+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I don't think it was a finally turned on Toral situation. If Toral had wanted to be PM none of what happened in the board room with Rebecca would have happened. Unless Toral really tanked as PM. There are two or three of the women who are pretty much dead weight catty b*tches that should be taking that taxi ride pretty soon.
    I agree with this, too. If Toral had insisted on being pm this week, she would still be here [although I'm sure that the catty bitches would have tried to sabotage her]. But DT would have most likely seen through the sabotage and fired someone else--hopefully, anyway. Quite honestly, I'm a little disappointed in him this season, because he has fired some of the more intelligent candidates for no other reason than they refused to get along and kiss the asses of the sorority bitches, some of whom are incredibly stupid in addition to be bitches [Kristi springs instantly to mind]. I don't recall him doing that in the last few seasons. I hope it doesn't continue, because the idea of Kristi the moron, or Alla the ex-lap-dancer, or that other blonde light-weight as The Apprentice is so ludicrous that he will end up losing credibility if he keeps getting rid of people with brains because they can't get along with these dum-dums.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    he will end up losing credibility if he keeps getting rid of people with brains because they can't get along with these dum-dums.
    In the corporate world it is extremely vital that you get along with people, including those that you consider idiots. It is even more vital that you get along with them when you're in a leadership role.

And if you can't display yourself to be a team member even when you disagree with the PM, if you constantly argue with your interviewer, and if you constantly make up details in your said argument with your interviewer which causes him to not be able to trust a word that you say... then you deserve to get fired, no matter how bad your fellow contestants are.

Rebecca impressed me immensely with her performance in the boardroom. I'd take her over anyone with Toral's alleged brains any day.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    In the corporate world it is extremely vital that you get along with people, including those that you consider idiots. It is even more vital that you get along with them when you're in a leadership role.

And if you can't display yourself to be a team member even when you disagree with the PM, if you constantly argue with your interviewer, and if you constantly make up details in your said argument with your interviewer which causes him to not be able to trust a word that you say... then you deserve to get fired, no matter how bad your fellow contestants are.

Rebecca impressed me immensely with her performance in the boardroom. I'd take her over anyone with Toral's alleged brains any day.

I am extremely impressed with Rebecca, too [the dum-dums I was referring to were the sorority cheerleaders, Kristi, Alla, and the other blonde light-weight]. I was not including Rebecca in that catagory, by any means, as I have a great deal of respect for her and have said so in my previous posts about her.

I also agree that Toral was argumentative and fabricated details [after the fact] in an attempt to bolster her argument and in an attempt to defend herself. And, having done time in corporate America, myself, I understand, very well, the need to be a team player. But I don't consider those 3 sorority cheerleaders to be team players anymore than Toral was, and it seemed very clear to me that they never had any intention of working cooperatively with her, ever, and that, by hook or by crook, they were bound and determined to sabotage her. [And I also don't think that they have any intention of working cooperatively with Rebecca in the future, either, although their attempts to sabotage HER will be done more discreetly, since they know that Trump likes her]. And, hopefully, their attempts to sabotage Rebecca will not be as successful as their attempts to sabotage Toral were.

All in all, though, I agree that Toral would not have made a good Apprentice, because she is not the type of person who takes orders easily and there is no way in hell that Trump [not to mention Carolyn and George], would EVER tolerate that. But I also think that those stupid, catty blondes should have been fired before her. I sincerely think that they earned it, because it was they, rather than Toral, who are guilty of blowing all of their teams' tasks, whereas the only thing that Toral was guilty of was not getting along with THEM, and I would have respected DT more if he had based his decision on performance, rather than popularity, and gotten rid of the dead weight first. JMO.
    Last edited by Violetgirl; 10-16-2005 at 12:31 PM.

This girls stock rose considerably in my eyes this week. She was insightful enough to realize that Toral had extreme potential. But not blinded by that potential to be able to honestly assess that Toral was too smart to be useful. Didn't like her at 1st. Now I hope she and Marshawn get together and put a whooping on the other girls.

FORT Regular
    If you pay close attention to what Rebecca actually says, you will notice how incredibly diplomatic she is in the way she words things. For example, when she recommended Toral to be fired, she said "Toral. The team won't work with her." However, she did not say that the situation was all Toral's fault - because, let's face it, it wasn't. Rebecca also noticed during the task how the other women treated Toral so badly. Although she criticized Toral for not stepping up to be PM, Rebecca did take note that there are two sides to this story. I have to wonder if she will bring that up ever. I think that was very wise of her to word it that way.

