+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    She did a great job of putting a big ole bullseye on her back. Her unfaltering allegiance wasn't impressive at all, IMO it was the worse thing she could have done. Especially when she kept going on about [whatshername/her buddy] being the strongest/best woman there.. great way to belittle your own worth, Becca. It'll come to haunt her.
    Besides, if she WAS as great as she was stating, she'd be able to fend for herself rather than having Rebecca do it for her.

I wasn't impressed with her behavior last night at all...she stood out from the crowd for all the wrong reasons, IMO.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

KYLIE AND MIKE RULE ALL!! RiddleMeThis's Avatar
    I just got a glimps of the board room last night! GO REBBECA! i like her, she does what she wants and not what everone wants her to do INCLUDIND THE TRUMP! she has some guts i hope she does well.

FORT Regular
    I like her too, straightforward and sticks to her guns. Her "friend" is annoying and would be horrible to work with or for. Not crazy about the blondes, especially Christy.

I like her confidence and poise. You could see by her flush in the boardroom that she was nervous, but you couldn't hear it in her voice. I think as she relaxes into this a little, she will get better.

I could have made a case for letting her go after this task though, and not because of her loyalty to Toral. At her age, she hasn't managed people and she clearly didn't do a good job of staying on tasks once she delegated them. How could the decor and food have surprised her? Why didn't she ask for a layout and a menu? The product choices didn't seem great (hi def TV? how is that relevant?) and she should have had everyone do a dry run before the presentation. They were all way too confident that they could carry the day with charm and looks, and no one bothered to actually treat the task seriously or prepare adequately.

I still think she will grow and be very good, if she doesn't get hurt by the clique. Her (justified) dislike of the blondes could cause her to become even more inflexible and result in her downfall.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Quote Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis
    I just got a glimps of the board room last night! GO REBBECA! i like her, she does what she wants and not what everone wants her to do INCLUDIND THE TRUMP! she has some guts i hope she does well.

I agree. I respect her. She did what she thought was right and I don't think it had anything to do with her friendship with Toral. I think she just honestly believes that Toral is a very qualified candidate and she wasn't going to let herself be pushed around and intimidated into bringing Toral into the boardroom, even if it meant that she might get fired, herself. That took guts, standing up to Trump like that, and especially considering that she must be in a lot of pain, physically, with her broken foot. She's pretty tough.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    This is a strange season. The women in the sorority clique seem to have adopted the strategy of trying to get others fired by refusing to work hard. That cost them sorority girl Jen. I wonder if they'll learn from it.

Group targetting has worked in the past. If the sorority girls band together in the boardroom, but work hard on the tasks, Rebecca will have a tough time holding up. I'm rooting for her.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I agree. I respect her. She did what she thought was right and I don't think it had anything to do with her friendship with Toral. I think she just honestly believes that Toral is a very qualified candidate and she wasn't going to let herself be pushed around and intimidated into bringing Toral into the boardroom, even if it meant that she might get fired, herself. .
    Of course, it's also probably bad judgment, given that I'd guess she believes Toral is a great candidate based pretty much solely on Toral's own valuation of herself....Oh, and the fact that they both went to top schools....

While I don't like the sorority girls much either, in addition to truly smart people a lot of arrogant lazy idiots graduate from those great schools. I'm betting that Toral is one of them. If Rebecca's that easily convinced by what people say about themselves, she's in for some rude shocks as time goes on.

FORT Fogey
    Maybe it's true Rebecca is in for some shocks, however:

Toral did stay with Rebecca when she had her ankle checked out, and that to Rebecca obviously meant a lot. Also, Rebecca specifically asked to be PM of task three, so we know she has a lot of guts to do it immediately afterwards (and I'm sure Mr. Trump didn't really want to see her do that).

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Wallyhorse]

Toral did stay with Rebecca when she had her ankle checked out, and that to Rebecca obviously meant a lot. QUOTE]\

That's certainly true. However, she kept saying that her exempting Toral had nothing to do with their friendship. It was all about her "judgment" that Toral was the only woman -- except for herself, I guess -- who would be the kind of executive Trump would want....

If that's what she thinks, then she's making at the very least a pretty poorly based snap judgment and, in my opinion, one that's likely to turn out to be wrong. ...

