+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

Tana - Street Smart

Des Moines, IA
    Sales Executive
    From the official site:
    Tana, 37, is a successful wife, mother of two, and entrepreneur. She is the owner of several start-up companies including an internet commerce business. Her business savvy was first noted at the age of nine when she sold telephone accessories door-to-door and depleted her inventory in record time. Tana's highly competitive spirit has led her to be one of the top sales women in the Mary Kay Organization. Tana's strong work ethic has served her well in all aspects of life and she is a firm believer that you create your own destiny.
    How do you define success?

Success to me is doing what I love, giving it a 110%, feeling a sense of accomplishment, and getting paid to do it doesn't hurt either. Success is living life with passion and enjoying life along the way. I've always strived to be the best mother, wife, and businesswoman I could possibly be. Luckily, I have enough energy to succeed at all three.

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of The Apprentice?

I have learned the importance of thinking carefully before speaking because anything and everything you say can be held against you. I have learned that there's no fooling Mr. Trump, George, and Carolyn. It's best to be who you are from the start. I have learned there are a lot of people who can't take responsibility for their actions and who like to blame others. Talking in circles in the boardroom ultimately just gets you fired.

Why should you be the next Apprentice?

That's an easy question. I should be the next Apprentice because I've been training for this all my life. I am a true go-getter, establishing my first successful sales business at the age of 9. I have always been driven by the sheer will to succeed, and I am not afraid to get my hands dirty doing so. I can relate to all types of people and I am comfortable doing business with anyone. I treat everyone with respect regardless of their status and I am told I am very likeable. Most importantly, I'm sharp, diplomatic, and my energetic personality is unparalleled.

I have to root for my fellow Des Moines-ian!! I hope she'll represent us well. I wish they'd have a college graduate from Iowa, too, but at least she's not wearing overalls and a bandana.

FORT Newbie
    As a displaced Iowan, I'm rooting for her too.

FORT Fogey
    I was impressed last night. For now I like her. Her idea of giving away a trip to Vegas was brilliant. She also handled the dog peeing on her leg very well.

I posted this over in the 1/20 show spoiler thread, but I thought I'd add it here...

Tana's friends were interviewed on the local news last night. She's a part of a group that calls itself The Grateful Dead Wine Club ( ).

The news crew watched them watching The Apprentice and all of her friends felt she had been portrayed exactly as she is in real life. In fact, after she swore the first time, one person said, "There's the real Tana!" and then they joked about making up a drinking game to take a swig every time Tana got bleeped.

BTW, the house they were gathered at was VERY nice...she definitely moves in "3 times the net worth of average college grads" circles.

When one first things out of her mouth was that whole spiel about "I'm not the type to judge people butttttttttttttt some of these guys don't look like Donald Trump caliber people" (or however she said it), I was all set to really not like her. But, by the end of the show, she had redeemed herself. She's OK for now.

FORT Fogey
    Wow I'm shocked.... no one else here finds her annoying? Her voice drives me up the wall!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    When one first things out of her mouth was that whole spiel about "I'm not the type to judge people butttttttttttttt some of these guys don't look like Donald Trump caliber people" (or however she said it), I was all set to really not like her. But, by the end of the show, she had redeemed herself. She's OK for now.
    Lobes.

I couldn't stop laughing though, because every time they showed her "assets" in her pink sweater my wife would shoult "HEllo!"

FORT Fogey
    She did a great job (from appearances) but her voice is really annoying.

She seemed like a bit of a Snooty McSnootkin to me early on, but she did do better later on.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast