+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Long Does it Take to Tape a Season?

How Long Does it Take to Tape a Season?

Anyone know the answer to this -- how much time the candidates actually spend taping what takes us 13-15 weeks to view? Do they spend 13-15 weeks as well, or is the time compressed into a month or something?

I know the show is usually taped a few months before it airs -- usually before the finale of the past season occurs.

I'm curious as to how quick these tasks have to be accomplished and how much time the candidates actually have to sleep and rest. (Not to mention how much time the first guy out spends going stir-crazy sitting over in the Ponderosa!)

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    However long it is, it's not long enough. They need to give them more time so they can have more realistic challenges.

I'm sick to death of the "Oh my god we'll never make the deadline!" storyline that plays out in every episode because they're forced to do a one-month job in three days.

Contestants have mentioned the production filming lasting 13 to 15 weeks for the entire season. Season 5 was filmed while Season 4 was being aired. The past seasons starting with The Apprentice 2 were filmed prior to the live hiring of The Apprentice for the season on the air.
    Last edited by suncat7; 12-30-2005 at 11:17 PM.

Randal mentioned some timelines during his Microsoft Live interview. He said that he was about 13 weeks into the filming when he saw his wife during the yacht ride. He also said that they had about 48 hours to complete the XM Satellite Radio challenge. He expressed regret about not doing a better job of defending himself during that boardroom when such a big deal was made out of a typographical error on his introduction poster.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady View Post
    Randal mentioned some timelines during his Microsoft Live interview. He said that he was about 13 weeks into the filming when he saw his wife during the yacht ride. He also said that they had about 48 hours to complete the XM Satellite Radio challenge. He expressed regret about not doing a better job of defending himself during that boardroom when such a big deal was made out of a typographical error on his introduction poster.
    Yeah, that was what got me a little confused. I had thought they were filming at an accelerated rate compared to the show's TV schedule (i.e., week by week), but Rebecca and Randal had indirectly addressed the issue by referring to the "last 13 weeks" or something when they were talking to each other in the last episode or so.

Ouch. I can't imagine what it would be like to be sequestered for three or four months in Camp Crazy, especially if you're one of the first people out. (And no wonder weird things happen, or people get rather "attached" to each other... cough... Wow, do you mean Chris was all by himself for four weeks with Melissa, Jenn W, Toral, and Kristi? What a dude...! )
    Last edited by suncat7; 12-30-2005 at 11:17 PM.

I don't think that they actually tape it over 13 weeks. I watched Donald Trump on Big Idea with Donnie Deutch right before the season 4 finale. He mentioned how long the actually tape for, but I can't remember the number that he said. I just know it was less than 13 weeks because I remember being really surprised that they taped the whole season that quickly. Sorry I can't recall how long he said it took. Did anyone else catch the episode that remembers what Trump said?

Randal indicated during a chat on another website that the filming for season 4 was for six back to back and very exhausting weeks.

Definately not 13 weeks, because Rebecca's cast was supposed to be on for 5 to 6 weeks.

Ik would guess 6 weeks.

I guess 2-3 days to finish task.

1 day to savor reward and go to boardroom.

That's like 2 tasks in 1 week.

The show is sometimes voiced over. Donald Trump kept saying the candidates are in a 13 week job interview in season 4. If he really kept saying that, is it any surprising there were mega-firings?

In season 3, the episode after the Papa John Pizza task, they had the Donald voice over a scene chastising the candidates that the market wants cheeseburger pizzas.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    Anyone know the answer to this -- how much time the candidates actually spend taping what takes us 13-15 weeks to view? Do they spend 13-15 weeks as well, or is the time compressed into a month or something?
    I believe that Season 4, for example, actually took approximately 6 weeks to tape.

+ Reply to Thread