Did anyone else like her answer to Trump when he asked "isn't that reason enough to bring her back?", referring to the fact that the team couldn't stand Toral as being reason to bring her back to the Boardroom. Rebecca said "that could be someone's reason to bring her back, but I don't believe it would be my reason to bring her back." That was great.

And to be honest, I have to support Rebecca's loyalty to Toral, as opposed to Chris's misguided "loyalty" to...the team? or Mark? Oh wait, his loyalty was to getting rid of Markus, lol.

Anyway, about Rebecca's loyalty to Toral - the thing is, Toral is made out to be such a bitch, but why was she the only team member who even cared about Rebecca's ankle? Felisha's comment was basically that the tasks get to be physical, Alla seemed to be smiling when Rebecca fell, and Kristi's "you broke it?" seemed just a wee bit gleeful. What kind of people react that way? I realize that it's "just" a broken ankle, but even when they pretended like they cared, it just came across as so phony. So what did they have against Rebecca at that point? That she doesn't use Miss Clairol?

So I can understand being loyal to the only one who had the decency to even care. I can understand it perfectly, and I agreed with it. And it took an awful lot for Rebecca to then put Toral up for firing this week.

Rebecca is damn impressive. I look at her and think, I was nothing like that at that age. Wait, I was nothing like that, uh, ever. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Geea7
    If you pay close attention to what Rebecca actually says, you will notice how incredibly diplomatic she is in the way she words things. For example, when she recommended Toral to be fired, she said "Toral. The team won't work with her." However, she did not say that the situation was all Toral's fault - because, let's face it, it wasn't. Rebecca also noticed during the task how the other women treated Toral so badly. Although she criticized Toral for not stepping up to be PM, Rebecca did take note that there are two sides to this story. I have to wonder if she will bring that up ever. I think that was very wise of her to word it that way.

Did anyone else like her answer to Trump when he asked "isn't that reason enough to bring her back?", referring to the fact that the team couldn't stand Toral as being reason to bring her back to the Boardroom. Rebecca said "that could be someone's reason to bring her back, but I don't believe it would be my reason to bring her back." That was great.

And to be honest, I have to support Rebecca's loyalty to Toral, as opposed to Chris's misguided "loyalty" to...the team? or Mark? Oh wait, his loyalty was to getting rid of Markus, lol.

Anyway, about Rebecca's loyalty to Toral - the thing is, Toral is made out to be such a bitch, but why was she the only team member who even cared about Rebecca's ankle? Felisha's comment was basically that the tasks get to be physical, Alla seemed to be smiling when Rebecca fell, and Kristi's "you broke it?" seemed just a wee bit gleeful. What kind of people react that way? I realize that it's "just" a broken ankle, but even when they pretended like they cared, it just came across as so phony. So what did they have against Rebecca at that point? That she doesn't use Miss Clairol?

So I can understand being loyal to the only one who had the decency to even care. I can understand it perfectly, and I agreed with it. And it took an awful lot for Rebecca to then put Toral up for firing this week.

Rebecca is damn impressive. I look at her and think, I was nothing like that at that age. Wait, I was nothing like that, uh, ever. lol

I agree totally Love your posts.

FORT Regular

Violetgirl

Thanks.

You're welcome

FORT Regular
    She is my favorite at this point. She has the top education that Trump likes; She is loyal; she doesn't give in to peer pressure; she is level-headed and very professional. I also think Trump was impressed by her performance in the boardroom on the night when she refused to bring in Toral. In my opinion, that night was a big victory for her. The week after, she just turned it into a bigger victory when she reluctantly agreed that Toral had to go because the team wouldn't work with her on it. She is strong-headed, but she is also flexible enough to see when she needs to adjust her view.

snarky scenester
    I like how she always has this down-turned, brooding look about her....as if in constant self-contemplation, with her hair covering half her face, and when she looks up she looks through her eyebrows. It's like she realized she stuck her head out to early and is trying to crawl back into the fray by adopting a passive-aggressive policy of being too meek.

+ Reply to Thread