamic?
    I am a positive person with a positive attitude. Certainly there can be challenges within a group, not everyone may agree on a particular idea, or one candidate may get on another candidate's nerves. I will try to be the peacemaker. I will try to get the group to come to a consensus on a particular idea. I will try to get the candidates to work out their problems by reminding them, we are here for one reason and one reason only, to win the task at hand. If we lose the task we all lose.

How do you balance creativity and business?
    When a creative idea pops into my head I present it to my supervisor or the judge and await a response. Sometimes my ideas are accepted and sometimes they are not. There are times I will be persistent and try not to take no for an answer and other times I know when to throw in the towel.

What is your philosophy on business?
    My philosophy on business is quite simple: You must have excellent customer service to have a successful business. I cannot tell you how many times I have had poor customer service and argued with supervisor after supervisor until I was satisfied that I was treated properly. I believe good customer service translates into repeat business from the same customer as well as other customers through word of mouth.

Your favorite (famous) quote?
    "So it shall be written so it shall be done." This famous quote is from the movie, The Ten Commandments.

Why should you be the next Apprentice?
    I am that unique Canadian Permanent Resident of the United States who should be the next Apprentice because there is no other candidate who has as much energy as I have. I have the litigation and improvisation skills that are necessary to be successful in Mr. Trump's boardroom and run one of his companies. Sometimes situations arise that one does not expect and one has to be able to think on their feet to deal with the situation at hand. I am the only candidate that created their own diet and lost 110 pounds. This shows my creativity which will be utilized throughout the interview process and when I become the next Apprentice. I am a person who sets goals and follows them through. When I wanted to go to law school in the United States, I went to work, saved up money and I did attend law school in the United States. I am going to give this interview process 110% effort through my own actions and I will be there for my team when the going gets tough.

Horoscope Sign
    Aquarius

Favorite Books/Authors
    Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Favorite TV Shows
    The Apprentice, Seinfeld, Leave it to Beaver, The Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, and Sesame Street

Favorite Movies
    Planes Trains and Automobiles, Vacation, European Vacation, Christmas Vacation, Vegas Vacation, Parenthood, Midnight Run, Cape Fear, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, American Pie, Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street Series

Favorite Sports/Sports Teams
    Toronto Blue Jays and Florida Marlins

Favorite Website
    Yahoo email, the one line news clips to get the highlights of the day in three seconds

Favorite former candidate of The Apprentice
    Raj

Current hobbies/recreational activities
    I love to play golf, baseball, tennis, bowling: dancing on the lane when they dim the lights, and swim.

Top travel destinations
    Toronto and Hawaii

Highest Level of Education
    Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center where I earned my JD, Law School Degree

Canadian-raised, eh?

I guess I have to like him, but I just can't see him winning.

Yeah, but some of his choices just scream "Dweeb!" (Although Green Eggs & Ham is one of my favorite books too.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I know I'm gonna sound stupid, but does an insurance defense firm defend insurance companies? If that is the case, then there is just no way I could like guy. It's bad enough that he loves Leave it to Beaver, and ALL of the Vacation movies.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

FORT Fogey
    Oh boy... I don't see this guy lasting very long. He's an Aquarius and Aquarians are flakes. ;-)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Question and Answer with This Nut

Why do you want to work for Mr. Trump?

I want to work for Mr. Trump because he is offering the job of a lifetime, the chance to run one of his companies. I love to be in control, not that I cannot take instructions from others but I love to be in control. When I run one of Mr. Trump's companies I will be the boss, in other words I will be in control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Question and Answer with This Nut

How would you describe your leadership style?

I love to be in control. . . .
    What a jerk.

I predict “Mr. Control Freak” won’t last long at all. I certainly hope not.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    "I would love to have a luxurious lifestyle making $250,000 a year. This will allow my wife and I to enjoy all that life has to offer."
    BAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Ohhh, okAY!
    Yea.."luxurious lifestyle" and "it'll allow him and his wife to enjoy all that life has to offer". Dream on Brent.

Also, what makes Trump's job offer... "the job of a lifetime"?? He acts like he KNOWS already that the job is exactly what he'd enjoy doing. Umm..he might want to talk to Kelly and Bill about that.

Oh, and yeah..what's with all the LOVE for the Vacation movies??

This guy ain't gonna cut it. He'll freak out because someone won't be a "team player"...that'll be his first downward spiral to "firedom".

Also, he'll never be able to feel comfortable with any tasks cuz nobody will let him be the "leader".

Good catch Pom!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 02-22-2006 at 06:07 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Interesting choices for his favourites. Does he want to be Donald Trump when he grows up?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I predict that Brent will end up becoming another "Bradford".

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    said a lot of constructive things

obviously into comedy and it will be interesting to see it he actually has a sense of humor and can utilize it.

glad I read past his mugshot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast