+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump to Personally Select the Contestants Next Season

Trump to Personally Select the Contestants Next Season

May 20, 2005 -- KENDRA TODD nailed the most grueling job interview of all last night snagging a job working for Donald Trump.

The Donald picked Todd, a real-estate broker from Boynton Beach, Fla., as the first female winner of "The Apprentice" on live television, in a telecast originating from NYU.

As her prize, Todd, 26, will oversee the renovation of a mansion Trump owns near his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Todd, a member of the "book smart" team, has a degree from the University of South Florida.

Meanwhile, next fall's class of Trump wannabes on "The Apprentice" were personally selected by Trump.

"They [the producers] broke a million [applicants] down to 2,000 people," Trump told Regis Philbin on yesterday's edition of "Live! With Regis & Kelly."

"Out of the 2,000 people, I picked along with ["Apprentice" creator] Mark Burnett, 18 people that I loved."

Trump said the reason he personally got involved with the casting process this time was because he was not "thrilled" with the latest crop of contestants who competed on the show.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/44273.htm

Uh huh. So Trump and Burnett 'personally picked' season 4's candidates. Yeah, uh huh... makes me feel so much better about the quality of the candidates. Another season of drama over merit, social psychoses over team work, no job description, and the only thing we can be sure of is that the winner will be whoever Burnett feels is the most drama-worthy.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Trump said the reason he personally got involved with the casting process this time was because he was not "thrilled" with the latest crop of contestants who competed on the show.
    I do think Trump was very embarrassed by this season's contestants. Another reason for making this statement is probably because he wants to make it clear that he did not select these people.

I can just hear him saying, "OK, I'm Donald Frickin' Trump and my choice is between a Mary Kay salesperson from Iowa and a girl who looks and acts like she's in junior high school??? Are you kidding me?? Get me a bunch of Wharton MBAs for next season!!"

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I do think Trump was very embarrassed by this season's contestants. Another reason for making this statement is probably because he wants to make it clear that he did not select these people.

I can just hear him saying, "OK, I'm Donald Frickin' Trump and my choice is between a Mary Kay salesperson from Iowa and a girl who looks and acts like she's in junior high school??? Are you kidding me?? Get me a bunch of Wharton MBAs for next season!!"
    I agree. I really don't think he's concerned with all the drama. These contestants are a reflection on him and his reputation is on the line. He probably wanted to crawl into the nearest hole after the Dove commercial debacle.

Yes, the point is that after winning The Apprentice, the contestant would go on to work for one of Trump's many companies. He/she is going to represent the Trump Organization in various functions. That person had better not embarrass him.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I've been saying since Season 1 to stop getting nutcase candidates for the sake of what some believe is "good TV".

My theory is that ANY group of candidates, even if they were all Wharton grads, will start mixing it up, and provide entertainment value. Big brains often results in big egos.

Bring on the big brains!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    I've been saying since Season 1 to stop getting nutcase candidates for the sake of what some believe is "good TV".

My theory is that ANY group of candidates, even if they were all Wharton grads, will start mixing it up, and provide entertainment value. Big brains often results in big egos.

Bring on the big brains!
    I agree completely. The drama doesn't need to be created and will be there on its own. I think they keeping looking for the new Omarossa, though.

FORT Newbie
    Why should they have drama? I didn't watch the first season for the drama, I watched because I'd never seen a reality show that involved things that I might actually do.

I watched the first episode of the second season for the same reason, but immediately after that, I started watching to make fun of the half-wits they'd dug up, since I wanted to keep watching it but couldn't find a good reason.

+ Reply to Thread