+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: Jennifer Murphy - Season 4

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320
    She doesn't impress me - but she certainly impresses herself!!

  2. #32
    FORT Fanatic Violetgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    514
    I think that her attractiveness causes her to be under-estimated. She was the only one who understood the need for the DQ logo on the Zip costume [I can't understand how the rest of them missed it--it's marketing 101, for C***** sake!!!]

  3. #33
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    63
    Sorry, but I personally don't understand why they made such a big deal about the lack of branding. They were supposed to come up with a creative character. DQ can take their character and tag all the branding they want on it. That would only be a problem if fundamental aspects of the character excluded any additional branding, which was obviously not the case here. It was like the Donny Deutsch tasks - the execs weren't looking for something they could take right out and market, just something they can (with small modifications) "use".

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    She doesn't impress me - but she certainly impresses herself!!

    I do not see anything that Jennifer has done that would indicate this? I know her and she is an extremely bright, professional and yes beautiful girl. The first time I met her I mentioned to my husband after she left..."she is absolutely gorgous". She does not wear that much make-up in real life..Her beauty is very natural.


    She has been in Marketing for several years as a top saleperson and you can bet she knows the importance of name recognition!

  5. #35
    FORT Fanatic Violetgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasX
    Sorry, but I personally don't understand why they made such a big deal about the lack of branding. They were supposed to come up with a creative character. DQ can take their character and tag all the branding they want on it. That would only be a problem if fundamental aspects of the character excluded any additional branding, which was obviously not the case here. It was like the Donny Deutsch tasks - the execs weren't looking for something they could take right out and market, just something they can (with small modifications) "use".

    It's as CabernetCally says: the first rule of marketing is name recognition. Yes, of course DQ could have taken the Zip character and stuck their logo all over it, but it was not DQ's responsibility to complete the women's task for them. These women were assigned a task FOR Dairy Queen, not vice versa, and it was up to the WOMEN to complete the task, not DQ.

  6. #36
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    It's as CabernetCally says: the first rule of marketing is name recognition. Yes, of course DQ could have taken the Zip character and stuck their logo all over it, but it was not DQ's responsibility to complete the women's task for them. These women were assigned a task FOR Dairy Queen, not vice versa, and it was up to the WOMEN to complete the task, not DQ.
    Sure, but that doesn't change anything I said. Coming up with the character itself is the hard part. Tagging on the branding, which is going to look out-of-place anyway, is child's play. The execs wanted them to do the hard part. Trump was testing if they could do the hard part. So why all the focus on the easy part?

    Think back to the Lambourghini task: the women's commercial was a good idea. But when you saw what they actually put together, it looked cheesy - the special effects with the words looked like a low-budget PowerPoint presentation. But, like in the DQ task, the goal was not perfection; the goal was to do the difficult part. Lambourghini could have easily touched up the cheesy part and had a great commercial. On the other hand, it is not so easy to come up with a good idea for the ad, as the women did.

    The point is, you shouldn't punish them THAT heavily for a relatively minor (in terms of effort required to achieve) part of the task.

  7. #37
    FORT Fanatic Violetgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasX
    Sure, but that doesn't change anything I said. Coming up with the character itself is the hard part. Tagging on the branding, which is going to look out-of-place anyway, is child's play. The execs wanted them to do the hard part. Trump was testing if they could do the hard part. So why all the focus on the easy part?

    Think back to the Lambourghini task: the women's commercial was a good idea. But when you saw what they actually put together, it looked cheesy - the special effects with the words looked like a low-budget PowerPoint presentation. But, like in the DQ task, the goal was not perfection; the goal was to do the difficult part. Lambourghini could have easily touched up the cheesy part and had a great commercial. On the other hand, it is not so easy to come up with a good idea for the ad, as the women did.

    The point is, you shouldn't punish them THAT heavily for a relatively minor (in terms of effort required to achieve) part of the task.

    Well, if it was so easy, why didn't they just do it then? Actually, you're right, branding IS the easy part, it's Marketing 101, which is exactly why it was inexcusable for the DQ logo to be left out. And I disagree with you that DQ and Trump assigned them to do the "hard part" of the task. They were assigned to do a COMPLETE task. They were assigned to come up with a new character that would be associated with DAIRY QUEEN'S blizzard ice cream, period. Not Friendly's ice cream, not the Man in the Moon's ice cream, but DAIRY QUEEN'S ice cream. So, to leave out the DAIRY QUEEN logo is the height of stupidity, especially considering that Jen M. made them aware that they were leaving it out--which makes their stupidity even more glaring. The cheerleaders should have been fired and I've lost respect for Trump for letting any of them off the hook after this latest display of moronic-ness.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey cabernetCally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    1,361
    Put on your creative hats,,,what character would you have dreamed up??

    I'm thinking something along the lines of "The Wizard of Blizz (ard) "". A wizard character with an icy ( cream) beard and a cloak covered with m&m's or nuts just like a real blizzard.

    The ice cream genie was on the right track but they were trying to promote the Blizzard and the teen market not the ice cream cone. But it was a heck of alot better than the Zip character!!!

  9. #39
    FORT Newbie Jessica1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I think that her attractiveness causes her to be under-estimated. She was the only one who understood the need for the DQ logo on the Zip costume [I can't understand how the rest of them missed it--it's marketing 101, for C***** sake!!!]

    I don't think she's underestimated. (Personally I don't even think she's that attractive) Recall her poor presentation in front of DQ and her multiple suggestions and application of using her body to get ahead and I think you'll have a pretty god summary of Jen M.

    But out of the blondes I hate her the least. Is that saying much?

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,868
    She really blew that presentation. Lucky for her it seemed that The Donald was looking at the overall view and not at this particular task. He could have moved the show along though if he wasn't impressed with either one of them and fired them both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.