+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

FORT Regular
    I can't speak for Tana; only for myself. If I were to get on The Apprentice, it would be with the assumption that it was a great opportunity to learn some lifelong skills and not much else.

The lifelong skill(s): survival in a pool of sharks.

And it isn't poor self-esteem operating here... think about it, only one person will be hired by Trump. Hence, I would not assume that I'd win. And, frankly, I would do it just for the experience and fun of it.

Based on how relaxed Tana was with the guests, I'm assuming (and maybe I shouldn't be) that she is in for those reasons. She did a fantastic job with the guests - I was very impressed! She proved Bren's statement (which I already knew was true).

Want to make guests happy? Feed them in a timely manner. Want to make guests leave? Take away beverages and food. They will be gone faster than you can say "Robinson Crusoe"!
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

I loved her comment about the free breakfast to the disgruntled customer. Looking forward to seeing if she's got what it takes. Her hard work ethics and positive attitude are admirable.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Thus far, Tana has shown the ability to make the best of a difficult situation.

FORT Regular
    I think she is a moron..taking a plane ticket in a guys apartment with no paperwork. But she is just the moron trump will like....moldable and obeys orders keeps her mouth shut and doesnt question authority...that is a tru trumpette...it is what makes you last in the game.

FORT Newbie
    Okay about the whole moving thing would be easy. I think that Tana's husband would be willing to move if she got the job, but at the same time he is sort of a celebrity in Des Moines because he is on the CBS affilliate news which is one of the bigger news channels here. Also I have been to some of Tana's Mary Kay parties and I have to say she is really nice and thoughtful and she knows how to sell ( and with Mary Kay you have to work hard to sell sometimes because its so expensice) and you could see that in the Burger King assignment when she was working on the register.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizziemarie111
    ..... Also I have been to some of Tana's Mary Kay parties and I have to say she is really nice and thoughtful and she knows how to sell ....... and you could see that in the Burger King assignment when she was working on the register.
    must be a lot of YEEEE-HAWing going on at one of Tana's parties.
    just kidding, I liked that side of her

Lizziemarie111

Thanks so much for that inside glimpse. Keep 'em coming.

I took my side of this discussion about moving just for the sake of an opposing view. Good for her for going for it. I know Des Moines isn't in the "boonies", but it is great to see contestants from "small towns" make a run at it, like Troy.

If her husband is any good at all I bet he could make a serious run at a spot on the CBS Morning Show.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 02-08-2005 at 07:51 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Okay I wouldnt go and say that Des Moines is a small town or anything. Granteed its no New York City or Miami or anything like that but it is fairly decent in size. Especially for Iowa. Now for example Twilia from Survivor grew up in Osceola which is in Iowa and that is a small town. Sorry thats just a pet peeve of mine its not your fault its just that most people dont know how big Des Moines really is especiall since Iowa is falsely represented in TV shows and movies as being a state of all farmers which isnt the case.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I put "small town" in quotes to suggest that I was using he term loosely. I should have made my point clearer.
    for the record, Des Moines has a population of 200,000

my nephew works at Rockwell
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 02-08-2005 at 09:43 AM.

FORT Newbie
    ok sorry about that its just that people say that to me a lot so I kind of take it the wrong way.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I really like her. She seems to make the best of wha's going on around her. Even if the task is not going well, she is handling (at least) her aspect of it. Smart, she won't get pulled into the boardroom for that even if they lose.

Whether she seriously expects to win or not, just being there and doing well is huge advertisement. Either way its a boost for her and her businesses, that alone makes it worth going on the show. I think she is gonna go far.

The dog thing was kind of weird but how nicely can you put it (on National TV) that you just got pissed on by a pooch lol At least she didn't drop the f-bomb like Brian when it happened

+ Reply to Thread