+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Tana was on Conan O'Brien's show tonight and made just a complete idiot of herself. It was clear that she was annoying Conan and talking over him. She made a few snotty comments about Trump and Conan kept having to steer her away from that topic because Trump is a guest on his show periodically. I finally turned it off because I just couldn't listen anymore. She more than implied that Kendra got the job because she kissed butt and that she, Tana, did not get the job because she told the truth and Trump couldn't handle it. At a few points in the interview, some people in the audience boo'ed her. She was dressed just like a housewife from Iowa... okay, not that that's a bad thing (because that's what she is), but when Kendra was on with Jay Leno earlier tonight, she looked great and was better dressed than the actual show biz person on the show, Lisa Kudrow!

BTW - Kendra was very nice about Tana, was diplomatic when asked about Craig and came off, I thought, as humble and grateful.
    I saw that - she made a total fool of herself. Conan couldn't wait to get rid of her! She was just all over the map, too, bragging about her husband who is the "world's best" weatherman or something and pimping her children's book. But the most annoying thing was just the attitude and general stupidity. Scary. I have a feeling this decision was even easier for Trump than it seemed it was.

Tana is a disaster... and a clear example of "If you give someone enough rope, they'll hang themselves"

I never knew before Thursday that Tana invented the circle. I wish someone had asked the obvious: What good is that circle without the text, graphics, and photos that Kendra spent all night contributing? If Kendra's contribution had gone into Net Worth's rectangular brochure it would still have been good; if Net Worth's contribution had gone into Tana's circular brochure, it would still have been crap.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    I never knew before Thursday that Tana invented the circle. I wish someone had asked the obvious: What good is that circle without the text, graphics, and photos that Kendra spent all night contributing? .
    Funny how Tana's novel idea of the circle shape coincided with Kendra's idea of including a CD/DVD. I think that's where Tana's brainstorm emerged from.

...and she just refuses to go gently into that good night....

Here she is on the Des Moines CBS affiliate (the same channel for which her husband is the weatherman):

http://www.theiowachannel.com/index.html

In case the interview isn't up yet, she basically continues with her argument that she thought the decision was still up in the air when she went to NYC last Thursday. Mark Burnett approached her son before the show and told him that no matter what, his mother's always a winner. She's upset that clearly the decision had already been made (ya think?) and can't believe that the last show played out the way that it did. And, oh yeah, did you all know that it was her idea to make that brochure round? It was!! (Good thing she reminded me; I had almost missed that important, significant detail).

Everything was accurately edited until the Pontiac task.

The Olympic thing didn't get portrayed as the beautiful event that it was--it went off much more smoothly than it looked like. She had lots of job offers from those people following the event.

She's "entertaining a lot of exciting offers."

...I think you can predict the rest without even watching the interview. My guess is that she wasn't allowed back on the NBC affiliate after she swore several times in her interview following her firing. And the only reason she was probably on this channel was because of her husband's connections.
    Last edited by misscrispy; 05-24-2005 at 11:25 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    ...and she just refuses to go gently into that good night....

She's "entertaining a lot of exciting offers." ...

...I think you can predict the rest without even watching the interview...
    Let's guess what those exciting job offers are:

NY Street Corner Pretzel Vendor
    BeDazzler Infomercial
    Managing a Flag shop

Poor Tana. Talented, but no class.

It's a shame, reallly.

Tana is so obviously threatened by Kendra that she can't admit that Kendra might have done a better job. Any doubt that Trump might have had that he hired the wrong person has all been erased.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Some news from her website:
    Tana officially releases her first children's book entitled I'M BIGGER THAN THIS! The 32-page picture book teaches kids to think BIG and follow their dreams.

Tana hopes to inspire kids to feel good about who they are and to let nothing get in the way of their goals. Tana considers I'M BIGGER THAN THIS! to be her personal story. Share I'M BIGGER THAN THIS! with a child in your life!
    Tana is now in the process of getting her college degree. With less than 30 credits to go, she is meeting with the Admissions office of two universities to finish her undergraduate education.

Tana also hopes to set up a scholarship fund for single mothers who can't afford to get their college degrees. Stay tuned to find out more about Tana's progress.

London wins 2012 Olympics

So, am I the only one who thinks Trump will get part of the blame for NYC losing the bid? Of course, it may not have been the semi-disaster that Burnett portrayed it as, but Tana didn't do very well in that challenge and the Burnett version was broadcast far and wide. Why in the world did the US Olympic Committee agree to letting it be an Apprentice challenge given what was at stake?

+ Reply to Thread