+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Murphy - Season 4

Why do they keep having her present?

It seems they think (or she does) that her beauty queen background makes her a good speaker. Only she sounds so glossy and fake that she comes of patronizing and too vague. She also doesn't seem to plan out what she's going to say very well and her presentations are full of redundancies. I think the one last night was, "Zip is very exciting and full of excitment." hmmmm......

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Maybe she'll solve world hunger in the next episode? Pageant girls are good that way.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I dunno. I think of the girls in the blonde clique I dislike Jennifer M the least. Even though I think Alla has the best chance of that clique in getting the furtherest.

FORT Regular
    Actually she impressed me last night by not pointing the blame at Toral so much as she did at Felicia... out of the "clique", only her and Alla have any sort of chance.

Jennifer was in a pagent! So what...I know for a fact she is not your typical beauty contestant. Obviously Donald saw that as well when he met her at the Miss USA pagent. Afterall he is the one who encourgaed her to try out for the show.

FORT Regular
    I will admit that I like her a little better now, since she admitted that the loss was not Toral's fault. Also she was the one with the brains to suggest the logo appear on the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    She is a pageant girl. Posed and faked is a way of life.

My, My how sterotypical of you. Oprah Winfrey was a Pageant Girl, Diane Sawyer was in pageants, Sharon Stone, Michelle Pfieffer. Should I go on?

I don't get how when people hear the words former beauty queen they get a picture of a beautiful woman talking about world peace and how she wants to save all the cute little puppies. That is not who we all are.

We are business women. Some of us are now mothers. Doctors. Lawyers. Yes even Marshawn(a beautiful powerful black woman) gasp!! even has a past pageant background. In fact just last year she placed 2nd runner up in the Miss Virginia USA pageant. She is also a Top Five Finisher at Miss America.

So say what you will about pageant girls being Fake and posed. It is just us knowing how to stand there in front of a group of people and be composed.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall
    My, My how sterotypical of you. Oprah Winfrey was a Pageant Girl, Diane Sawyer was in pageants, Sharon Stone, Michelle Pfieffer. Should I go on?

I don't get how when people hear the words former beauty queen they get a picture of a beautiful woman talking about world peace and how she wants to save all the cute little puppies. That is not who we all are.

We are business women. Some of us are now mothers. Doctors. Lawyers. Yes even Marshawn(a beautiful powerful black woman) gasp!! even has a past pageant background. In fact just last year she placed 2nd runner up in the Miss Virginia USA pageant. She is also a Top Five Finisher at Miss America.

So say what you will about pageant girls being Fake and posed. It is just us knowing how to stand there in front of a group of people and be composed.

Oh, come on. Didn't you get just a tad embarrassed when she plastered on the saccharine smile and launched into that presentation in front of the DQ execs? That was exactly the look and the mindless prattle that comprises the bulk of the stereotype.

What the pageant people call composed sets the rest of us giggling in horror. And yes, I know that's taught. It just doesn't fly in the business world.

Fortunately, there are those you mention who can overcome it. I've been impressed with Marshawn so far, too, even though her skin color doesn't make me gasp (no idea what you meant by that).
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall
    Marshawn is a former Miss DC - correct?

correct....."Miss District of Columbia, she finished 3rd runner-up at the Miss America competition"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast