+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Trump has already decided?

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I disagree. If he hired someone without a college education, Universities, Deans and professors would be screaming for his blood and every angry parent would file a lawsuit against him. Little Johnny saw DT hire someone on Apprentice without a college education, so he dropped out. Let's blame DT, he encouraged it. He'd have lawsuits up wazoo. Even if he were lucky enough not to lose a single lawsuit, it would still cost him time, money and negative publicity to his reputation

That's a very dangerous precedent to set, he's not gonna put himself out on a limb for ratings.
    Do you really think so? I'm Canadian, and I know that wouldn't happen here. Would American society really be turned on its ear if Trump hired a "Street Smart"? I'm amazed!

I keep on thinking back to last season, when Trump chose to keep Jen in the final two over Sandy. I always thought Snady was FAR more qualified than Jen, and that the ONLY reason he chose to keep Jen was b/c she had a college ed. Well Jen tunred out to be a well-educated loser IMO. Sandy would have stood a far better chance against Kelly. Throughout this season, I've believed that choice was why Trump decided to do this theme.... maybe he ralized he'd goofed in choosing Jen over Sandy.

Just conjecture, of course!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife
    Do you really think so? I'm Canadian, and I know that wouldn't happen here. Would American society really be turned on its ear if Trump hired a "Street Smart"? I'm amazed!

I keep on thinking back to last season, when Trump chose to keep Jen in the final two over Sandy. I always thought Snady was FAR more qualified than Jen, and that the ONLY reason he chose to keep Jen was b/c she had a college ed. Well Jen tunred out to be a well-educated loser IMO. Sandy would have stood a far better chance against Kelly. Throughout this season, I've believed that choice was why Trump decided to do this theme.... maybe he ralized he'd goofed in choosing Jen over Sandy.

Just conjecture, of course!
    I totally agree with you on last season.Sandy had a total edge and better track recordf than Jen.

I have posted this before ,but i believe whoever has the easier task gets to be the apprentice.Tana's task was way more difficult to oporate than a silly video game championship.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I disagree. If he hired someone without a college education, Universities, Deans and professors would be screaming for his blood and every angry parent would file a lawsuit against him. He'd have lawsuits up wazoo. Even if he were lucky enough not to lose a single lawsuit, it would still cost him time, money and negative publicity to his reputation.
    and what would that crime be?

just curious

Spliting up the finale is likely due to Verna. There are x number of shows scheduled, and paid for, so Trump/Burnett are fullfilling those obligations.

LG.
    the only people / organizations who would have the legal standing to even file a lawsuit against Trump would be someone actually affected by his decision - likely a non-winning Apprentice candidate, and they are all under contract to do the show that waives their right to sue Trump over his decision. People can file lawsuits, but they'd get thrown out, and no decent lawyer would file the case in the first place as there are sanctions against filing a meritless claim.

I think he has decided and it was Kendra. Tana shot herself in the foot when she bad-mouthed her employees to Carolyn that first day in the limo. Bad move, Tana.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    and what would that crime be?

just curious
    It's not a crime but its well worth a lawsuit. We are a sue happy society and let's face it, you do need a college education if you want to be financially successful in life. HS diploma just won't cut it.

I often wondered why they put warning labels on every single thing. There are alot of stupid people out there that need a warning and then there are alot of people out there that do stupid stuff and turn around and sue the company. Sue DT for promoting the idea or not needing a college education? It's no worse than say, buying a hot cup of coffee at McD's and placing it between your legs as you drive. Then sue MD's when you spill the coffee on yourself and actually win the lawsuit for big bucks. Did anyone think that lawsuit had any merit? It was ridiculous and even more outragous that she won

There are plenty of people that will try it and plenty of lawyers willing to take a gamble on the big buck awards or at the very least, get their names in the paper (publicity) from the buzz it creates. Lots and lots of negative publicity for DT also.

Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife
    No, but it would make Trump look like a dolt considering all his previous talk about how important a college education is, even going so far as to pay for Troy's education.

As the StreetSmart team has shown you don't HAVE to have a college education to be financially successful but as most people know it certainly is not a detriment. Instead of sticking to that sort of an argument in the boardroom, Tana went off as if anyone who did go to college wasted four years of their lives when they could've been out in the world making the big bucks.

He might have been able to justify hiring a StreetSmart candidate if they were stronger than any of the BookSmarts but with Tana that's just not going to happen. She not only was lacking in education but in class.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

It's not a crime but its well worth a lawsuit. We are a sue happy society and let's face it, you do need a college education if you want to be financially successful in life. HS diploma just won't cut it.

I often wondered why they put warning labels on every single thing. There are alot of stupid people out there that need a warning and then there are alot of people out there that do stupid stuff and turn around and sue the company. Sue DT for promoting the idea or not needing a college education? It's no worse than say, buying a hot cup of coffee at McD's and placing it between your legs as you drive. Then sue MD's when you spill the coffee on yourself and actually win the lawsuit for big bucks. Did anyone think that lawsuit had any merit? It was ridiculous and even more outragous that she won

There are plenty of people that will try it and plenty of lawyers willing to take a gamble on the big buck awards or at the very least, get their names in the paper (publicity) from the buzz it creates. Lots and lots of negative publicity for DT also.
    You're joking, right? Even Bradford wouldn't take that case.

In reply to Shady

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    the only people / organizations who would have the legal standing to even file a lawsuit against Trump would be someone actually affected by his decision - likely a non-winning Apprentice candidate, and they are all under contract to do the show that waives their right to sue Trump over his decision. People can file lawsuits, but they'd get thrown out, and no decent lawyer would file the case in the first place as there are sanctions against filing a meritless claim.
    I think LG stands for Legal Gal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast