+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice: Oprah??

The Apprentice: Oprah??

There is some rumors and speculation to a possible Apprentice featuring Oprah. She is very busy however, and she said something to the effect of if she can do a full season in a few weeks/a month's time, she'll be up for it.. And the Donald has made sure to mention the season would not run at the same time as his show again.

Along with speculation of the show spurs other topics.. What will be the "line"? What horrible 80's music will they use for the theme song? And if she has such a short time span to film, how many models/actors would be executives will be featured? Who will be her goons who watch these people? Maybe infamous friend Gayle King?
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    There is some rumors and speculation to a possible Apprentice featuring Oprah. She is very busy however, and she said something to the effect of if she can do a full season in a few weeks/a month's time, she'll be up for it.. And the Donald has made sure to mention the season would not run at the same time as his show again.
    And it doesn't even matter whether the show is "real" -- as long as the story it tells is a good one.

(ouch)

Realistically, I think Oprah's persona is too "positive" to make for a good competitive Apprentice-style show. True, she's got a following that will watch anything she's involved with, but that's about the only benefit of having her do one...

It's why Martha's Apprentice didn't work either.

You want to have a bunch of people who compete cutthroat on a task and then have an indifferent but harsh boom fall on the most deficient one at the end, until only the winner remains. That's the drama. (It's like sports; play as hard as you can, the winner moves on and the loser disappears without anything to cushion the blow.)

Oprah's style is different from that; she's a people affirmer.

There won't be any other Apprentice versions until, at the very least, Donald goes off the air and declines to do anymore. And even then? Likely not, since NBC will just work on creating another reality franchise (admittedly it's been tough for them, but if TA ratings keep dropping, they won't have a choice anyway).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    It will end me watching Apprentice. Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim View Post
    There is some rumors and speculation to a possible Apprentice featuring Oprah.
    She would be the most qualified to have a show of this nature: Both Trump and Stewart have had MAJOR screwups, including BANKRUPTCY, JAIL, ETC. I'd love to see an Oprah Apprentice but I feel like that type of thing may be beneath her.

Just what we need, Oprahfied Trump.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

You're kidding, right? After Dr Phil's disaster (arrhh what an idiot he is!)... I don't think so. She should stick with what she does best: talk shows.

snarky scenester
    Oprah is a hypocrite.

It's really a no-win situation for Oprah to try. She isn't going to gain any increased viewership to her regular show. Her minions are already loyal to her, and the rest of us, who can actually run our own lives, don't need her.

Since it wouldn't help her regular show (could possibly put her in a bad light and hurt her show) she would have to be paid a crazy amount that the network isn't going to shell out.

Remember, this show makes "The Donald" a ton of money because it has actually caused his real estate to go up in value significantly, increases the amount of books he sells, gives him more exposure to potential business partners whose money he can spend, increases his brand image, and increases the amount of money he can demand for speaking engagements (such as at the Wealth Annex). I don't see this show helping Oprah in any of those ways.

FORT Fogey
    oh not oprah- she is known to be the sweet caring woman and with being the apprentice thing she has to be tough, therefore altering her image.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast