+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you think Trump has already decided?

Trump cannot be sued. In the boardroom where Bren was fired, Trump was discussing about Bren's willingness to take risks and comparing the knowledge and ability to assess and take the risk to education. He did say something like he's willing to hire people who can assess/take risk on the high school level metaphorically speaking, but not kindergarten.

Transcript of a phone conversation between Mark Burnett and Donald Trump:

MB: Hey, Donald. It's Mark. How's it going?
    DT: Incredible! You know I've got the most fabulous buildings and the hugest income in all of New York City, if not the World.
    MB: Yeah, whatever. Anyway, we got a problem, mate.
    DT: What's that?
    MB: Well, we're looking at the footage from the final tasks. And we can't find anything good in there about Tana.
    DT: Really?
    MB: Yeah. But there's lots of incredible footage of her being, well, pretty insane.
    DT: Hmmmm.
    MB: So, what I was wondering is -- where you really thinking of hiring her? Because we wouldn't want to make you look like a fool if you ended up choosing her as The Apprentice. But it could make editing that episode rather dodgy, 'cause we've got nothing else to work with.
    DT: No, that's OK. She's a nice lady, but she's kind of a hick. The streets were her bread and butter, you know?
    MB: Believe me, mate, you don't know the half of it....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife
    I keep on thinking back to last season, when Trump chose to keep Jen in the final two over Sandy. I always thought Snady was FAR more qualified than Jen, and that the ONLY reason he chose to keep Jen was b/c she had a college ed. Well Jen tunred out to be a well-educated loser IMO. Sandy would have stood a far better chance against Kelly. Throughout this season, I've believed that choice was why Trump decided to do this theme.... maybe he ralized he'd goofed in choosing Jen over Sandy.
    I also thought Trump blew it last season in not putting Sandy in the finals. I was extremely impressed with the footage they showed of Sandy taking control and turning that empty store into a bridal shop. She just seemed to know instinctively how to plan "events." She knew that the stairs needed to be roped off so no one would fall down them... It's just little things like that that can make a big difference in how professional something comes off.

She would have made a great Apprentice, better than the two finalists this season.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    When Trump's pithy lessons started being negatively demonstrated by Tana, it was the beginning of the end for her. Maybe Tana could have recovered from the "Never Give Up" / Sleeping On Her Immunity fiasco, but when strike two came 2 tasks later with her "Don't Get Sidetracked" / Bedazzler display, it was game over. Remember, those segments are added after the season, and not a task by task taping.

I think Trump's mind was 90+% made up when Alex got fired and saved Tana's hide in the boardroom (what? 6 months ago?). Carolyn and George both said to Trump at the time that Tana wasn't fit to run one of his companies. After that incident, it was Kendra's job to lose.

Tana's task being harder wasn't important anymore. The contest was over. Intentionally bad brochures and crooked signage, and a mysteriously missing flag didn't matter either (as I said in Show Discussion, I wonder if Bill was yelling at his TV for Tana to check the dumpster). Winning the finale comes down to DT's subjective evaluation of how the candidates did. This gives him wiggle room to choose who he wants. Kendra needed to screw up to have any chance at losing.

Sandy would have made a boring, lackluster Apprentice, even more than Kelly. She was a nonfactor until PMing a tailor made task. I liked her personality more than Jen and Kelly, but Kelly deserved to win (by default). Sandy cannot measure up to Kendra's string of accomplishments going back to the Motel Task. Her contribution there, and at the mini golf course, negates the claim that she was "flying under the radar".

Stratigizing not to PM was smart. Remember how many PMs got fired in the beginning? Even then, Kendra knew she still had to make contributions.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 05-17-2005 at 07:09 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife
    I guess if I was Tana, I would wonder if it was even worth it to show up next week. Even thought edits can't put words in her mouth, and she clearly messed up big time, I can't help but feel sorry for her just a bit right now.

I don't feel sorry for Tana in the least. She bopped around like Pollyanna throughout the entire task with that big Mary K smile on her face while her event was falling down around her ears practically. She repeatedly badmouthed her employees to anyone who would listen and then sent them off at the end of the task with a fake smile and a tacky, tacky comment that she shouldn't have to walk out with them because they were the employees and "she was the executive". Then, she had the gall/nerve to look right at the camera and say, unequivically, that the job was hers and that there was no way that Trump wouldn't hire her. Now, I understand being a positive person and having confidence, but she just sounded deluded and slightly insane. She gets no sympathy from me.

FORT Newbie

You got to be kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I disagree. If he hired someone without a college education, Universities, Deans and professors would be screaming for his blood and every angry parent would file a lawsuit against him. Little Johnny saw DT hire someone on Apprentice without a college education, so he dropped out. Let's blame DT, he encouraged it. He'd have lawsuits up wazoo. Even if he were lucky enough not to lose a single lawsuit, it would still cost him time, money and negative publicity to his reputation

That's a very dangerous precedent to set, he's not gonna put himself out on a limb for ratings.
    Do you really think that America would get up in arms over the fact that a person can be intelligent and not go to college. Bill Gates doesn't have as much education as Tana. And although I think Tana is an idiot, you seriously have to diluted to think that there would be an uprising if Trump hired someone without a college diploma.

FORT Newbie
    Well, there wouldn't be an uprising, but I doubt that Trump's uptight team of Ivy League grads would have respect or esteem for a co-worker without a degree. Thats just the way life is. I'm an intern at a sports agency, and you don't see the guy that took an 8 hour online course conversing with the NYU grads at the water cooler!

Just a rant, take it as you will...

snarky scenester
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I was extremely impressed with the footage they showed of Sandy taking control and turning that empty store into a bridal shop. She just seemed to know instinctively how to plan "events."
    ummm...Sandy was a friggin BRIDAL SHOP OWNER. She didn't instinctively know how to plan events, she knew how to run a bridal shop, and lo and behold, the task was right up her alley. Her team cruised because she was a venerable all-star in the field. She couldn't have been more right for the task if she was a fish and the task was about swimming. She was in her element. Slam dunk from the start.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Sandy would have made a boring, lackluster Apprentice, even more than Kelly. She was a nonfactor until PMing a tailor made task. I liked her personality more than Jen and Kelly, but Kelly deserved to win (by default). Sandy cannot measure up to Kendra's string of accomplishments going back to the Motel Task.
    I think last season featured the more difficult split: Girls versus Boys -- and anyone who watched it knows the women were a bunch of crazies when they were all on the same team. Sandy and Jen were lucky to survive until the end. I think Sandy still would have lost to Kelly, but Kendra and Tana would have lost to him too. Kelly was just too strong all the way around. Sandy versus Kelly would have made for a more interesting Finale.

(Does anyone else ever chuckle when they see the Got Milk commercial featuring all the men buying cartons of milk and the voiceover that says something like "Calcium has been shown in studies to reduce the symptoms of PMS"? Maybe they needed more milk last season? )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234