+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brent - Season 5

Brent was in the right in most ways this past episode. Yes, he's annoying. But HE was the one rudely interrupted. HE was the one who's words and actions in the hallway were twisted by that nutbag Stacy. HE had a valid idea (walking around with shaving cream on) which while perhaps not practical was at least creative. HE wasn't the one who wasted all that time--STACY was with her whining and putting him down (the others just seemed to believe her and not question why she railed on it for so long).

Best yet, knowing the whole team was against him, he seemed to work very hard on the street, when he could have just as easily thrown up his arms wit the attitude that they were going to go after him no matter what.

Annoying? So what. He's not a Markus. I didn't admire even a single thing Markus did, and that's not true with Brent.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I gotta agree it's not fair to equate Brent to Markus.

In TA4, most of the time Markus just rode on the backs of others on his team. Aside from the first episode when he won as PM (where he might have put out just a wee bit), the rest of the season Markus contributed very little to the victories, and on the losses he was full of non-constructive criticism.

Brent on the other hand was willing to make a spectacle of himself to benefit the team while on the street trying to get text messages. You won't ever see Markus do that.

Stacy got too personal. She should have kept her hate under control and focused on winning the task, rather than let it boil over into a schoolyard spat.

Pepe didn't know the first thing about being an effective leader, which is dealing with conflicts. He should have taken BOTH Stacy and Brent aside and told them to either work out their spat between themselves, or put it aside for the duration of the task, or both of them are going to be marginalized for distracting the team. Instead, he showed favoritism towards Stacy and did nothing to prevent the whole team from piling on the Brent-hate wagon all day, at the expense of their project. Then he slept in late and ate a leisurely breakfast while the other team was hauling ass. Obviously Pepe didn't know the other cardinal rule of being a manager: You snooze, you lose.

Glad Pepe LePew and Stinky Stacy are gone. Synergy will be stronger for it.

LOL @ Pepe Lapew!

I am kind of disappointed in Brent as a fellow Canadian. I expected our representation to be better than that.

FORT Regular
    Brent should learn that eating is strictly forbitten during The Apprentice.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Holy clogged arteries Bagelman!!! The amount of butter that man was slathering on his bagel was enough to kill! Not to mention that he had to have TWO full bagels.. oy vay.

Last night..it looked like he reserved himself to always being shoved into the corner and ignored. I think that's why he was just sitting there......eating.

Once AGAIN, he says something about offering "massages". What gives? Stop the massage ideas already.

The previews for next week make it look like her nearly murders someone.
    BIG BIG BIG

Drama hype. He'll probably just stand up for himself again.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Favorite TV Shows
    The Apprentice, Seinfeld, Leave it to Beaver, The Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, and Sesame Street

Favorite Movies
    Planes Trains and Automobiles, Vacation, European Vacation, Christmas Vacation, Vegas Vacation, Parenthood, Midnight Run, Cape Fear, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, American Pie, Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street Series
    This guy's favorite TV shows are cartoons and Sesame Street and his favorite movies involve either Chevy Chase, Jim Carrey or horror. Maybe he just dreams of being Big Bird on the road with a bloody knife in his hand.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Welp, that settles that...

After seeing the preview for Episode #4, my sympathy for Brent became sharkbait.

The guy's simply out of control. Yes, the scene itself was edited for maximum drama, but the attitudes expressed and how he copes with stress are pretty standard fare.

He can't handle any sort of criticism, even small ones, and reacts ballistically, in a very demeaning and thoughtless fashion his own teammates. His responses were entirely inappropriate to the situation.

It was rather funny he was saying that Andrea doesn't know how to shut her mouth; she seems much more precise with her words, while he's the one who talks like Jackson Pollock paints.

Wonder how far he'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    After seeing the preview for Episode #4, my sympathy for Brent became sharkbait.

The guy's simply out of control. Yes, the scene itself was edited for maximum drama, but the attitudes expressed and how he copes with stress are pretty standard fare.

He can't handle any sort of criticism, even small ones, and reacts ballistically, in a very demeaning and thoughtless fashion his own teammates. His responses were entirely inappropriate to the situation.

It was rather funny he was saying that Andrea doesn't know how to shut her mouth; she seems much more precise with her words, while he's the one who talks like Jackson Pollock paints.

Wonder how far he'll get.

I felt so badly for Brent last night. No one wanted to hear a word he said. They just wanted him gone. I feel for the guy, he never had a chance.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda View Post
    I felt so badly for Brent last night. No one wanted to hear a word he said. They just wanted him gone. I feel for the guy, he never had a chance.
    He had a chance. He had an 18 in a million chance. And his inability to use his other creative talents like dance and robotics to earn the respect of every other candidate made his stay short. I don't care what business you are in, you have to be able to get along. Other people don't meet up and decide right away to pick on one person; that person has to be able to get along.

Brent had all the chance in the world but until he gets over being the kid picked last in gym class, he will never reach anyting close to his potential.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    He had a chance. He had an 18 in a million chance. And his inability to use his other creative talents like dance and robotics to earn the respect of every other candidate made his stay short. I don't care what business you are in, you have to be able to get along. Other people don't meet up and decide right away to pick on one person; that person has to be able to get along.

Brent had all the chance in the world but until he gets over being the kid picked last in gym class, he will never reach anyting close to his potential.
    I totally do not agree. These people readily afforded other people respect that they did not extend to him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast