+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca

FORT Regular
    I think Rebecca might make the final six, but I don't think she'll make the final four. I thnk the women will end up being Alla and Marshawn.
    Out of the remaining women, I like Rebecca the most. Marshawn seemed impeccable, and Alla seemed quite capable. However, neither of them seemed to have any warmth. Maybe we just haven't seem enough of them to see that warmth coming through yet. But Rebecca seemed to have a sweet warmth about her that could make employees *want* to work for her (Yes, she could be strong-headed. But she is not mean and she is not cold). Look at Carolyn. She is smart and tough, but you can also sense a soft warmth and tenderness in her, especially when she smiles. I work for a woman who is super smart but also has a inner warmth. A great boss. I just can't picture myself working for someone who is aloof.
    Last edited by jenjen123; 10-29-2005 at 03:48 AM.

The Donald seems to respect her opinion as we are shown him questioning Rebecca time after time. He asks others too, but seems to consistantly ask for her opinion. Maybe after she so staunchly stuck up for Toral he has a high regard that she will be honest and forthright about her opinions, even if they are not the most popular.

Even though I am a fan of Rebecca's, I'm also a realistic person. So far, I see that Randal is the strongest candidate so unless Rebecca can really step up her game A LOT, I just can't see her winning. Nevertheless, I like rooting for the underdog and that is why I'm rooting for Rebecca.

I see Rebecca in the F4, along with Marshawn, Randal, and a candidate to be named later [I originally would have thought Josh, until he got tossed by Trump the ump [all puns intended ] I would really love it if Markus [ ] made it to the F4, but it'll never happen.

It's possible that Rebecca doesn't have good intuition. First she swore up and down that Toral was all that, all the way up until Toral was undeniably a train-wreck. THEN, Rebecca completely misjudges Randall's idea and his ability to pull it off. (It was a winner, but Rebecca thought they were screwed because it was bland.)

I was a Rebecca fan because I loved her demeanor and confidence in the boardroom. However, she's done NOTHING to keep me admiring her skills. (Or at least the footage hasn't shown her doing anything.) All we've seen is that she is completely unable to correctly evaluate/assess an idea/project/person. Move over, Rebecca, make way for somebody more in tune.

I think Trump is keeping Rebecca around for her appearance. Not just her beauty, but the whole appearance she brings. Don't know why else.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    It's possible that Rebecca doesn't have good intuition. First she swore up and down that Toral was all that, all the way up until Toral was undeniably a train-wreck. THEN, Rebecca completely misjudges Randall's idea and his ability to pull it off. (It was a winner, but Rebecca thought they were screwed because it was bland.)

I was a Rebecca fan because I loved her demeanor and confidence in the boardroom. However, she's done NOTHING to keep me admiring her skills. (Or at least the footage hasn't shown her doing anything.) All we've seen is that she is completely unable to correctly evaluate/assess an idea/project/person. Move over, Rebecca, make way for somebody more in tune.

I think Trump is keeping Rebecca around for her appearance. Not just her beauty, but the whole appearance she brings. Don't know why else.
    I'm sorry, but I disagree and here are three reasons why.

1. The reason why she even defended Toral was simply because Toral did in fact have a great educational background and also because of the fact that Toral was the only candidate who went with Rebecca to the hospital when she broke her ankle. What Rebecca didn't count on was the fact that Toral was also a mean-spirited wench who pretty much admitted that her strategy was really to just sit back and watch the other female candidates fall to pieces. Toral was nothing more than a snarky opportunist who was negatively taking advantage of a sudden mishap. Before Rebecca ended up breaking her ankle, Rebecca wasn't pictured with Toral anywhere so I think it to be rather suspicious that Toral would all of a sudden come to Rebecca's aid. With Rebecca suffering pain from her broken ankle, Toral seemed to know exactly what buttons to push and she really only pretended to be caring towards Rebecca. I can now imagine why Jen Wallen hated Toral both on and off the show because Jen W. probably saw Toral for who Toral really was: A MANIPULATIVE HARPY! Due to Rebecca's youth and lack of real experience in a business setting (other than simply being a financial journalist), Toral found it relatively easy to manipulate Rebecca (just like Alla easily took advantage of Adam when he was PM). I have no doubt that Toral's intelligent, yet Toral used her intelligence in an evil and twisted way. Toral deliberately caused problems within Capital Edge and she didn't care who she offended in the process (including her "so-called" friend Rebecca). Toral just wanted the TV exposure and she didn't really care whether she would even make it far or not (IMO, Toral deliberately made Rebecca look bad just for the hell of it and I really hate Toral for taking advantage of Rebecca like that).

2. Rebecca didn't misjudge Randal's leadership. She only disagreed with the choice of topic that he wanted to go with because it lacked a great deal of "WOW!" factor to it. Besides, Rebecca wasn't the only one who disagreed. Brian disagreed with it as well. In a confessional, George confirmed both of their concerns when he said that the topic was indeed bland and he said that their concerns would've been well-justified if Randal wasn't enthusiastic enough about the topic itself. Rebecca may have disagreed, but that doesn't mean that she's a useless candidate. That was a brainstorming session, not the actual task. On the actual task, Randal gave each of his teammates assignments to carry out and they all did. Rebecca may have disagreed with Randal about the subject choice during the brainstorming session (along with Brian), but she did in fact contribute the part of the task that Randal assigned her to. Check out the extra footage over at the Yahoo! Apprentice site to see what I'm talking about. Plus, keep in mind that Rebecca voted in favor of Randal getting exemption so that goes to show you that Rebecca really respects Randal's leadership.

3. Rebecca proved herself to be a real trooper on the 6th episode when she made more sales than her other Excel teammates (which goes to show you that Rebecca didn't lose focus on the task objective). If Rebecca didn't do those things, then why would credible people like Carolyn confirm that Rebecca indeed made the most sales on Excel? Is Carolyn a liar because you just simply didn't see footage of Rebecca making sales? Carolyn is a very good judge of character so I seriously doubt that she was lying about Rebecca's performance during the 6th Task.

With all that said, I am a Rebecca fan and I am a realistic person at the same time. I know that Rebecca clearly has no chance of even making the final four, let alone the final two. Rebecca's way too young and she lacks a great deal of experience in the business world. Plus, she has the tendency to be quite hardheaded at times. She may not end up winning this season, yet DT believes that she has great potential to be a success in the future. Even though she's clearly not cut out for this show, that doesn't mean she's totally useless. Remember Andy from Season 2? He was 23 when he was a candidate (the same age Rebecca is now). DT said that he had potential and Andy made it to a 6th place ranking before he was fired. Long after Season 2 had ended, DT made the decision to hire Andy for a position. Like Andy, DT thinks that Rebecca has great potential so I wouldn't totally rule out DT hiring Rebecca sometime in the future. DT is well-aware of Rebecca's youth and lack of workplace experience and he knows that she'll most likely won't make the final four, yet he's interested to see how far she goes in this competition so DT really thinks she has potential that can be tempered with actual experience in the world of business. Rebecca may be young and very inexperienced, but she is not a loser. I don't think she'll win this season, yet I'm rooting for her anyways!

I actually think that Rebecca WILL make it to the F4, partly because she has performed well on tasks and especially because she has done so with a broken foot [from which she is obviously in a great deal of pain]. With the exception of Randall and Marshawn, she certainly has earned it over the rest of those freaks.

When every season comes to a head, and Trump says how impressives all the candidates were and how especially impressive the two remaining ones are, etc. etc., you always get the feeling he is saying what he is supposed to.

But there have a been a couple times that you get the impression Trump really IS impressed. One of those times was when Andy told Trump that Andy was just like an early Trump. I think Trump could see the comparison, and I think Trump was at that moment impressed.

And the other time was when Rebecca stood her ground in defense of Toral, against what everyone else said, and did it strongly and calmly. At that moment, Trump was again impressed.

So, right or wrong, stupidly or not, I think you're right that Trump has felt something special about Rebecca.

Remains to be seen about whether or not he can trust his intuition this time.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo
    1. The reason why she even defended Toral was simply because Toral did in fact have a great educational background and also because of the fact that Toral was the only candidate who went with Rebecca to the hospital when she broke her ankle.
    I have to say that it REALLY disturbs me the way Toral was the only one who cared (or pretended to care) about Rebecca's broken ankle. Just think about the reactions from everyone - Alla was smiling when she was Rebecca fall, Kristi's "you broke it?" didn't exactly exude sympathy, and Felisha's interview comments about the tasks being physical, well I guess that speaks for itself. I know that it's 'just' a broken ankle, but the fact that none of them even cared, and if Toral had not been there then Rebecca would have probably gone by herself, is something that I find VERY disturbing.

Furthermore, I can understand defending someone (Toral) who was the only one who was even there for Rebecca - as opposed to why on earth Chris took the bullet for Mark, for no other reason than, well I'm not even really sure of the reason.

Anyway, that has just bothered me all season. I guess the only other thing I can say is that at least Marshawn's reaction wasn't ignorant, and I guess Jennifer W.'s wasn't either, but then again, what kind of team just doesn't even care about an injured member? The bitchiest and most condescending member is the only one to be there for that person? Something is definitely wrong with this picture.

If Rebecca wants to last any longer in this competition, then she must step up as PM on the next task and she must pull off a win for Excel. It's either do or die for Rebecca on the 9th episode so she better get herself in gear.

+ Reply to Thread