+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunato View Post
    For a clueless newb like me, what's the "Andy" story?
    I found this on his official website:

Kendra Todd, the spirited Boynton Beach resident, became Donald Trump's latest six-figure employee on the season finale of NBC's The Apprentice.

However, Andy Litinsky already knows a little something about working for Trump.

The 23-year-old Boca Raton native was a contestant on the second installment of The Apprentice. Although he wasn't offered the winning $250,000-a-year gig, Trump was so impressed with the Harvard graduate that he hired Litinsky three months after the show aired.

Litinsky, who works in New York 's Trump Towers , is now a project manager for Trump's real estate development team. He spends most of his time on the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Las Vegas , a 64-story hotel and condominium under construction.

What advice does he have for Todd?

"It's very important to be a team player and not to be afraid to propose new ideas and to speak openly," said Litinsky, a former debating champion. "Mr. Trump appreciates when you're straight forward and honest. When you can say three minutes of talk in 20 seconds, it's always better to do that."

Litinsky said he would be interested in working with Todd, although that's unlikely in the near future because they will be involved in separate projects.

"It's always nice to have a Floridian to work side-by-side with," he said. "That would be fun."
    I would have liked to have seen the look on Kelly's face when he found out about this. Andy even gets a real job instead of just selling "Trump Ice".

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Rebecca is much, much prettier
    I think she reminds Donald of his wife....

Quote Originally Posted by jogi View Post
    I found this on his official website:
    I would have liked to have seen the look on Kelly's face when he found out about this. Andy even gets a real job instead of just selling "Trump Ice".
    Oh yeah, LOL, I had forgotten about Kelly's 'tude towards Andy! Good for Andy, he had a lot of enthusiasm and I hope he has some great successes at his new job.

FORT Newbie
    "It's very important to be a team player and not to be afraid to propose new ideas and to speak openly," said Litinsky, a former debating champion. "Mr. Trump appreciates when you're straight forward and honest. When you can say three minutes of talk in 20 seconds, it's always better to do that."
    That's why Donald likes Rebecca.

Rebecca = capable, but boring!

Since Trump likes to be head honcho (and of course, IS) that should not be a problem though.

I would not be surprised if two people win for the first time. Trump can do anything he wants LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Rebecca = capable, but boring!

Since Trump likes to be head honcho (and of course, IS) that should not be a problem though.
    As long as she's not boring in her personal life, she fine with me.

FORT Anomaly
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11 View Post
    Rebecca won't win but DT really likes her, much more than Randall I think. DT might hire her even, aka Andy, even if she does lose. This wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think she'll win either, but she's got loyalty and integrity and all the traits that make for an excellent leader. I can see why the DT likes her. Even if Randall does win, and Rebecca doesn't get hired by the Trumpster in another position, she'll go on to bigger and better things. I personally think she seems pretty amazing, and I'm rooting for her.

I think DT will hire her even if she doesn't win.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...i-business-hed

`Apprentice' mom has prime-time butterflies

By Gail MarksJarvis
    Tribune staff reporter

December 15, 2005

If you watch this season's last episode of NBC's "The Apprentice" on Thursday night, I will be viewing it with you. Only I will be in Lincoln Center, where I will be watching my 24-year-old daughter Rebecca Jarvis live, and trying to control the butterflies in my stomach.

And those butterflies tend to go to work every episode.

Viewing it is a little like watching your child in a first elementary school play: You are excited and you're proud of the person your child has become. But your stomach churns a bit as you hope all goes OK.

Only there's a major difference between those sweet performances and "The Apprentice." There is no loving teacher waiting offstage with hugs and reassurances. Instead, this is cutthroat competition.

For 12 weeks, 18 people have been vying to be the last standing after doing work for Donald Trump, and my daughter has been one of them.

While most people simply get excited to see someone they know on TV, I have been envisioning the potential hazards.

In reality TV, the actors are themselves. From my standpoint, it's high risk to reveal yourself in front of millions.

You ask yourself: "Will they show Rebecca as she is, or will Hollywood step in?"

So far, the butterflies have been for naught. She has come across as she always has--honest, smart, hard-working, resolute and loyal. When I watch her, I see the person who was driven at age 15 to be an advocate for disenfranchised youth, and who lobbied the Minnesota Legislature.

But now it's the last show. And my butterflies are back.

When friends ask me how I'm feeling about this night, I say: "Well, imagine how you would feel if you had to sit in front of 19 million people while a potential employer critiqued how you'd done a job."

Or worse, imagine your kid going through it.

Need I say more?

Actually, I'd love to say more, but I can't.

Before Rebecca went onto the show, I signed a contract requiring me to stay quiet about the show's secrets. To keep phone contact with her while the show was being taped, I had to sign.

And I'm glad I did.

During one episode, Rebecca fell while playing hockey and broke her ankle. I didn't know about it until she called me at 6 a.m. from under the blankets, hiding from the cameras, to tell me she was in excruciating pain. But despite speculation that she'd quit to go home, she told me in typical Rebecca style: "I'm not stopping now."

The conversation was short on detail, a result of the omnipresent cameras.

I thought of "The Truman Show," the movie about a young man who unknowingly was being filmed 24 hours a day as he lived his life.

Unlike the movie, "The Apprentice" candidates know they are going to be filmed. But knowing it, and experiencing it, are two different things. This hit home when Rebecca couldn't even find a private place to scream about a throbbing broken bone.

But that was the downside.

The great realization for me has been the emotional connection that a television show has with people.

When we are on Michigan Avenue or in restaurants, she is approached by strangers wondering if her leg has healed, commending her for a comment, and wishing her well as she goes into the last episode.

Like Truman, Rebecca's privacy is a thing of the past.

I'm just starting to digest it all. And once the butterflies die down, it will be easier.

Meanwhile, go Rebecca!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    I think she reminds Donald of his wife....
    That's exactly what I thought!

Remember back in the beginning of the season hype and Trump was quoted as saying something like this season had the most beautiful woman ever on the show? I wonder if it was Rebecca he was referring to, because of the resemblance to Melania?
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

+ Reply to Thread