+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice gets knocked out of its primo timeslot by Earl's Karma

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar

The Apprentice gets knocked out of its primo timeslot by Earl's Karma

NBC bumped "The Apprentice" out of its prime Thursday night timeslot in favor of two hit freshman comedies, "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

TA and "Joey" will be back after the Winter Olympics, but it's not clear where they'll fit in on NBC's new programming schedule.

"Earl" is a critically acclaimed, top-rated series. Not a good sign for The Donald.

source: http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail...smid-seas.html

This is actually the second season of "The Office". I'm so glad that show is doing well, I thought it would be canceled for sure after the first season.

The move is permanent. NBC recently announced a reshuffling of its schedule. TA has been moved to Monday nights after its weak showing last season. "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" will keep its old Thursday night time slot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/23/bu...erland&emc=rss

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jogi View Post
    This is actually the second season of "The Office". I'm so glad that show is doing well, I thought it would be canceled for sure after the first season.
    I know what you mean... I thought that The Office was too good to be on the air! But luckily NBC has wisely signed on for a 3rd season!

I'll probably watch another season of The Apprentice, but I hope this next season has a little bit less of the corporate sponsorship and more realistic tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy View Post
    I know what you mean... I thought that The Office was too good to be on the air! But luckily NBC has wisely signed on for a 3rd season!
    Even if it sinks in the ratings, I think the Office will be safe. It's currently NBC's most popular iPod download.

"The Apprentice" moving to Monday nights, right before "Medium"

Anyone else see the pretty funny commercial they ran during tonight's Olympics, where Donald Trump wakes Medium's "Alison" out of her sleep to inform her that his show will now be on before her so NBC can go "from yoooge to Medium" (his exact words)?

It's basically the opening shot from the very first episode of Medium edited with Trump taking the place of the ghost who wakes her in that episode.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Has anyone seen the promo for the Monday night move? It looks like a preview for Medium but its really Donald Trump calling Allison. At the end he says, "We can go from UUUGE to Medium." It cracks me up. Donald Trump cracks me up.

Does anyone know what time slot yet? No way I'm giving up 24 for The Donald. Instead of taping The Apprentice, I might use the time conflict as a way to wean myself off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Does anyone know what time slot yet? No way I'm giving up 24 for The Donald. Instead of taping The Apprentice, I might use the time conflict as a way to wean myself off.
    It will be Monday night at 9:00, in place of Las Vegas which moves to Friday night. So yes, it will be opposite "24". It starts Feb. 27.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    NBC bumped "The Apprentice" out of its prime Thursday night timeslot in favor of two hit freshman comedies, "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office."

TA and "Joey" will be back after the Winter Olympics, but it's not clear where they'll fit in on NBC's new programming schedule.

"Earl" is a critically acclaimed, top-rated series. Not a good sign for The Donald.

source: http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail...smid-seas.html
    I wonder if this might also have something to do with American Idol? No show seems to be able to compete these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast