+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Murphy - Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    thanks Violet...maybe we should have been on the show (lol).

You know it seems the last few tasks have been won on creativity rather than management skills. It is tough when you have a team without any real creative genious or design skills among them.

In a real situation you would have professionals in those areas to draw from their expertice. If you have a group of all marketing people with experience in sales the team is out of balance and of course it will be difficult to win against one who has even a little of it!.

While Felisha, Alma and Kristie showed good worker bee skills and committment to Bill. The criticsm of the float was lack of scale in the house on the float and of course the presentation pronunciation did not help.
    Had they been able to concentrate on those things rather that deal with Kristies bad attitude they may have won it ..who knows.

Kendra showed it last year she had drive, organizational skills, creativity and the expertice from her previous jobs to nearly be a one woman show ( like in the Solstice brochure. Those people are few and far between. In fact I saw none of that creativity in Bill . He was fortunate to have had people on his team that complimented him and his strengths to some extent. His strength was in delagating and making sure bases were covered...MANAGEMENT.

I also keep in mind that EDITING plays a huge part in how we percieve all the candidates and they will pick the worst characteristic of each and magnify it!

The girls did well when they had a team of professionals helping them like in the car ads! Remember they said "women feel it, men say it". If they are not feeling it due to stress or strain and "not listening to each other" as Randal said they will never win and will be in the board room every week with someone getting fired.

I think we should be on the show, too

I agree with all your points. Bill's strong suit was management [and entreprenurial skills] and Kendra, who seemed so mild-mannered, really did practically have it all. [In baseball. she'd be called a five-tool player ]

I really think what's wrong with the women [and I saw alot of this last season, too] is their really vicious competitveness. Some of them are so out for themselves that they can't work together in anything that even resembles a team. They are so jealous and petty that even if any one of them WAS creative, that person's creativity would almost assuredly be stifled in that poisonous environment [and let's use your Wizard idea as an example. Let's say that you were there and had thrown out that idea--what would the reaction have been? Well, if you were on the men's team, they'd be cheering and high-fiving you, but if you were on the women's team, you would be subjected to cattiness and jealousy for having a good idea and for out-shining them.] Some of these women are not just immature, they are actually destructive, and as long as they continue along those lines, they won't win a thing--nor do they deserve to.

Why is the previous Jennifer M. thread up above this season's Jennifer Murphy (B4) with a closed thread? It is confusing!
    Last edited by cabernetCally; 10-27-2005 at 07:26 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally
    Why is the previous Jennifer M. thread up above this season's Jennifer Murphy (B4) with a closed thread? It is confusing!
    The earlier Jenn M. thread is for Jennifer Massey, and there had been some news on her, which is supposed to go in that thread.

This thread is for Jennifer Murphy of "A4."

Perhaps the mods could expand the two Jenn M. threads to full names (this one to Jennifer Murphy, the other to Jennifer Massey).

Gosh she sounded pathetic in the boardroom. Glad she's gone.

So annoying!! I woke up from my couch-snooze to hear her yelling, and knew she was a goner. You don't yell at The Donald, girl! Are you retarded??Maybe I shouldn't have bothered to open my eyes, but it was odd to fall asleep and wake up to see four people getting fired. But gratifying to see her as one of them.

She lost my respect when she promised to sell every radar gun in the store when it was obvious that she knew nothing about radar guns, and what they're used for--and never even bothered to find out.
    Last edited by Violetgirl; 10-28-2005 at 11:57 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    If ever anyone thought all the 'Dumb Blonde' jokes resulted from myth ... Jen M destroys that notion.
    Her page 1 bio indicated so much potential, now I bet she is no longer wanted as a speaker for the unnamed national advertising organisation!

I'm not a fan of Jen Murphy. However, I did like her exit interview. At least, she isn't holding grudges and she acknowledges that she definitely was at fault. That pretty much puts her in a slightly better view than before because she now admits to being wrong.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo
    I'm not a fan of Jen Murphy. However, I did like her exit interview. At least, she isn't holding grudges and she acknowledges that she definitely was at fault. That pretty much puts her in a slightly better view than before because she now admits to being wrong.
    I thought the same thing when I saw her exit interview. Other candidates could learn a lot from her attitude, IMHO.

Jennifer is from my town and I'm sure she will be just fine. I'm sure she considers it a learning experience and I would say to her "at least You was not fired for being a Biotch like others ( Kristi and Toral)" . She has the ability to learn from her mistakes but those two need attitude adjustments as well that are more difficult to change.

My experience with her was brief in that she was a marketing rep for the local cable company setting up commerical business internet/tv accounts for new commercial buildings. Since I contacted her when we began construction she really did not have to sell much to me. I was impressed on her management of the account and the follow thru on all the hookups. She left the company I was told for "new opportunites" soon after our project completed so I was assigned a new rep for any followup. The next I knew I read in the paper that she was participating in Miss USA pagent.

I do know that she has partnered with someone in building homes in the area and there is money to be made here with the cost of real estate up almost 30% in one year. She has accomplished alot in her young life but I do not think she is just not cut out for New York City. She is a small town girl and does just fine in this small valley.

I'm sure and she will be continue successful in spite of her appearance on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast