+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

My best friend lives in Des Moines and knows her really well, she was in that group of friends. She says she is great and very, very down to earth, she is very into her family and husband and she is liked by everyone she meets most of the time and a lot of fun to be around. She won't tell anything to her friends obviously, so my friend was afraid that last night she was going to be the quitter from the pro mos because she IS so into her family and has it really great there at home. But, it also didn't seem the type of thing she would do either.

While EVERYONE ELSE on her team seemed to be goofing off, she was a good natured workhorse. I have to love her for that. Even Danny's "inspiration" probably had less to do with the victory than her steadfastness.

Still hate that hair, but she's grown on me.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I think she held herself REALLY well this task! Her team was obviously falling apart, and she stepped up and did what had to be done regardless of the train wreck that was going on around her! GOOD for HER!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

While I find some of her lines a little cheesy (that's why I'm not in sales ), I have to say she seems like a GREAT person to have on your team. She can work the customer like nobody's business, and seems to get along with her teammates. I like her and think she'll stick around for a long time.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Tana'e third-person reference

Quote Originally Posted by RobC4Me
    Was anyone else irritated when she referred to herself in the third person?
    "the dog went pee pee on Tana"

Or is it just me?
    Tana apparently suffers from "Denny Crane" syndrome!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    My best friend lives in Des Moines and knows her really well..............she is very into her family and husband

I'm liking her as a candidate, but how serious is she about winning and becoming part of the Trump empire if she is so into her family and husband?
    Will she want to move all of them and spend that much time away from them at work/commuting? What's the typical commute time in Des Moines?

Sure, she could have reasons to want the job, even if she looks at it as a year long learning experience.

Families move all of the time so one spouse can get a better job. Why would it be any different with her?

It is a heck of a lot different with her because a job with Trump would separate her from her family more than what she is use to as a 37 year old sales exec for Mary Kay in Des Moines, Iowa.

I think it is great that she is going for it, and I am not saying she can't adjust. All I'm saying is that it will be a huge sacrifice and change for her, and her family, albeit a one year gig.

You can probably toss in a little culture shock for good measure.

Des Moines isn't exactly the Moon. Sure, life is VERY different, but she'd be making enough to settle her family in Westchester or New Jersey--they need not clump together in the wastelands of Manhattan.

And it need not be temporary, because if she did win she'd stand at least a reasonable chance of landing some other kind of NY-centered gig after the year is up.

That said, it's probably no sure thing she'd even have to stay in NY. Bill Rancic didn't, even though we all know his "job" is kind of a joke. While I doubt Trump could find her a job in Iowa, he could have a golf course or something in a less populous location which would suit someone who didn't fit Manhattan that well. Even Bill had that option.

I agree with all of that. Never said she wasn't capable.

I'm sure Tana has rubbed her share of elbows with big city folk. I'm sure the Mary Kay Conventions are quite wild and extravagant. I wasn't saying people from Des Moines are shoeless, classless hicks. It is quite common for small town people to excel in large cities. Johnny Carson.

My point was, given what someone posted about her "being very into her family and husband", that being immersed in a job with the Trump Empire is going to demand much more of her time away from her family than what she probably was use to, no matter where it is, and that she'll need to make sacrifices to give some of that up. And I'm not saying she will never see them.

Maybe I'm wrong to assume she gets to spend time with her family. Maybe she's on the road all week in her pink caddy from Ames to Bettendorf doling out blue eye shadow.

I will say I was wrong to wonder if she was serious about winning the job. I'm sure she has thought it through.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 01-29-2005 at 07:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread