+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brent - Season 5

The Trumpster was on Regis this morning and they showed a clip of this guy. Seriously annoying.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I am a people person. People love dealing with me...

I don't think so!

snarky scenester
    Everything about this guy's dossier just screams "for television purposes only". Every season has its flake. We hate these flakes, we know they're never going to win, but they were selected simply because they make good TV. It's a time-honoured technique for television producers to show characters in such a light as to prompt us, the lovable home viewer, to hurl insults at the TV and then congratulate ourselves for being smarter than them......and they are MBA grads with successful careers! (supposedly)

Season one had two (Sam and Omarosa), and one of them went deep into the game, which was probably why that season is the most cherished. From Danny, to Marcus, to Brian, these are nothing more than vehicles to massage the self-esteem of Mr. and Mrs. Armchair America.

It's pandering, and I hate it.

FORT Newbie
    here's a link to an article in the Toronto Sun
    http://www.torontosun.com/News/Toron...67688-sun.html
    Last edited by suncat7; 03-03-2006 at 07:28 PM. Reason: editing out fansite

Horrible personality - loud and obnoxious. Can't stand him. Hope he gets fired - SOON! Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkur View Post
    Everything about this guy's dossier just screams "for television purposes only". Every season has its flake. We hate these flakes, we know they're never going to win, but they were selected simply because they make good TV.... It's pandering, and I hate it.
    Yeah. Sometimes I feel like they're being taken advantage of, used as the public butt of jokes, when they're either too blind to see it or too desperate to care.

I mean, Brent has been given his own little "Markus Music" theme already by the editors. He's portrayed as little more than the local doofus -- the Season #5 comic relief.

Which is too bad. I think he DOES have lots of ideas. Some are good and some are bad. He's not Apprentice material, not even close, but he could be a profitable resource for a canny project manager and shouldn't be marginalized.

Maybe that's part of it as well. Brent might be a "test" of the other candidates; if they can manage him successfully and utilize him fully, that says a great deal about their abilities. So I guess in a sense he's more of a "ringer" meant to weed out strong contenders from weak ones.

I thought Brent was annoying but I felt sorry for him this episode. He made a fool of himself dancing in the street in his bathrobe - I don't think this was a good idea but at least he tried hard unlike his teammates.

He's most likely the next to be fired from his team.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Personally, I think that without him acting a fool in the bathrobe, his team wouldn't have gotten the 400+ votes that they got. They were dong bupkus to bring in votes.

I'm not a big fanof this guy's, but he does deserve that credit. Like most, I don't anticipate him being around long.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree prhoshay, I don't think they would have as many call ins if it weren't for him doing his crazy-man dances.
    The rest of the team mulled about with their defeatist faces on.

He isn't my favorite either, but I do think that he deserves some credit for doing what he did..even if it was wierd.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Brent reminds me of the guy that everybody agrees to hate on the first day of school....and all he wants to do is be a part of the group like everybody else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast