+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Tana - Street Smart

FORT Fogey
    If Warren Buffet could make it in Omaha, Trump could make it in Des Moines!

I don't get the small town/big city thing either, and I've lived in both.

FORT Fanatic

Maybe it's just me but...

I've liked Tana all along, however, I can't believe that The Donald will let her win now. Especially after knowing that she flaked out that time when she had immunity. Right on National TV. He would not pick somebody of that mind to do that. Kendra is the reason they won that task - while Tana went to bed because she knew she had immunity. The Donald has this information. He would look like a fool to hire Tana now.

P.S. I like Tana better - but I just think that is the way this thing will play out. I don't think Donald Trump forgets anything - especially after such an
    overt disrespect for her team mate. She thought Kendra was a nut.

FORT Newbie
    The whole thing about Iowa being all small towns is false. If you have never been to Iowa you cant judge. Tana is from the Des Moines area and this is not a small area. Des Moines is a BIG town, yes it is not a big city but it is not a small town either. Tana also did not grow up in Iowa she grew up in Pennsilvanyia. My dad had 8 brother's and sisters and he did grow up in a small town in Iowa (smaller then any town in the Des Moines area) and most of them went off and have become really successful in Colorado and Chicago. What really offends me is that the media and movies and tv make it seem like Iowa is only small towns. So please do not make comments like Iowa being Podunk because it is not true.

here is Tana
    here is Tana's head when she is PM

Her head swells up and she becomes bossy, manipulative or disrespectful.
    I would NOT want to work for someone like her ever!
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizziemarie111
    The whole thing about Iowa being all small towns is false. If you have never been to Iowa you cant judge. Tana is from the Des Moines area and this is not a small area. Des Moines is a BIG town, yes it is not a big city but it is not a small town either. Tana also did not grow up in Iowa she grew up in Pennsilvanyia. My dad had 8 brother's and sisters and he did grow up in a small town in Iowa (smaller then any town in the Des Moines area) and most of them went off and have become really successful in Colorado and Chicago. What really offends me is that the media and movies and tv make it seem like Iowa is only small towns. So please do not make comments like Iowa being Podunk because it is not true.
    Ya see.. it's not the CITY that makes it Podunk, it's the people and how they act while living in those places.

Iowa may be a hip, happening and cool place to be, but when you have someone like Tana always referring to it as if it's some tick infested hillbilly town.. people will draw conclusions either about the city, or her.
    I choose the latter. She's the hillbilly.

FORT Newbie
    I gotta admit although I feel they are both bafoons..TANA is a moron...was she joking with the i am an executive they are the workers??? The last time that mary kay sales girl road in a limo was her prom.

Amazing.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by IDOLWANNABE
    I gotta admit although I feel they are both bafoons..TANA is a moron...was she joking with the i am an executive they are the workers??? The last time that mary kay sales girl road in a limo was her prom.

Amazing.

I work with a lot of executives and have never EVER dealt with an attitude. I thought Carolyn's jaw was gonna hit the floor when Tana was making derogatory comments about her teammates in the limo

Tana's a hick, regardless of where she's from. Her aw-shucks attitude, the way she handles authority, the "refreshing" lack of polish... It all adds up to Hick.

Tana, The Bedazzler, might wow 'em in Des Moines, but in New York, she's an undereducated naif with no clue about what it means to swim with sharks. If Kendra doesn't take her down, those positioned beneath her in the Trump organization will -- in record time.

Kendra's no prize either. But she's got a certain amount of savvy, a bit of polish and, yes, a college degree. I don't believe, for one second, that DT ever had any intention of hiring someone without at least a college degree. Aw-shucks doesn't go very far when matched up against the Wharton MBAs and Yale JDs employed by Trump's competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I work with a lot of executives and have never EVER dealt with an attitude. I thought Carolyn's jaw was gonna hit the floor when Tana was making derogatory comments about her teammates in the limo
    I think that a lot of executives with real power (i.e. the title and the respect they have earned) know that they don't have to treat the rest of us like "the little people" to get their way. (You catch more flies with honey...) I, too, have found that the higher you go, the more refreshingly un-pretentious are the attitudes. We have a new guy in upper management that I would do anything for because he treats me with respect. I go above and beyond and WANT to make him look good.

Quote Originally Posted by IDOLWANNABE
    TANA is a moron...was she joking with the i am an executive they are the workers???
    At first I thought she must be joking, too. But then she kept up that attitude throughout the whole task, leading me to believe that is how she really felt about them.

What a completely classless, tactless thing to say. (And it has nothing to do with where a person grew up; that's a character flaw).

I don't know about this whole Tana thing...I really liked her, and from the people I know who know her, they really like her, too. I guess I believe the truth is about her is somewhere between the supercool, supernice Tana we saw early in the season and the inept, condescending Tana we saw in the last ep.

+ Reply to Thread