And, if if loyalty was due to her judging Toral as a nice solid person because Toral showed her friendship and gave her assistance, why didn't she say that, instead of essentially denying that this was her reason. ... If she'd admitted to this being her reason, I'd have a whole different opinion of her. But she didn't. She said that Toral had the intellectual heft to make a great executive, not that Toral was a helpful kind friend ...

So I still say that either she made an ill-advised snap judgment about Toral's
    intellectual and executive potential, or she actually was basing her decision on Toral's showing her firendship but lied about it in the boardroom, either just to the others or to the others and to herself. ...

[QUOTE=natashapierre]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse

Toral did stay with Rebecca when she had her ankle checked out, and that to Rebecca obviously meant a lot. QUOTE]\

That's certainly true. However, she kept saying that her exempting Toral had nothing to do with their friendship. It was all about her "judgment" that Toral was the only woman -- except for herself, I guess -- who would be the kind of executive Trump would want....

If that's what she thinks, then she's making at the very least a pretty poorly based snap judgment and, in my opinion, one that's likely to turn out to be wrong. ...

And, if if loyalty was due to her judging Toral as a nice solid person because Toral showed her friendship and gave her assistance, why didn't she say that, instead of essentially denying that this was her reason. ... If she'd admitted to this being her reason, I'd have a whole different opinion of her. But she didn't. She said that Toral had the intellectual heft to make a great executive, not that Toral was a helpful kind friend ...
    Because she CAN'T say that.

Because being a good friend is not a valid reason for keeping someone in The Apprentice!

Becky is no Jennifer W (Ms. "my grandmother likes cookies so that's why I made cookies"). She understands which arguments are valid and which arguments are weak and basically pointless.

Remember how she kind of skirted around the issue of why she dragged Jennifer M in ? She gave some BS reason about Jennifer not following directions, getting off topic, etc. BUT, I don't think her decision to bring Jennifer in was totally random, like others have said. It really seemed like she was being cautious and really choosing her words carefully.

I think Jennifer irked her sensibilities as a feminist by using her body in an obvious way to .. uh... charm old men into giving their team higher ratings, basically. But, apparently Jennifer did *not* cross that delicate line...

Once Becky saw how Trump, George, and even Caroline had absolutely no problems with the way Jennifer M behaved, she decided not to divulge her true feelings about the matter. (Unlike, say last boardroom meeting, where Chris harped on the Marcus matter even after Trump TOLD him repeatedly that Marcus wasn't responsible for the loss!) Instead, Becky tried to find some other reason they might deem "valid". It totally didn't work.. but I give Becky credit for trying to back up her arguments with valid reasoning.

It shows her logical character: a stark contrast to emotional, hysterical Jennifer W. She could have said something like "I bake for my grandmother & her elderly friends often and they enjoy cake the most as a dessert over things like cookies, which are harder to chew", showing that she logically considered what foods to have available. Instead, she said "I chose cake because my grandmother likes cake"... lol! The same thing can be phrased differently and all of a sudden it's turned into a valid argument!

Becky understands that revealing her true feelings on why she didn't bring in Toral would only succeed in making her look emotional and biased. Instead, she tried to come up with a rational and objective reason for not bringing her in: namely, Toral's intellectual abilities & corporate experience. She may have been a bit dramatic in her delivery of that reason (if you donít choose Toral, we wonít have a female apprentice!), but her basic argument was valid and objective. She also emphasized "integrity" and "loyalty"- buzz words which back up her logical argument with a semblance of emotion and heart... without actually turning her argument -into- an emotional argument.

I mean, if you look too closely at the "integrity"/"loyalty" angle of her argument... it really doesn't make a great deal of sense, when applied to her logical argument. lol.. Does she believe in Toral THAT much that bringing her in would go against her best judgment about who is suited to be The Apprentice ? If Toral hadn't been the only one who cared about her ankle and went with her to the clinic, would Becky have done what she did? I really doubt it. So her "integrity" was about being true to her friend... but of course she couldn't say that without compromising herself in Trump's eyes.

So... that was a very tough and delicate situation. Becky navigated it well.

+ Reply to Thread