+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

I give her credit for doing her best, especially with the negotiations but as far as the t.v. promo went, Erin did better.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I personally found Tana to be hilarious last night - in a refreshing way. I'm not picking on her at all. Yeah, she was out of her element, but she tried and she had fun doing it. And it worked! She is a wonderful saleswoman! And Carolyn's reaction to Tana and her hip-hop talk was priceless. Anyone who can make Carolyn laugh like that deserves props. Had it been anyonne else, Carolyn probably would have just looked disgusted and rolled her eyes.

Also - Tana is so.... innocent, naive, I don't know. But it's cute. I loved how she was so proud to be a MILF and changed the F from **** to "fool around with". Too funny.

It's so strange because I really could not stand this woman when the show began. But she really has grown on me. Her personality is infectious.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    I wonder if Tana's kids stayed home from school today
    Doubt it since the segments which aired on FUSE as part of their Daily Download program originally aired last fall, I believe in early November.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallyhorse
    Doubt it since the segments which aired on FUSE as part of their Daily Download program originally aired last fall, I believe in early November.
    ....but The Appentice aired last night........
    ...and they would be hassled all day......because Tana, you know, she was just a tad awkward

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed her faux ghetto slang, and it probably endeared her to the artists because she was persistent at it. If she just threw a few words in from time to time, but reverted back to her old self, I don't think she would have been as successful. And Craig flanked at her side helped. Tana may believe she was more hip than she actually was, but you have to give her credit (not "street cred", mind you) for maintaining the character throughout.

Kendra and Tana have both nailed YOOGE, impressive sales.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 03-11-2005 at 03:01 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I like her attitude,she changed last night,she went from business to being really cool.I think she could be the next apprentice

She did a good job on the task and she did a good job handling the rejection that she must have felt when Chris sent her over to Magna.

I still think that Kendra should get some credit. She was insistent that they clear any ideas through her, she came up with little additions to the packages and she was quick to praise her teammates on a job well done.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    ...and even though she did a great job last night I didn't like that trying to "fit in" with the hip hop lingo -
    I respectfully disagree. If she'd gone in there with her normal sedateness trying to auction off the 'talent' she was given, in the genre she was in, she would have probably failed because she'd have seemed so out of place and out of touch with the people she was trying to reach. Even though she did sound a bit silly or awkward at times, the thing that came through loud and clear was that the lady was having fun and enjoying herself. And THAT is something any audience can relate to... a person having fun with the moment. And if they see that, a lot can be forgiven.

I give her a lot of credit for being brave enough to throw herself into a role so obviously foreign to her, for doing whatever she needed to do to win the task at hand. She was task-focused, not afraid to do something silly, because the goal was to win. And they did win.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I am really rooting for Tana as of last night's show....she is now the only one I see as a standout, and I could totally see her as the next Apprentice.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Even though she did sound a bit silly or awkward at times, the thing that came through loud and clear was that the lady was having fun and enjoying herself. And THAT is something any audience can relate to... a person having fun with the moment. And if they see that, a lot can be forgiven.

I give her a lot of credit for being brave enough to throw herself into a role so obviously foreign to her, for doing whatever she needed to do to win the task at hand. She was task-focused, not afraid to do something silly, because the goal was to win. And they did win.
    *very* well put

whether or not she tainted her prestine image back at church is another issue, but as far as this show is concerned, she did something rare by making a huge impact on a task in which she wasn't PM for. That was crucial for her at this point in the game.
    02-18-2005 SQUATMAN

I love her positive attitude. I just wish she had more input on what went on during her reign as PM. Angie pushed her idea onto everyone......John and Tara saved the task by securing a legit talent scout.

Tana needs to excel in another task to give her any shot at John.

I like her. Trump might actually tear up after he fires her.
    ....to give her any shot at John.
    Aside from that, this was what she needed to put herself in the running.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 03-11-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Tana may believe she was more hip than she actually was, but you have to give her credit (not "street cred", mind you) for maintaining the character throughout.
    Exactly - Tana has outright shown more effort on tasks than anyone, even more personal favorite, Kendra. This has not gone unnoticed by Trump, who likes his workers to, well, work! The only thing I think stopping her is that frusterating interview process - she's not had as much corporate experience from what I can tell, although she does know sales. Basically she's probably very good at handling herself and a small staff, but maybe not so much as on a larger corporate level.
    Still, her stock has just skyrocketed in my book the last few weeks. You can't NOT like this woman!

+ Reply to Thread