+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brent - Season 5

"Eating music." Ha ha ha. Cracks me up.

I hope somebody can help poor Brent. I hate to see someone suffer like this. It's so frickin' sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crede View Post
    I hope somebody can help poor Brent. I hate to see someone suffer like this. It's so frickin' sad.
    People like Brent will never admit to needing help.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

That's the unfortunate thing, that a lot of us can't admit needing help. Too proud, too chicken to face the truth. He needs a family member or someone that cares and can handle a potential argument to talk some sense into him.

That's the unfortunate thing, that a lot of us can't admit needing help. Too proud, too chicken to face the truth. He needs a family member or someone that cares and can handle a potential argument to talk some sense into him.
    He's been married for two years, and seems to love his wife a lot. I really hope she's the type who can love him in a way that can bring positive change, rather than the type who simply encourages his eccentricities.

(And who knows? If he becomes a dad, that's usually something that shakes someone's world over time. You get a MUCH broader perspective about people and life, whether you like it or not...)

A good wife can handle a good argument with you.

A good wife can handle a good argument with you.
    Good marriages can handle some big arguments without either person reconsidering their vows.

Because Brent hasn't yet learned moderation and how to backpedal after two years and at age 30, I'd be concerned that his wife is much more of a "yes" person and not big on the confrontation end of things.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    This show is more about sororities and fraternities and arranging alliances than it is about real business skills. Brent looks different, comes from a different background.

He was marginalized without really having a chance. Being a type-A fighter rather than a moper, he did the only thing he could - he fought. Ultimately, he was a silly choice for this show, but that's because of the rest of the casting.

While he doesn't possess even the business skills of a dessicated gnat carcass, I'm sure his wife treats him with more respect than the fratboys and the sorority chicks. I'm guessing that he enjoys a good argument, being a lawyer, and his wife is anything but a mousy quiet type and they probably have a good, balanced relationship.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Being a type-A fighter rather than a moper, he did the only thing he could - he fought.
    Brent is not type A. Type A guys don't fight when they don't get into a club, they start their own club that everyone else wishes they would have joined instead. MOST of Brent's problem is that he WANTS to be a type A, just like the people who picked on him his whole life; but now he is the big pimpin' lawyer and people still don't magically do what he says. It causes him grief and affects his interpersonal relationships in ways that we all saw on TV.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    ...his wife is anything but a mousy quiet type and they probably have a good, balanced relationship.
    She is a lawyer too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast