+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Apprentice Catchphrases

Memorable Apprentice Catchphrases

If nothing else, all three seasons have shown us that once a candidate gets hold of a phrase, they abuse it until the cows come home. There are some phrases that drive me nuts and I never want to hear them again, and others that may only have been used once or so, but they stick with you. What are other people's favorites and the ones they never want to hear again?

Mine:

Never want to hear again:

"At the end of the day"

Memorable for other reasons:

"screwed the pooch"

"your ass doesn't know if it's sitting on a $5 toilet seat"
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    How about a harmless cup of coffee?
    Un-be-liev-able!

Q. Does "at the end of the day" apply when you pull an all-nighter ?

Snoozin' on the beach
    "Step up to the plate"

snarky scenester
    Not a cliche catchphrase, but one of my favourite lines is in season two, after the men whipped the women for the fourth time in a row. Everyone's in the boardroom and Trump extends his congratulations to the men for winning yet another task, and Raj is sitting in the forefront with this absolute serene look of utter confidence on his face, and he says:

"We're moving up to higher octane fuel."

It wasn't just the power and the poignancy of the words, it was the way he said it. The delivery, the poise....this was a team that, despite the horrible name, was immensely proud of itself. Relentless, efficient, self-assured, calm and calculated, and so overwhelmingly dominant in everything they did that they felt damn near invincible. Every week they just kept getting better and better, like a well-oiled machine, while the women's team kept falling apart. Raj's quote completely summarised the exact feeling and sentiment of the guys: "Damn. We're good." They weren't rubbing it in. At least, it didn't sound like they were. It was just a solemn recognition of their supreme competence.

It would take a task that was completely alien to most of the men--fashion--to destroy that smug sense of superiority and get the women back on track. But at that moment, they were as impenetrable as granite, a confident group of business professionals who were in complete and total control of every facet of the game. I loved it.

If I never hear "At the end of the day" again it'll be too soon! It's gotten to the point where I am hyper-senstitive to it. I hear it on other shows to and it drives me crazy. Right up there with "connection" and "journey" on The Bachelor!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    of course, Raj's "him:dead wrong;me:totally correct" is the all time best

FORT Fan
    I think this season gave us some great ones...

On the very first show you had

Brian: "Fasten your chinstraps" and "They're going to get cut by the jugular" (that one sounded dangerous.

and I'm going to find out what Bren said when they went to the board room, becuase it was just hilarious.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    How about Chris: exteriorly? interiorly? He's the new Webster! :rolleyes

Oh, how could I have forgotten these?

"fembot"

"needs adult supervision" :rolleyes
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

"At the end of the day" tops my list, too.

And let us not forget: "Shoot for the fences"! (I think Donny Deutsch chants that phrase 24/7)

"Think outside the box"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    ..........it drives me crazy. Right up there with "connection" and "journey" on The Bachelor!
    Last edited by tango7; 04-17-2005 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast