+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Tana or Kendra?

Quote Originally Posted by laura90210
    Is there a poll somewhere that says who most people are rooting for?
    There is a poll - I copied this from the Apprentice website:
    Who will you root for, Book Smart or Street Smart?

Kendra (Book Smart)
    51%
    Tana (Street Smart)
    49%

Was that poll at the NBC site or the Yahoo site? Because the Yahoo site has:

Kendra 72%
    Tana 28%

Although it cracks me up that they list the Pontiac Promotion, the Office Product Invention, and the T-shirt Design Task as Kendra's failures, because she "was unable to effectively manage and motivate a difficult Craig, exposing her inexperience and poor management skills."

What a load of crap. She wasn't even the PM for the Office Product Invention task -- Craig was. And she won the other two tasks as PM almost single-handedly. Yeah, she such a failure...

Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    My friends and I also decided that the person who would have a true advantage in this game would be an event planner. Just like TAR and its cab rides to the million dollars, the final task is always event planner's dream. I wonder how many times Bill has done event planning since he was hired?
    An event planner or a project manager in general would do well in this game. (Event planning experience would obviously help tremendously in the final task.) It's interesting, too, that so many of the contestants are attorneys or salespeople - individuals who certainly have their talents but project management skills are pretty far down the list.

Saying that this game is a search for an executive is a stretch. It isn't a search for who will be the best executive; it's a test of who has the best project and people management skills in the assigned tasks. A top-notch project manager should be able to beat just about anyone else - especially attorneys and salespeople.

PS - If I were going on Survivor, I'd be reading game theory books and learning how to make fires, catch fish, build shelters, etc. If I were going on The Apprentice, I'd 1) read Trump's books and books about Trump, and 2) read every project management book I could get my hands on. I am always amazed at how little preparation most of these people do.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Burnett really baffled me last week.

Either Kendra mopped up the floor with Tana in the final challenge, or he completely misrepresented it, start to finish.

So we approach tonight with the riveting anticipation of two possibilities: a foregone conclusion or an outrage.

Huh?

Why would he possibility set up his finale that way?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Was that poll at the NBC site or the Yahoo site?

It was on the NBC site.

FORT Newbie

The Apprentice and Poker, the commonalities.

I think Kendra has this one in the bag and those who still hold out hope that Tana is going to win, please watch the show again. Tana sucked! I think NYC getting an Olympics is a horrible idea (too populated, take it somewhere that really needs the revenue), but not to have an American flag to walk in the processional is just plain wrong. To blow off the Governor of New York is just wrong, not only that but to keep him waiting, unupdated and out of the loop when I am sure that was not the only thing he had to do that day. To criticize your teammate for taking a course of action before knowing the whole story is wrong. She was ridiculous, unprofessional and clearly doesn't know what a team is suppose to do.

There are advantages to working in a professional environment, and although I think it is wonderful that she has done so well in her personal life, she doesn't seem to have worked in an office, to work on a real team and to be a part of the successes and failures of that team. There is a difference and I think that Tana would get eaten alive in New York City or where-ever Trump placed her if he lost his mind and decided to hire her. She isn't corporate. She is a soccermom who has made some money and become successful doing things that she knows how to do, but her talent is obviously limited.

Furthermore, there had to be more to Kendra's assignment than what was shown on the the show. And if there wasn't, she should have one on the Pontiac task. How many times does a real estate agent come up with an advertisment for a national car campaign? By herself no less. That's where she won this job. For Tana to make light of the fact that Kendra waited to become PM, that was a pretty good strategy. If you are short stacked playing in a poker tournament, you sit around, wait for the best hand and let bigger stacks take themselves out. You are still a part of the game, and a viable part of the game, but you are letting other people cut off their noses and you are saving your own.

You know Kendra is going to win this, and it wasn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoegirl
    Like you, I'm surprised that so many people still favored Tana up until the final task when she was on a downward spiral weeks ago.
    Heck, I'm surprised there are any people who STILL favor Tana over Kendra. The reasons for being against Kendra seem so superficial.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    For all obvious reasons, Kendra is going to win this.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    For all obvious reasons, Kendra is going to win this.

Yay for Kendra, she shined like a pretty penny! I am glad she won, she deserved it!!!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread