+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca

I am rooting for Rebecca, and am very impressed with her, but, if I am going to be objective, I would have to acknowledge that Randall is more capable, creative, experienced, and qualified. It would be interesting to see them both in the F2, and I hope it plays out that way.

As for Toral, I was a fan of hers [and still am].

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I am rooting for Rebecca, and am very impressed with her, but, if I am going to be objective, I would have to acknowledge that Randall is more capable, creative, experienced, and qualified. It would be interesting to see them both in the F2, and I hope it plays out that way.
    From the editing presented to us so far, Alla seemed to be the most impressive in terms of performance. However, if I were in Mr. Trump's position, I would hire both randal and rebecca over Alla. Randal and rebecca both conducted themselves very professionally, and could both step up to the plate when necessary. But some of Alla's behavior was very junior-highish -- that might have something to do with her background (background is always important), so I would not think she is a good fit for a big corperation.

I became a huge rebecca fan when she stood her ground and refused to bring Toral into the boardroom. I am of the minority here, but I think that was the right decision based on her reasoning, and I don't think she did it for strategic reasons -- she did it because that was what felt right in her conscience. I believed her. Mr. Trump also seemed to buy it and he seemd to be really impressed by her. As time goes on, I also became more and more impressed by randal (Alla's skills impressed me, but Alla did not impress me). I don't know who would be in the final two, but I think the right decision would be to put randal and rebecca in the final two.

If Mr. Trump wants the apprentice to start functioning right away, then randal would be the right choice. He IS ready, whereas rebecca still needs some time to develop. But I think he should also hire rebecca after the show is over like he hired Andy. Rebecca has the right foundation to become some one great. Either way, as long as the winner comes from these two (I think it should be randal), then I am gonna be very happy.
    Last edited by jenjen123; 11-12-2005 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenjen123
    But some of Alla's behavior was very junior-highish -- that might have something to do with her background (background is always important), so I would not think she is a good fit for a big corperation.
    Yes, I keep wondering if she'll resort to a lap dance to sway a boardroom that's going against her.

I became a huge rebecca fan when she stood her ground and refused to bring Toral into the boardroom. I am of the minority here, but I think that was the right decision based on her reasoning, and I don't think she did it for strategic reasons -- she did it because that was what felt right in her conscience. I believed her. Mr. Trump also seemed to buy it and he seemd to be really impressed by her. As time goes on, I also became more and more impressed by randal (Alla's skills impressed me, but Alla did not impress me). I don't know who would be in the final two, but I think the right decision would be to put randal and rebecca in the final two.

If Mr. Trump wants the apprentice to start functioning right away, then randal would be the right choice. He IS ready, whereas rebecca still needs some time to develop. But I think he should also hire rebecca after the show is over like he hired Andy. Rebecca has the right foundation to become some one great. Either way, as long as the winner comes from these two (I think it should be randal), then I am gonna be very happy.
    The problem is that Rebecca's moment may have passed. She's waited too long to PM again, and Trump notices stuff like that. The moment she allowed Randal to come over to her team and yet ALSO PM to a 2nd victory before she even had her first one she doomed herself to a permanent impression that she's too passive. Even if she now wins (hopefully next week), Randall will have his THIRD PM opportunity before she does and could jump to a 3-1 majority over her.

Alla at least has one victory under her belt. Randal could be up 3-2 on her and it wouldn't look as bad, because she'd have no losses.

Clay, by the way, has 2 victories. Even if he's ridden on the backs of others for it, statistically it looks good for him.

Felisha, like Rebecca, has 1 loss but has faded into the background even more. She's never been nominated in the boardroom--which might SEEM like a good thing, but it also probably communicates that she's taken no risks.

Adam? Well he's a seat filler at this point--one loss but he's been humiliated too.

Short of doing something stupid, even if he loses once, I think Randal would STILL be the favorite.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-12-2005 at 07:42 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular
    From the editing presented to us so far, Alla seemed to be the most impressive in terms of performance. However, if I were in Mr. Trump's position, I would hire both randal and rebecca over Alla. Randal and rebecca both conducted themselves very professionally, and could both step up to the plate when necessary. But some of Alla's behavior was very junior-highish -- that might have something to do with her background (background is always important), so I would not think she is a good fit for a big corperation.

Excellent, excellent post - and I agree completely!

Well, I am probably the last person on this site to get around to reading the Smoking Gun and the Oregon report on Alla's sorted past. At this point I would say that anyone else out of the remaining candidates would be more fit to be in the final 2. But if the final 2 is Randal against Alla that would generate some scandalous headlines which would boost the finale ratings.

As much as I can't stand Alla [and it is BECAUSE of her catty, junior highish behavior that I do dislike her so much], I still have to agree, in all fairness, that she has performed very impressively at her tasks. In some ways, she reminds me of Clay, because he, like Alla, is one of those annoying people who irritates you thoroughly with their attitude and, yet, impresses you at the same time with their talent and ability. They are both a couple of highly intelligent, successful and talented jerks. [Which may explain why they can't stand each other--they are too much alike].

I agree with the rest of your post, too--all of it, and especially your assessment about Rebecca and Toral.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Yes, I keep wondering if she'll resort to a lap dance to sway a boardroom that's going against her.

FORT Regular
    She has been kicking butt!

I am a huge Rebecca fan, yet I'm very disappointed with her performance on last night's episode. She has lost twice as PM. However, the previews hinted that the interviews will take place when there are three candidates left so Rebecca will have one more chance to step up as PM. If she gets that chance again, then she damn well better win that task or she will definitely be gone. Rebecca is somewhat starting to remind me of Kwame (TA1) because Kwame lost twice as PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo
    I am a huge Rebecca fan, yet I'm very disappointed with her performance on last night's episode. She has lost twice as PM. However, the previews hinted that the interviews will take place when there are three candidates left so Rebecca will have one more chance to step up as PM. If she gets that chance again, then she damn well better win that task or she will definitely be gone. Rebecca is somewhat starting to remind me of Kwame (TA1) because Kwame lost twice as PM.
    Sorry Rabid Dingo, but I have already given up on Rebecca. At this point, I'd put my money on Alla or even Felisha. And I don't even want those two to win either -- I still want Randal to become The Apprentice!!! I am NOT happy about this arrangment, but its the way it is. I am so angry with Rebecca, it's ridiculous!!! She wanted Clay on her team then whined about it when he messed up her project! That's tough bananas -- I have no sympthy for her, she wanted Clay (like Jennifer wanted Jim on the Martha Stewart edition) and she paid for it dearly!!! At this point, Felisha deserves the final four, three, or whatever spot over Rebecca.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread